[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by TennisPro
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application Reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Direct Number)
If I applied and got processing which is the better number to call?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:35 am
formerly ffactoryxx

With the AA Promotion going on. Is this any better?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:28 am

Timing the spend

I am interested in this, however, I wondered if any of you know when the clock starts on the 3-month "spend" window? Accepted application date or when you receive/activate the card? I'm wondering because we have a trip planned for July 2nd-July 10th and we could make at least half of our spend through those charges. Those dates, of course, are three months away and some charges take a couple days to clear. I might delay applying for a week depending the rules.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by genotonda
Just got instant approval and I did get the 100k last time around. I will post back if the bonus mileage actually posts, but as the last poster commented....the promo will most likely be over by then. Especially since I will need to wait for at least 2 coin orders to go through.

Oh well, it was worth an inquiry to find out.
Try Amazon payment or Amex Serve. You can send $1000 /$2500 from credit card to your family member, no fee.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by dragen owner
I applied for this promotion the last time it ran, about a year ago, but was denied. This time, however, I got instant approval. Cha-ching! FYI, the only thing I changed was closing one card that I wasn't using. Nothing else substantially changed on my report. In fact, I even just recently got approved for the Citi AA promotions, as well as Starwoods, and still got the approval for this. Very cool promo indeed.
very encouraging. when did you apply for citi AA and SPG card?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longleaf
I'd be happy to change it if we could get at least several people to verify this... However, we have not had a single person report success getting the bonus twice, so lets not jump the gun.

Just b/c one person has mentioned being approved for the card again, actually getting the miles is another matter, as Chase usually has an infamous letter after being approved that says "Sorry...first time card member only".

By the time bonus miles post this promo will likely be over. So I doubt you will ever get any real verification of people actually receiving the bonus miles twice before this promo ends unless some people have the activation agent adjust their closing date close up and spend the money extra quick!
Also, even if there were some reports of success (of actually getting the bonus, not just the card), there'd more data necessary. To be precise, there were several rounds of "last time" spread over several months. I know, because I applied in early 2010 after the offer had been on and off a couple times, and then had come back for "the last time back then". Results may be different depending on exactly which of the "hiccupy" iterations of the offer "last time" someone applied...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
With the AA Promotion going on. Is this any better?
Well, first of all, some people may be able to do both, so "better" would not matter then.

Second of all, "better" depends a lot on how you would use it. If for trips between the US and Europe, BA charges much higher ($$$) fuel surcharges than AA does, so for that, AA would likely be better.

If you intend to use them for intra-US economy 25k redemptions, that's about equal, except it's more a hassle to use BA (in many cases you have to call whereas with AA you could do it online, thought it depends on the cities you're flying between), and if you have status with AA, then attaching your status to an award booked via BA is an extra step too. But of course the BA card offer gives more miles (for a given amount of minimum spend) than the AA card offers do. (But some people can get multiple AA cards, eg Visa and Amex, whereas there is no such option with Chase BA, so if you can do that, then you actually get much more with AA.)

So as you can see, there's no simple answer to your question.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: CO Plat
Not sure if this is a good sign. I applied two days ago, got the "we will review your application and within 7 days we will get back to you". This morning i got an email welcoming me to the Executive Club membership (i checked that i didn't have an membership account when i applied for the credit card). Any thoughts?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, first of all, some people may be able to do both, so "better" would not matter then.

Second of all, "better" depends a lot on how you would use it. If for trips between the US and Europe, BA charges much higher ($$$) fuel surcharges than AA does, so for that, AA would likely be better.

If you intend to use them for intra-US economy 25k redemptions, that's about equal, except it's more a hassle to use BA (in many cases you have to call whereas with AA you could do it online, thought it depends on the cities you're flying between), and if you have status with AA, then attaching your status to an award booked via BA is an extra step too. But of course the BA card offer gives more miles (for a given amount of minimum spend) than the AA card offers do. (But some people can get multiple AA cards, eg Visa and Amex, whereas there is no such option with Chase BA, so if you can do that, then you actually get much more with AA.)

So as you can see, there's no simple answer to your question.
If you are booking non-stop AA flights using BA miles, you can do it online. If not the booking fee is waived.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Ends May 6.

I'll wait until about then as I just did a couple Chase SWA's and a Marriott in past 2 or 3 months and now have 5 Experian hits (Cap1 and AmEx Biz Gold in past month).

I assume most of us got the Chase United a year ago and will be trying to close it with CSR as part of getting this card. Doesn't Chase allow you to cancel within 30 days of the fee hitting with full refund?
Yes, Chase does allow you to cancel within 30 days of the annual fee posting to your account.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
SEA to CPH without hitting LHR?

Hi all,

I'm considering this, but am not crazy about the fees when you go thru london.

Does anyone know if I can get from SEA to CPH with one stop on a combo of AA and BA?

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
I have a chase sapphire card. Will this affect my getting a BA chase card? Can I upgrade the saphire to BA with the same 100K deal? TIA
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
I have gotten a response from Chase stating that my account is slightly over 60 days and thus would not be matched with the 100k miles offer. Sucks for me! But at least we have an official answer that the match period is 60 days.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by hilmar
Hi all,

I'm considering this, but am not crazy about the fees when you go thru london.

Does anyone know if I can get from SEA to CPH with one stop on a combo of AA and BA?

Thanks!
If you mix carriers, you will be dinged with much higher award rates, but it can be done if you fly AA to a Finn Air gateway and fly them to CPH via Helsinki. Or you could do JFK-BUD on AA and then Malev to CPH. Be sure to study the multi-Oneworld partner award chart.

FYI Fees on other carriers transatlantic flights are still expensive, so I doubt its worth it to go through the trouble of spending more miles to avoid BA

Last edited by thepointsguy; Apr 8, 2011 at 11:56 am
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Chase credit card application

Originally Posted by kuwaito
Not sure if this is a good sign. I applied two days ago, got the "we will review your application and within 7 days we will get back to you". This morning i got an email welcoming me to the Executive Club membership (i checked that i didn't have an membership account when i applied for the credit card). Any thoughts?
I had almost an identical experience. I called Chase and they said they are still confirming the information on my application but, if it's accurate, I'll get the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.