Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Arrow Essential reading

For those new to BA and the Executive Club and planning to take advantage of this offer, the thread below is essential reading in conjunction with the rest of the BA Forum Dashboard.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...=clinic+thread
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
For those who were told with too many inquiries, how many inquiries do you have?

And also, anyone know where Chase pulls from in upstate NY? I checked out CB but seems to vary in NYS. My last Chase card was over 2 years ago... Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Just applied, already have 4 Chase cards, previous 2 cards were CO card and Hyatt card. For Hyatt, had to close out Freedom card.

Under review for BA card. We will see if they can close my CO card
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
Just applied, already have 4 Chase cards, previous 2 cards were CO card and Hyatt card. For Hyatt, had to close out Freedom card.

Under review for BA card. We will see if they can close my CO card
When was your last Chase application? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by learningtime
When was your last Chase application? Thanks in advance.
My first charge on my Hyatt card was 9/17/2010 so 6 months ago would be my guess
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:29 pm

I was just instantly approved. I used my login from my Chase checking account to pre-fill the application...I think that might have helped. Thought I'd post my result.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
My first charge on my Hyatt card was 9/17/2010 so 6 months ago would be my guess
Thanks. So the apparent 6 month rule might get in my way (for my parents). I just got them the Continental 50K card a couple of months back. Ah, choices!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by adamhoolhorst
I was just instantly approved. I used my login from my Chase checking account to pre-fill the application...I think that might have helped. Thought I'd post my result.
Yes, that's what I did, -- it certainly made completing the app simpler, & more efficient for Chase to retrieve/match the customer info. since it's already in their system!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Well I finally signed up again. I guess we'll find out if they will let me churn the card since I'm already an existing cardholder.

I got the pending message. I'll let you know if I get approved. *Crossing fingers*
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Well I finally signed up again. I guess we'll find out if they will let me churn the card since I'm already an existing cardholder.

I got the pending message. I'll let you know if I get approved. *Crossing fingers*
So you have a current BA card from the last 100K promotion and you applied again? Typically, you would have had to cancel at some point in order to apply again and then the question would be whether or not you get the 100K again. Thanks for the datapoint. Hope you get it.

Last edited by learningtime; Apr 6, 2011 at 4:00 pm
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:58 pm

Combine BA and AA deals for up to 250,000 miles?

Hey guys, doesn't seem like anyone here has mentioned this yet, but you redeem BA miles on any AA flights now, domestic and trans-atlantic (plus any other OneWorld partners).

This means that you can still sign up for the Citi AAdvantage 75,000 bonus mile offer (maybe even twice - Visa & Amex), and combine those miles with the BA 100k deal, for a combined total of 175k miles (or 250k).

For details, here's our thoughts on it:
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/2011/...onus-oneworld/

It's a shame they didn't roll this out a few months ago, before CapOne ended the "Match My Miles" program.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Well, as expected I was declined. I called the CSR and was told that I was declined because I already have an existing BA card. I asked if I could cancel or upgrade my existing BA card to take advantage of the offer, but the rep said that I would still be ineligible for the 100,000 miles because it's only for first time BA Credit card applications. I was also told that no credit check was done and I was declined right away based on their internal query of my open accounts.

*SIGH* I tried. Hopefully someone else will have better luck in churning this great offer!

Good luck, everyone!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: CO Plat
I was told that your application is being analyzed by our analysts and a decision will be made in 10 days. What should i expect? I have 2 other chase cards (CO and UA). Should I call them before any decision is made?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Once the 100K miles are posted into my account, can I transfer all the 100K miles to either AA or Cathay Pacific?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kay_jay
Once the 100K miles are posted into my account, can I transfer all the 100K miles to either AA or Cathay Pacific?
Nope, you can't do transfers from one airline to another except between UA and CO. You can redeem BA miles on AA or CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.