Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:05 am

I got 100k from the last time they ran this. I cancelled the card around April of last year. I just got instant approval
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wyleeguy79
I got 100k from the last time they ran this. I cancelled the card around April of last year. I just got instant approval
Please tell us if you get bonus miles this time! Or not . . .
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by josephstern
Please tell us if you get bonus miles this time! Or not . . .
By the time the miles are posted, dependent on spend complete and statement close date, bonus period might be over... but good datapoint for next time? If there's a next time...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:12 am

I will, I don't think there will be a problem though. In the last couple of years I have churned through the Southwest, United, Continental, and BA cards and always gotten the miles.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:19 am

I will, I don't think there will be a problem though. In the last couple of years I have churned through the Southwest, United, Continental, and BA cards and always gotten the miles.
Whats your secret? That's not the norm. I'd like to churn UA.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Do you mean you have gotten the exact same card and points multiple times? B/c that is not the norm.

Or, by churn do you mean you have gone through each of the cards listed above once and continue to get more, but different, chase cards? Since your post count is low i just want to make sure you are not a newbie confusing the word churn.

I'd love to get this BA card twice. So please report back if you get the points on BA twice.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Just applied and got the "Decision Pending"

I just applied and got the CO Card in Feb (they made my transfer over part of my WN Visa credit line to get the CO and there was no credit pull.) so we'll see what they say. Of course since then I have also applied and was instantly approved for the AMEX Platinum and the US Airways MC.

I'm guessing they will want me to close the WN card which I am totally fine with since I never use it anymore at this point and I'm about due for the yearly renewal on it.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Nice Routing

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I'm in Buenos Aires now thanks to the first promo. As of Feb. there was no fuel surcharge on LAN. I was able to book then Mia-lim (stop)-ipc (Easter island stop)-scl-eze (stop)- lim-Mia for 80,000 miles and $150 for taxes and fees.

This was all in business class, correct? Do you know if there is a fuel surcharge now, for LAN flights booked with BA miles?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swat16
Whats your secret? That's not the norm. I'd like to churn UA.
There is no secret. They used to be highly churnable, but not anymore. I highly doubt you will get the miles this time around, and instead, will waste an inquiry and will receive a "sorry, but you had this card before" letter. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Upgraded to 100K

Just got my reply from Chase via secure message center...

They are happy to honor the 100K mile offer, instead of the 50K mile offer that I applied for about a week ago.

Whew! I thought I just had the worst timing ever.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by TennisPro
This was all in business class, correct? Do you know if there is a fuel surcharge now, for LAN flights booked with BA miles?
80k is business class from North America to South America with unlimited stops (as long as you are using direct routing). I priced several South America itineraries and taxes came out to $75 total for MIA-IPC in Lan coach and $105 for MIA-GRU in AA first (screen shots if interested).
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
(as long as you are using direct routing)
Could you please clarify?

BTW....love your blog, keep up the great work!

------------------------

Looking at the AA route map. Don't see too many flights with intermediate stops.

Last edited by pierre mclopez; Apr 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:46 pm

does anyone know if i'd be able to book an award ticket to europe in september using these miles? i'm not too familiar with booking award tickets and i don't know if i'd get the miles too late to be able to do this. thanks in advance!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:57 pm

I've also been previously approved for cards from Chase (CO), only to get a letter weeks after the card, notifying me that "bonus is for first time card-holders only, blah,blah,blah..."
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Tennis Pro: How did you contact Chase? I applied for the card under the 50,000 mile deal and don't have a decision yet. I'd like to try to do what you did.

Last edited by workandski; Apr 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm Reason: mistake in typing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.