Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Originally Posted by pbd456
is it? i am not sure if this even true.. this is new with the CO merger but it is only on domestic F seat type route.
Well I can tell you it is true because it just happened to me yesterday. I can scan the BP if you don't believe it and I am sure there is somebody here who can look at the flight (with system access) and report back that it was half full at best. Whatever it was...I am happy and they did call several people to the podium.
http://mileageplusmergerupdates.com/...ils_Sept#chart

There you go, should help.

Look under Inta-Asia-Oceania

Last edited by DHalltheway; Oct 24, 2011 at 11:20 am
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by ftv
What is best for my projected flying is to skip DM and stay Platinum.

That said, is the American Platinum or UA PE a better experience? (AS close to the DL product as I can get.)

Thanks!
The problem with UA PE will be introduced in 2012 so nobody can share their experience of being PE as technically nobody has experience what PE gives yet. So it is pretty tough to make a judgement call on that.

UA GE basically got the short end of the stick for 2012 MP.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I am moving this over to MilesBuzz.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:47 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by ftv
What is best for my projected flying is to skip DM and stay Platinum.

That said, is the American Platinum or UA PE a better experience? (AS close to the DL product as I can get.)

Thanks!
Stay with Delllll-ta. Did you know, they are :-: best in class :-: ? If you don't want DM (and who can blame you?), then fly DL still and credit to AS. Comp to AS and maintain status, so you can always fly Delll-ta and accumulate miles. And then, when it comes time to redeem those accumulated AS miles, it will be such a relief compared to the battle you're going to have with the mountains of SM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Hi,

I got a question regarding the mechanisms behind a status match. For example:
I want to match from a SkyTeam FFP to a *A FFP. Does the *A FFP contact the SkyTeam FFP and requests to set back the status or how does it work?

Thanks a lot for a short response,
sebblum
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:16 am

No They don't talk to each other.
Generally, you send a copy of your Skyteam FFP card, a recent FFP account statement (or the printout on your account summary/detail from the website) and a cover letter of request. They process the application materials and respond you. Some *A carriers have well-explained description on their websites about status match/challenge.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I got a success status match with CO for my AA Plat this past Feb.
Can I try to match for UA status in Dec (before the programs merge)?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
No They don't talk to each other.
Generally, you send a copy of your Skyteam FFP card, a recent FFP account statement (or the printout on your account summary/detail from the website) and a cover letter of request. They process the application materials and respond you. Some *A carriers have well-explained description on their websites about status match/challenge.
Thanks for the reply. I have status matched multiple times and was wondering if the airlines actually communicate with each other.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Paulchili
I got a success status match with CO for my AA Plat this past Feb.
Can I try to match for UA status in Dec (before the programs merge)?
i don't see the reason why u need UA and CO since both programs are being merged together
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
i don't see the reason why u need UA and CO since both programs are being merged together
CO status match was for 3 months only as I had no intention to earn the required miles - only used it for some upcoming Co flights. Ditto for UA - I will continue with AA, but would like to earn more miles and have lounge access, priority boarding, etc, in the next 3 months when I fly *A flights.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: EBG
American Airlines status match?

Hi
Does anyone know if American Airlines bonus program will status match from flying blue, m&m or eurobonus??
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by VirreVapp
Hi
Does anyone know if American Airlines bonus program will status match from flying blue, m&m or eurobonus??
They don't status match. You can take challenges though to get status.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: UA Gold
question about status match from UA/CO to Delta

I have Silver status on UA/CO but have a bunch of upcoming travel on KLM (I'm based in the Middle East right now). If I do the status match challenge with Delta, do I have to fly Delta metal or will my upcoming travel on KLM (with miles crediting to Delta) be sufficient to meet the 8000MQMs? Does it matter if the flights are codeshares with DL flight numbers?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Hi

I have Delta Plat for 2011 ,

I would like to match to some Star allaince "Gold" for 2012 , it can be any Star carrier even small ones ,
Just looking to get the extra bag and red carpet club access on International flights ,

So which Star Alliance carriers are "friendly" right now without a challange

thanks for your help

RB
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
Hi

I have Delta Plat for 2011 ,

I would like to match to some Star allaince "Gold" for 2012 , it can be any Star carrier even small ones ,
Just looking to get the extra bag and red carpet club access on International flights ,

So which Star Alliance carriers are "friendly" right now without a challange

thanks for your help

RB
I have DL Silver that I got through a promo. Can I match AA Or any Stat A , or anyone for that fact.

As a newbie I want status. If someone gives me it, I will fly them even Aegean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.