Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by longleaf
Going through london will ding you with extra fees
and better check the fuel surcharge (YQ) to Europe. Could be a deal killer.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:59 am

awesome promotion, I already have one and I used my miles to get a free upgrade to club world from ORD to DEL, with free companion ticket. My surcharges were almost $2000 (I had an infant as well, so that added a bit to the fees). I just applied for this one for my wife so that in the future we can each take one of our children for free with the companion tickets...

Does anyone know if they would ever change the companion ticket promo in the future? It would be a shame to accumulate miles over so many years and then they change the program on us...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:15 pm

I applied for several cards recently (Chase SW - end Feb), Capital One (Mar), so I'm thinking I'll wait till the first week of May since this offer is valid till May 5 or 6. Do you think that is safe, or should I apply right now? Did the offer last till the last day mentioned in the offer the last time it was around? Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:38 pm

I was thinking of applying for the CO card and then this came out. I'm thinking that the CO card will go away forever, but the BA 100k promo might come back again in the future, as it has done a few times by now. Any ideas?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:26 pm
inY

Redirect Loop

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Is anyone else having problem with the Apply link? I have tried two different browsers and two different computers and the error message I receive says the following: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." IE simply does not load the application page...Anyone else with these issues?
I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. This always happens with the default link. Changing to applynowdc2 will make the application load, but if I enter my Chase user name and password for the pre-fill, it will go into a redirect loop again.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:50 pm

Was successfully in applying after a couple of redirects but got the message saying that somebody would look into the case....:-(
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
I applied for several cards recently (Chase SW - end Feb), Capital One (Mar), so I'm thinking I'll wait till the first week of May since this offer is valid till May 5 or 6. Do you think that is safe, or should I apply right now? Did the offer last till the last day mentioned in the offer the last time it was around? Thanks!
Same plan here but I worry that if I get denied and have to ask for reconsideration, it might happen after deadline. Would I still get the promo I applied under?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to book an award flight on BA.com through a one world partner? I'm trying to find a MSP-LHR award ticket on AA metal but booking using BA miles. AA.com shows plenty of availability but BA.com gives me no dates whatsoever.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Ha. Got the "We're reviewing your application" notice. Hopefully it works out, but I doubt it! I've already got two CCs with Chase; so perhaps I owe them a phone call to move credit lines around.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:55 pm

I jumped on this deal the last time around and got cards for both the wife and I. Our 200k miles all went to AA and we got tickets to San Francisco as well as Disneyworld for our family of 4. This was my first airline deal so I was pretty happy to get maybe $2,500 worth of airline tickets for nothing.

I'd love to do it again, but I see that others in the same boat are getting denied. If that's the case, will they simply not approve you for the card? Or will they give you the card and then not give you the miles once you start using it?

Last edited by GBillings; Apr 9, 2011 at 11:26 pm
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to book an award flight on BA.com through a one world partner? I'm trying to find a MSP-LHR award ticket on AA metal but booking using BA miles. AA.com shows plenty of availability but BA.com gives me no dates whatsoever.
BA.com does struggle with itineraries involving connecting flights on partner carriers. The tip is to search for availability of individual sectors then once you have your ducks nicely lined up, call your BAEC service centre to book the redemption ticket. Make sure you have your credit card at the ready
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:57 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the page to check fuel/tax fees that you will be charged when you redeem these miles? Pretty much the same question as greenythebeast.

Where do I check how many miles each trip would cost? Kinda like this if you are using AA...

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...n.jsp?from=Nav

Do you guys know if the fees are the same for redeeming BA miles on AA? (Same as redeeming AA miles on AA that is..)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by inY
I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. This always happens with the default link. Changing to applynowdc2 will make the application load, but if I enter my Chase user name and password for the pre-fill, it will go into a redirect loop again.
I'm not having luck either. Tried both applynowdc1 and dc2...all three browsers, no luck. Are other people able to apply today? I want to jump on this if I can for my gf!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
Ha. Got the "We're reviewing your application" notice. Hopefully it works out, but I doubt it! I've already got two CCs with Chase; so perhaps I owe them a phone call to move credit lines around.
I'm giving them a few days but this is my plan of action since I'm in the same boat. I had to do this last time around to get the CO card, I had to shift some of my credit line for my WN card over.

Chase seems to be stingy with credit lines, since I got the CO card I had instant approval for the Amex Platinum and the US Air card. (I'm also hoping just getting those 2 cards won't cause issues with getting this BA card.)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bamin
I have a chase sapphire card. Will this affect my getting a BA chase card? Can I upgrade the saphire to BA with the same 100K deal? TIA
The 100k deal is very specific to applying from scracth for this specific card (BA EC Chase Visa). It is not available for any other BA card from another bank, nor is it available for any other card from Chase, nor are sign-up deals ever available for switching from one type of card to another (like Sapphire to BA EC in this case). Sign-up deals are only available for sign-ups from scratch (this is true of every bank), with the slight exception sometimes that if you already signed up for the very same card under a different (worse) offer very recently, maybe they will let you change sign-up offers slightly after the fact. (In the case Chase, "slightly" might mean at most 60 days.)

On the other hand, you definitely can apply for multiple cards from Chase if they are different cards, and Chase considers Sapphire a totally different card. (Again, it's irrelevant to the card type that it uses a program that lets you redeem for BA miles. You don't earn BA miles, you just earn something that can be redeemed for them.) So you should be able to apply for this BA EC Chase Visa, with your having he Sapphire already not being a factor.

Factors can include how recently you applied for your most previous Chase card, how many Chase cards you have, how many cards you have applied for in the past 6 months from anyone, your credit score, etc. But whether your other Chase card is Sapphire or not is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.