FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   [Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1202466-expired-ba-100-000-miles-promo-back.html)

longleaf Apr 5, 2011 9:07 pm

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click

For a limited time, new cardmembers receive 100,000 bonus BA Miles—enough for two round-trip transatlantic flights.

The official Pricing & Terms link states annual fee is $95. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

Apply by May 6, 2011 and you’ll receive our most generous enrollment offer of the year—up to 100,000 bonus BA Miles. You’ll earn 50,000 bonus BA Miles after your first purchase2 on the card and an additional 50,000 bonus BA Miles after spending $2,500 on your card within the first three months of activation.3

More exclusive benefits include:

BA Miles for every dollar spent—Earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases. Earn 1.25 BA Miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases.4
BA Miles Travel Together Ticket—With the BA Miles Travel Together Ticket, you can bring a companion on your next reward flight without using any additional BA Miles. Every year you spend $30,000 on your card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years. For more details, visit ba.com/traveltogetherticket.

Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)

Hat tip to Gary.

kts262 Apr 5, 2011 9:24 pm

I've been waiting for this!!!!

I just hope I haven't applied for too many cards recently so I can still get this one (which I probably have. :()

milaohu Apr 5, 2011 9:26 pm

Cool.
It has been one year and half since it first came out.
It maybe churnable for who got it 1.5 year ago.

Originally Posted by longleaf (Post 16168051)
Clicking on the banner takes you to an application page that doesn’t provide details on the bonus.

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...ID=&PROMO=DF01

The British Airways Visa is offering 50,000 bonus miles after first purchase and 50,000 after spending $2,500 on the card within three months.

According to Gleff: The offer isn’t officially set to launch until tomorrow afternoon, there’s no hurry in applying as I understand they intend to run the offer through the month of April. In fact, it may well be a mistake that it’s on the BA website so early, as I say I don’t think it was supposed to be up yet.

Of course there’s no guarantee it’ll last for a month, of course, but you don’t need to apply on Wednesday or even this week in order to get the bonus. Just don’t let it go for too long as you won’t want to miss out on this.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...comment-220014

longleaf Apr 5, 2011 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by milaohu (Post 16168124)
Cool.
It has been one year and half since it first came out.
It maybe churnable for who got it 1.5 year ago.

I got it last year too, and would hope that it is churnable, though i doubt it. I hope someone proves me wrong!

utl567 Apr 5, 2011 9:35 pm

Of course this comes out after I applied for 2 other cards, one chase, in the past 2 weeks.

Enjoy folks.

thepointsguy Apr 5, 2011 9:41 pm

I've been promised by my ad rep to have the application link tomorrow, so I'll post once its live.

I used my last BA card sign up bonus to fly BA First and ended up flying right behind Madonna on the outbound and rode in the New First on the return.

Hoping for similar good fortune this time around!

jmw2323 Apr 5, 2011 9:46 pm

damn. not going to be able to get this one. Unless of course they add a business version:D

yuel Apr 5, 2011 9:47 pm

Lets hope for another 100K in my account and everybody's account, I still have 127k from the last promo and all the bonuses they offered. I can only imagine what to do with 227k in my BA account.

colden Apr 5, 2011 9:57 pm

I was planning on getting the CO 50k card soon, but now I might get this one instead. I can't really do both since I just got the WN Visa about 2 months ago.

Any thoughts? 100k BA miles + YQ + $95 non-waived annual fee, or 50k CO miles? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm rather new at this, and definitely new at intl travel! Thanks.

thepointsguy Apr 5, 2011 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by colden (Post 16168245)
I was planning on getting the CO 50k card soon, but now I might get this one instead. I can't really do both since I just got the WN Visa about 2 months ago.

Any thoughts? 100k BA miles + YQ + $95 non-waived annual fee, or 50k CO miles? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm rather new at this, and definitely new at intl travel! Thanks.

I'd definitely go with BA 100k and if you really want Continental miles, you can get an Amex Plat with50k bonus points (albeit $450 annual fee- but lots of benefits and major lounge access/priority pass/free global entry/ $200 in fee rebates, etc) and then transfer those 50k to Continental by Sept 30.

Azurik Apr 5, 2011 10:04 pm

I already did this the 1st time around, but glad it's back. I'll probably get my parents in on this, but between signing them up for the Capital One 100k miles, Continental 50k miles, United 50k miles and SPG 30k points (along with other miscellaneous cards) this year, I'm not sure if they'll go crazy managing this promotion. Ahhh!

grlmopz Apr 5, 2011 10:10 pm

My wife signed up for the 50K BA card last month in the hopes that it would be churnable. It isn't, it turns out. A letter arrived in the mail indicating that the offer was good for first-time cardholders only. YMMV.

qtpinoy54 Apr 5, 2011 10:22 pm

would love for this to be churnable. Please, oh please be!

SoccerJock Apr 5, 2011 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54 (Post 16168336)
would love for this to be churnable. Please, oh please be!

how can we find out?

JohnOdd Apr 5, 2011 11:20 pm

Jeez,

I just got my new BA card in the mail today, haven't even activated it yet. I'm hoping i can call in tomorrow and ask for the 100,000 mile treatment.