Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by workandski
Tennis Pro: How did you contact Chase? I applied for the card under the 50,000 mile deal and don't have a decision yet. I'd like to try to do what you did.
Probably just a secure message on the site. If you don't have other Chase accounts, you probably can't do that.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Could you please clarify?

BTW....love your blog, keep up the great work!

------------------------

Looking at the AA route map. Don't see too many flights with intermediate stops.
In dealing with BA phone reps, they often don't allow backtracking. So if you wanted to do a trip that was London to Chicago, you couldn't do London-Los Angeles- Chicago. You could however do London- New York- Chicago. Some people have gotten them to allow backtracking (going through LA, but not actually stopping there), but its always best if you are going in one direction en route to your final destination.
Thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by sunny_sc
does anyone know if i'd be able to book an award ticket to europe in september using these miles? i'm not too familiar with booking award tickets and i don't know if i'd get the miles too late to be able to do this. thanks in advance!
If you are flexible with dates and destinations you should have no issues getting award tickets to Europe in September. I recommend reading through Flyertalk threads and my Tips on Using BA Miles posts to get an understanding on the best way to use these miles. Its a little bit complicated, so dedicate a couple hours to educate yourself and you'll get much more value out of them if you don't. Or you could also pay an award booking service to do your dirty work (like bookyouraward.com, pointspros.com or me)
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
The AA/LAN examples are interesting, but what about redemptions on Cathay Pacific? How many miles would it take to do a routing to Australia with a layover in Hong Kong?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Can confirm Chase UA was churnworthy for me - got the bonus again this year. Guess that YMMV.

Originally Posted by Azurik
There is no secret. They used to be highly churnable, but not anymore. I highly doubt you will get the miles this time around, and instead, will waste an inquiry and will receive a "sorry, but you had this card before" letter. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by longleaf
Do you mean you have gotten the exact same card and points multiple times? B/c that is not the norm.

Or, by churn do you mean you have gone through each of the cards listed above once and continue to get more, but different, chase cards? Since your post count is low i just want to make sure you are not a newbie confusing the word churn.

I'd love to get this BA card twice. So please report back if you get the points on BA twice.
Churn in that all those cards were from Chase. I've done United 2x a year apart, and Southwest 2x a year apart. I also have Done Continental, and BA once each.

Basically, in the last couple of years, I meet the requirements and keep the card just long enough to get my miles credit then move on to the next one.

My local Chase branch really does not like taking Mint coins for credit card payments. But until they stop giving me the miles I'll keep going.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Wyleeguy79
Churn in that all those cards were from Chase. I've done United 2x a year apart, and Southwest 2x a year apart. I also have Done Continental, and BA once each.

Basically, in the last couple of years, I meet the requirements and keep the card just long enough to get my miles credit then move on to the next one.

My local Chase branch really does not like taking Mint coins for credit card payments. But until they stop giving me the miles I'll keep going.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
I'm having a difficult time understanding all this.

Exactly what, for example, were the two Southwest cards: both with RR credits and were both cards under your name? A year apart--does that mean you waited a year after you cancelled on Soutwest card and then applied again, and got another Southwest card with RR credits? (I'm picking on SW because I cancelled my Chase SW card a few months ago, and would apply again if, I understand, you have successfully gotten the free r/t flights BOTH times.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by TennisPro
Just got my reply from Chase via secure message center...

They are happy to honor the 100K mile offer, instead of the 50K mile offer that I applied for about a week ago.

Whew! I thought I just had the worst timing ever.
Interesting, how exactly did you phrase the question?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by chemist661
I believe income is one significant factor in granting CL's. I have 4 rental properties (with 4 mortgages) and I don't get super high CL's (except from Credit Unions) due to the banks thinking my mortgages are like credit card debt. Their computer models automatically give me lower CL's. With recons, I usually can get decent limits when I explain to a "human" that my rents are greater than income. I usually don't need the high CL's (15-20K+), I just want the nice signup bonuses. I got "stung" with Barclay's US Airways card. Got their Plat 10K version instead of 35K. Having to talk to their outsourced CSR's is a major "pain". All they know is to read from their "script".

My wife gets pretty decent CL's (most credit cards use household income).

I have learned to put "gross" rent (plus my regular wages) in the applications. One time I put "net" rental income & I got a turn down with a Credit Union. On recon with extensive documentation, I got offered a very nice CL.
Never realized the significance of household income vs personal/individual income. For myself, if they ask for personal income, I can normally get pretty decent CL's. Sometimes it is not automatic approval. And when they ask for household income, I usually get instant approval with higher CL's. For my wife the only way she normally gets approved for these higher end CC's is to report our household income. Her personal income is too low for them to approved CL's of 5K or more. My scores are in the low 700's. Her's are in the mid 700's.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Can confirm Chase UA was churnworthy for me - got the bonus again this year. Guess that YMMV.
Have you gotten your bonus yet. Remember that there are two versions of the Chase UA. A regular Visa and a Signature Visa. You can get a bonus for each one. I've done it. But I don't think you can get a bonus more than once on each one. A friend of mine tried and was unsuccessful.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
So on the BA website when you do a dummy booking (I don't currently have any BA miles so I can't get past step 3) is the cash & miles price that is displayed an all-in final price...or are fees, taxes, and additional YQ going to be added to the cost later on in the purchasing process?

For example I just priced a Y ticket from WAS-HNL on AA and I am presented with a price of 35,000 miles + $10. I know people are saying YQ is usually not assessed on AA domestic flights so can I safely assume this is indeed the final price?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by HoKo
So on the BA website when you do a dummy booking (I don't currently have any BA miles so I can't get past step 3) is the cash & miles price that is displayed an all-in final price...or are fees, taxes, and additional YQ going to be added to the cost later on in the purchasing process?

For example I just priced a Y ticket from WAS-HNL on AA and I am presented with a price of 35,000 miles + $10. I know people are saying YQ is usually not assessed on AA domestic flights so can I safely assume this is indeed the final price?
All-in
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
All-in
Wow you're fast, answered on both sites within minutes. I'm impressed Brian! haha
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by eknock007
Have you gotten your bonus yet. Remember that there are two versions of the Chase UA. A regular Visa and a Signature Visa. You can get a bonus for each one. I've done it. But I don't think you can get a bonus more than once on each one. A friend of mine tried and was unsuccessful.
Do you happen to know if Chase OnePass Plus card is considered a different card from old Chase OnePass World MC? I had OnePass World MC last year but cancelled it recently and I am wondering if I can be approved for the 50K OnePass Plus card?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Do you happen to know if Chase OnePass Plus card is considered a different card from old Chase OnePass World MC? I had OnePass World MC last year but cancelled it recently and I am wondering if I can be approved for the 50K OnePass Plus card?
They are the same card -- it's only a 'name' change!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: All of them
About a week ago I was targeted for the 50,000 MP Chase Visa. Since I've just been approved for the Continental OP Mastercard I was told that I needed to wait until April 24 to apply for the MP card.

My question is can I apply for the BA and the MP card at the same time on April 24 and get approved? or do I have to wait 60 more days to apply for the BA card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.