Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Thumbs up CX Status Match

Today CX match my AF/KLM gold to MPC silver!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
What's your travelling pattern? Was it matched in HK or somewhere else?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: CX Diamond
how does one go about doing the reverse ? i.e. getting AF/KLN to match my CX status ?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:20 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by CXDM
how does one go about doing the reverse ? i.e. getting AF/KLN to match my CX status ?
Same way as with any airline match: fax your CX statement to AF. Comps are very easy in 2009 as all airlines are desperate for business, a big change from a year ago.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
anyone experience of getting status match to AAdvantage?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
What address/fax# did you use? What did you say in your note? Can you copy/paste their reply?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
CX matched my BA Silver with CX Silver (lower Oneworld tier).

I recently moved to HK and wanted to switch to CX MPC. However, the CX Silver is less worthy than BA Silver when it comes to lounge access when traveling Y class with a companion.

Been flying business on CX but using BA EXEC in which I'm almost 50% of the way for tier renewal. Am I missing anything by not using my CX MPC??
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
Same way as with any airline match: fax your CX statement to AF. Comps are very easy in 2009 as all airlines are desperate for business, a big change from a year ago.
I think that AF is not used to do status match. Anyway their FFP is being dramatically devalued.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by hemz88
anyone experience of getting status match to AAdvantage?
AA uses a "Platinum challenge" for 99% of comps: fly 10K miles in 90 days (instead of the 50K normally needed). AA will comp EXP in exceptional circumstances (you need to show spend of over USD 100K per year on air tickets, etc.). For most people the Plat challenge is it (and this is open for anyone, no status match involved).
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:43 pm
Suspended

who in the their right mind want to use AF/KLM check the forum out they treat the best customers like dirt and it is almost impossible to burn miles and when you do they fleeece you with criminal charges
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dabbagmm
CX matched my BA Silver with CX Silver (lower Oneworld tier).

I recently moved to HK and wanted to switch to CX MPC. However, the CX Silver is less worthy than BA Silver when it comes to lounge access when traveling Y class with a companion.

Been flying business on CX but using BA EXEC in which I'm almost 50% of the way for tier renewal. Am I missing anything by not using my CX MPC??
If you are flying CX a lot and are likely to reach CX Diamond, you will get treated by CX much better than BA ever treated you. Waitlists will clear automatically, you'll be able to redeem tickets at any time even if no availability etc etc lots of undocumented benefits.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sxc
If you are flying CX a lot and are likely to reach CX Diamond, you will get treated by CX much better than BA ever treated you. Waitlists will clear automatically, you'll be able to redeem tickets at any time even if no REDEMPTION availability etc etc lots of undocumented benefits.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
What address/fax# did you use? What did you say in your note? Can you copy/paste their reply?

Just explained that I´m considering switching my business to Cathay... and so on! Plus copys, scans & screenshots of my card, account, travel history!

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email.

Having reviewed your travel history, we should be delighted to enrol you
as a Silver tier member of The Marco Polo Club, free of charge.

If you wish to accept this offer, please complete the attached ?Marco
Polo Club Application Form? and then return by email, or fax to +852
2412 5946. We will then process your membership pack as quickly as
possible.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:13 am

Programs: Marco Polo, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CXDM

Why on earth would you like to do that!?

Me and the misses did the exact same thing as the OP once we moved out here to SH (and this was done when things were still very good for the industry), and I've never looked back. Sure, CX is currently making some changes for us members/passengers flying with them, but it is NOTHING if you start comparing what AF/KLM is currently doing with their program. Have a quick look in to the Flying Blue section of this forum, and you'll pretty soon see what I'm talking about.

If you "need" to switch to a European based airline, try Lufthansa instead, or even better, Austria (great service!) Just make sure to stay AWAY from AF/KLM...

Cheers,
Joe
Old Mar 16, 2009, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by dm101
Why on earth would you like to do that!?

Me and the misses did the exact same thing as the OP once we moved out here to SH (and this was done when things were still very good for the industry), and I've never looked back. Sure, CX is currently making some changes for us members/passengers flying with them, but it is NOTHING if you start comparing what AF/KLM is currently doing with their program. Have a quick look in to the Flying Blue section of this forum, and you'll pretty soon see what I'm talking about.

If you "need" to switch to a European based airline, try Lufthansa instead, or even better, Austria (great service!) Just make sure to stay AWAY from AF/KLM...

Cheers,
Joe
Is AF/KL really that bad now?
I have no idea about them now, since the last one I went on one was back in 2002..quite long ago and it was a pleasant epxerience that time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.