Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:17 am

Recent apps:

Citi AA - 10/10
Chase Hyatt - 2/11
Amex Plat - 3/11

Thoughts on approval for this one?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
The annual fee on the official pricing terms is $95. Longleaf- can you modify the OP?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:20 am

So the best practice, i.e. way to increase chances of being approved for this card is to leave existing unused Chase card account alone, then if not receiving instant approval, negotiate the transfer of credit line from old card to new card when talking with Chase phone rep?

We've got an unused Chase Freedom account with ~ $25k credit line that hasn't been used in years. Also another Chase account with similar CL that was closed, but still had a balance until recently was paid off.

In other words, we should NOT cancel/close any Chase accounts BEFORE applying for this BA card, right?

We did NOT do the BA 100k miles deal last time around, so we are first-timers for this bonus. But $95 annual fee gives me pause with news about huge fuel surcharges to Europe. Paying $400-450 per ticket round trip for fuel surcharge on a 'free' award ticket doesn't sound all that great to this newbie.

Confident of approval for me and spouse (credit scores are 760s-790s, with 1-2 hard pulls in last 6 months) but not sure I want to jump on this.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by Tailgater
This is a bombshell---equivalant to a total solar eclipse. I cancelled my Chase B/A card about 4 months ago. This will be a double bombshell if I can get a near back to back 100K miles BA Chase card! (I highly doubt it)
Chase is pretty restrictive on churning, the fact that you cancelled your previous BA card is irrelevant.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:21 am

To confirm, if you have had the Chase BA card (from the last promotion) at any time in the past, you are not eligible for this offer?

Cancelled mine in October, so just wanted to check.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
The annual fee on the official pricing terms is $95. Longleaf- can you modify the OP?
Done. The pricing & terms on their promo splash page says the annual fee is $75. But the pricing & terms on the actual application page is $95. I assume it is $95 too. Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Azurik
I already did this the 1st time around, but glad it's back. I'll probably get my parents in on this, but between signing them up for the Capital One 100k miles, Continental 50k miles, United 50k miles and SPG 30k points (along with other miscellaneous cards) this year, I'm not sure if they'll go crazy managing this promotion. Ahhh!
I know, my poor mom.... in recent months I have gotten her to sign up for the AA 75k promo (twice), the Capital One 100k, and the SPG 30k promo... I called her late last night on this one and she said she thinks she's going to pass. I hope she'll reconsider because in my eyes, this one is the big daddy!!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by stew3636
To confirm, if you have had the Chase BA card (from the last promotion) at any time in the past, you are not eligible for this offer?

Cancelled mine in October, so just wanted to check.
From the T&C on the application:
This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
So, it sounds pretty straightforward to me!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blase
I know, my poor mom.... in recent months I have gotten her to sign up for the AA 75k promo (twice), the Capital One 100k, and the SPG 30k promo... I called her late last night on this one and she said she thinks she's going to pass. I hope she'll reconsider because in my eyes, this one is the big daddy!!
What about yourself?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Smidget
Thank you. That makes complete sense. Is the rest of my post correct or am I off-base completely on how to make use of the miles?
Yup, you've got it. I just used 25000 BA miles on AA flights from Chicago to Vegas for this summer (over $400 so I consider that to be a good use of miles). Cost me the same as booking on AA - $5.00. So for domestic tickets, using BA miles on AA is a good value.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
What about yourself?
I got them all too. My husband and I both signed up for the BA 100k offer when it was last offered, which sort of triggered a bunch of credit card sign ups for us in the past year. These offers have been too good to pass up!!!

I cancelled my BA card in January but we still use his as we are trying to get another 2-4-1 certificate after $30k in spend!!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got them all too. My husband and I both signed up for the BA 100k offer when it was last offered, which sort of triggered a bunch of credit card sign ups for us in the past year. These offers have been too good to pass up!!!

I cancelled my BA card in January but we still use his as we are trying to get another 2-4-1 certificate after $30k in spend!!
Nice!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
I have over 65 people in a group e-mail list that want me to write an e-mail describing this offer and how to benefit from it. Since there isn't a referral fee in place with Chase directly, does anyone recommend an affiliate program to join so I can include a personal link in these e-mails?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:41 am

Yup, you've got it. I just used 25000 BA miles on AA flights from Chicago to Vegas for this summer (over $400 so I consider that to be a good use of miles). Cost me the same as booking on AA - $5.00. So for domestic tickets, using BA miles on AA is a good value.
Right, and I found on my trip booked to Costa Rica, that there is no penalty using the BA miles if booking within 21 days, unlike AA which would have charged me. So BA is better than AA miles for AA travel in that regard.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:45 am

wait 10 days? no instant approval

I applied and got a message back saying they were processing and would get back to me within 10 days.

Does that suggest a possible issue, or do they just not provide immediate approval?

I have two other Chase cards, UA from mid January 2011 and CO from May 2010. I have mid to high 700s credit scores and no issues--haven't had the card before and haven't churned. I had seen the posts advising waiting 6 months between cards with Chase and other posts saying that was not necessary....

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.