Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dskum23
Now I have 85k points in my account. I guess I got crazy lucky.
Wow, nice! Congrats!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Am I too greedy?

Am I the only one who got shot down since they already matched the 100K offer on my Plat?

I opened both Plat (in Feb.) and Gold (in May). For Plat I got 50K and was later matched to the 100K offer. For Gold, I got 25K and emailed/called a few times all got shot down since they said they had already given me additional 50K for my Plat and could not do the same for the Gold.

I would like to see if anyone who get both 100K for Plat and 75 for Gold. Maybe i am too greedy and should stop???
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by leonard016
Am I the only one who got shot down since they already matched the 100K offer on my Plat?

I opened both Plat (in Feb.) and Gold (in May). For Plat I got 50K and was later matched to the 100K offer. For Gold, I got 25K and emailed/called a few times all got shot down since they said they had already given me additional 50K for my Plat and could not do the same for the Gold.

I would like to see if anyone who get both 100K for Plat and 75 for Gold. Maybe i am too greedy and should stop???
I got 75k each for the Business Gold and Premier Rewards Gold. They go to the same membership rewards account. Having had a bunch of AA and Chase cards I am not going to go for the Plat as well even though I know the chances of seeing such a strong sign up offer again are not great
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold

I'm giving it a shot. Got the Platinum bump in April and just was approved for the Gold tonight. Sent them a SM asking for the bump to 75K. We'll see how it turns out.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:14 am

Another data point. Applied more than a month ago, completed spend, and received the lower bonus recently. Called two days ago to receive the balance of points to match offer 5894 and was told that it couldn't happen until 6-8 weeks had passed. Will try again with a different rep tomorrow.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:03 am

I got both. At least for the 100K Platinum on the 4th request they finally agreed to give me the bonus points but I still haven't received the Platinum card. I'm hoping once I meet the spend they won't try to turn me down but I do have the SM from the promising the points.

Also, once you reach the spend you can ask they expedite posting your points. If one rep says no, write back and ask another. For my Gold card from card receipt to points posting it was 5 weeks and on their normal schedule it would probably be 8-10 weeks.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I got 75k each for the Business Gold and Premier Rewards Gold. They go to the same membership rewards account. Having had a bunch of AA and Chase cards I am not going to go for the Plat as well even though I know the chances of seeing such a strong sign up offer again are not great
For the Business card, did you have to meet the original offer's spending req (i.e. $50,000) or did you request and got the points after spending the newer offer's spending requirement?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

i got them to match the 75k for gold before i got them to match the 100k for plat...but i got both.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:12 am

Think I may have wasted a hard pull on this one. Applied and got approval 10 days ago but still didn't receive the card. If offer code does expire today then I'm out of luck to bump up the points. I don't have an acct with Amex so CS can't take any prior request to note my acct.

Hope they can honor the promo after today (and when I receive the card
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:01 pm

How long did it take for you to receive your card?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA (Executive Platinum), SPG, BA Executive Club, Hilton (Gold), Hyatt (Platinum)
Originally Posted by sharka
Think I may have wasted a hard pull on this one. Applied and got approval 10 days ago but still didn't receive the card. If offer code does expire today then I'm out of luck to bump up the points. I don't have an acct with Amex so CS can't take any prior request to note my acct.

Hope they can honor the promo after today (and when I receive the card
I feel like it's from the date of application and not activation as someone else pointed earlier in the thread...because I haven't received mine yet either and it's been 10 days. But they did make a note in my account re: the promo and that they would honor/match it. I'll be sure to make a ruckus otherwise!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:09 pm

Damn wish I had seen this earlier. I had a 50,000 bonus points for $500 spend offer (I've never had an AMEX gold, only blue). It's been sitting on my desk and I was tempted to do it, since it expires July 3. Well last night I did it and got approved. Now I hope I can get the extra 25k miles once I activate the card. I wish I had done this a month ago instead of waiting til this deal was expiring.

Next stop, Chase Sapphire!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:37 pm

Has there been a delay in response times to online secure messages? Message from last night has still not been answered.

Noticed the 10 hour service standard message but now it's been 18 hours.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:16 pm

Response time was 24 hrs for me and that was a couple of days ago.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:27 pm

is it too late to apply for this offer now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.