Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:24 pm

Anyone got the recent capital1 venture visa and this both?

I recently got the capital1 venture visa (with the mileage match deal) with 3 hits to my credit report. Did anyone got the capital1 visa and this BA visa both?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I recently got the capital1 venture visa (with the mileage match deal) with 3 hits to my credit report. Did anyone got the capital1 visa and this BA visa both?
I got both Cap1 personal and Biz, as well as about 3 or 4 others in the past several weeks. Not the BA though since i've had it in the past. You will be fine as long as your credit is good.

Though i need to take a break for at least a few months now.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:51 pm

I got the pending message- I guess I will call in a few days and ask them to move around my account limits
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:00 pm

I have diligentally read through all these messages and still rather confused. Sorry, but I'm not young enough to keep up with all you brilliant tech types.

My question is - should I cancel my Chase/United Visa card (I've had it since last June) before applying for this BA/Chase card with the 100K offer? It is a fabulous offer for me because I have a very large bill to pay next month which would take care of the "$2,500 transaction" needed to be placed on the card in three months.

I have never had a BA card and my credit score is excellent.

Please advise - thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Crownhill
I have diligentally read through all these messages and still rather confused. Sorry, but I'm not young enough to keep up with all you brilliant tech types.

My question is - should I cancel my Chase/United Visa card (I've had it since last June) before applying for this BA/Chase card with the 100K offer? It is a fabulous offer for me because I have a very large bill to pay next month which would take care of the "$2,500 transaction" needed to be placed on the card in three months.

I have never had a BA card and my credit score is excellent.

Please advise - thank you.
Don't cancel the card. Feel free to apply with confidence!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:09 pm

+1
You could cancel your old chase card or lower their credit line if it is necessary when negotiating with the reconsideration agent. Hopefully you get instant approval without the negotiation.
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Don't cancel the card. Feel free to apply with confidence!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

For what it is worth- I applied and got the under review message. Never had a BA or chase card, have excellent credit, and have no recent cc applications. I'm very surprised it didn't go through right away.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

Is there a minimum credit limit you need for this account? I just got the Chase Hyatt within the last month or so and that had a requirement of 5k minimum that I transfered over from another account (also opened up the Chase Co a month before that, hence the negotiations). I want to apply for this, but don't have more than 2k I can transfer over, maybe 3500 max if I cancel my older cards and take some more from the Co card.

Hopefully no 5k requirement on this too.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Did anyone receive an email confirmation that their application had been submitted? I also go the analyst review but closed the browser. No record of applying.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Is there a minimum credit limit you need for this account? I just got the Chase Hyatt within the last month or so and that had a requirement of 5k minimum that I transfered over from another account (also opened up the Chase Co a month before that, hence the negotiations). I want to apply for this, but don't have more than 2k I can transfer over, maybe 3500 max if I cancel my older cards and take some more from the Co card.

Hopefully no 5k requirement on this too.
It is a visa signature card but I have received business visa signature card with a 1K limit. Unless someone else can confirm otherwise, I don't think there is any such minimum requirement.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
Did anyone receive an email confirmation that their application had been submitted? I also go the analyst review but closed the browser. No record of applying.
I didn't get an email from them after applying and getting the under review message.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 pm

Thanks. I am still contemplating ! So, if I get this card and the 100K miles, a return ticket to London on BA would cost 50K miles, plus around $550 taxes and fees plus the $95 for the credit card. Have I got it correct?

Wonder if I can get two tickets with the 100K ? Sorry about the silly question but I have to decide if this card is a good deal before it expires.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Andrewswright
I didn't get an email from them after applying and getting the under review message.
I didnt get any email either but I think that is always the case with chase
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:14 pm

Too many recent apps? Need advice.

I'm confused whether I should apply - I need your advice.

Here are my applications so far this year:
1) Feb end - US Airways 35k - Approved for 10k, canceled card.
2) Feb end - SW Chase Visa - 2 free round trips, Approved
3) Mid Mar - Capital One 100k, Approved.

I canceled a UA card (50k, Chase) after I was approved for the SW card. I have a 720+ credit score. Do you think I should apply?

Also - how much would I pay in fees if I intend to use the miles ONLY for domestic (AA) flights? Subject to availability, can I use it for 4 round trips?

Thanks, and good luck to everybody!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Crownhill
Thanks. I am still contemplating ! So, if I get this card and the 100K miles, a return ticket to London on BA would cost 50K miles, plus around $550 taxes and fees plus the $95 for the credit card. Have I got it correct?

Wonder if I can get two tickets with the 100K ? Sorry about the silly question but I have to decide if this card is a good deal before it expires.
I just priced out a JFK-LHR and taxes came to $498. So yes, you could get two roundtrip North America to London (or elsewhere in Western Europe) for $95 and spending $2,500 within 3 months.

Or you could get 1 roundtrip business class ticket for similar taxes/fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.