[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by grlmopz
My wife signed up for the 50K BA card last month in the hopes that it would be churnable. It isn't, it turns out. A letter arrived in the mail indicating that the offer was good for first-time cardholders only. YMMV.
This same thing also happened to me, after I spent $1500 on the darn card.

But I knew I was betting on the come that I could churn it and I crapped out.

I would give it a 90% probability this new 100k offer is not churnable...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I just priced out a JFK-LHR and taxes came to $498. So yes, you could get two roundtrip North America to London (or elsewhere in Western Europe) for $95 and spending $2,500 within 3 months.

Or you could get 1 roundtrip business class ticket for similar taxes/fees.
Or you could have it terminate in LIS or MAD and catch a cheap flight back and save $300. They do this all the time over in the BAEC forum to avoid the London airport taxes.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
If I recently applied for a Chase card, should I apply for this amazing deal or will I be declined?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
I
Also - how much would I pay in fees if I intend to use the miles ONLY for domestic (AA) flights? Subject to availability, can I use it for 4 round trips?
Nonstop AA domestic roundtrip tickets have $5 in fees- even for business class. A great deal IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:32 pm

I'm in Buenos Aires now thanks to the first promo. As of Feb. there was no fuel surcharge on LAN. I was able to book then Mia-lim (stop)-ipc (Easter island stop)-scl-eze (stop)- lim-Mia for 80,000 miles and $150 for taxes and fees.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
AA domestic tickets have $5 in fees per roundtrip- even for business class. A great deal IMO.
That is great to know!^
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:42 pm

Can you transfer BA miles to SPG or any other hotel program?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by JCary
Can you transfer BA miles to SPG or any other hotel program?
no
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
That is great to know!^
In my blog post on the BA offer, I took screenshots of a bunch of different awards so people can see what the miles and taxes are needed on different awards.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:47 pm
ylF

Hi, I have read not all the pages up this point (please hold the flames). I read about the 1st 3 pages and the last 3. And have not found the answer i'm looking for.

I have 2 chase cards that are 4 years old. One only has a $200 limit on it. And the other is a business with over 30K on it. Zero balance on both.

My question is two fold: I read the FrugalTravel guy say the 6month waiting period is a myth. And that one could negotiate and simply close out an older card, YMMV. Do I stand a chance?

Also, are you guys getting instant approval online? I got this:

"Thanks for Applying
We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.

Please do not resubmit your application
."

Also, I in January 2011 I got 2 Citi cards and last month I got the Business cards for it. I have my AA miles from it.

Also, I just did both the regular and business Capital One cards and have submitted my "matched" miles to them.

Am, I overdoing it? If my numbers are correct I should have 375K miles including the C1 cards but not including this one of course.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So anyone know if you still get the bonus miles (50K+50K) if you only get approved for the Visa Platinum card rather than the Visa Signature card?

You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:12 pm

Nonstop AA domestic roundtrip tickets have $5 in fees- even for business class. A great deal IMO.
Thanks! And taxes would be $10 or so even if the flight had multiple segments?
This looks like too good a deal to pass.^
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by mrkymark
So anyone know if you still get the bonus miles (50K+50K) if you only get approved for the Visa Platinum card rather than the Visa Signature card?

You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.
Yep. I had almost zero credit when I applied for this card about year ago and they gave me Platinum instead of signature but I still got the miles. I was so surprised and thankful that they gave it to me since it was my 2nd card I've ever got. (my credit score was like 590)

Big question is can people who got this card last time still get bonus this time around? I canceled my BA visa about 4 months ago.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by nerdwallet

This means that you can still sign up for the Citi AAdvantage 75,000 bonus mile offer (maybe even twice - Visa & Amex), and combine those miles with the BA 100k deal, for a combined total of 175k miles (or 250k).
Since when can you combine AA and BA

dh
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:39 pm
sgb

Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
Thanks! And taxes would be $10 or so even if the flight had multiple segments?
This looks like too good a deal to pass.^
Typically for a domestic flight the taxes are $2.50 per segment. So for a non-stop return flight the total taxes are $5. If you have a one-stop both way, the taxes will likely be $10 total. Still a wonderful deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.