Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I suppose this wouldn't be available to QFF members then?
No, but you could become a BA member earn the miles thru this promo and redeem on QF.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by booyaa
Gah...Chase pulled both Transunion and Experian for me in upstate NY. No more apps for me for a while...
Hmmm... wondering what they pulled on mine. I did get approved though.
Who you using to monitor credit pulls?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, GoldPointsplus Gold, QF Platinum, Flying Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I suppose this wouldn't be available to QFF members then?

No, but you could become a BA member earn the miles thru this promo and redeem on QF.

Uhhhh, nope, you have to live in the USA. These kind of bonusses we can only dream of in Europe or Australia, you are lucky if you get 5000 points outside of the USA for signing up for a card! We have to earn mileage the hard way......
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
Hmmm... wondering what they pulled on mine. I did get approved though.
Who you using to monitor credit pulls?
I use TrueCredit for $9.95+tax a month. I can get daily updates on Transunion, but not other 2, other 2 only monthly. But then I was denied for C1 business last month, so I've been using my right and getting "free" reports on Experian and Equifax.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:28 pm

No matter what i do i can't get it to work. I used Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

all the links that were posted in the last 2 page of the thread..

any help?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, HHonors Gold
Two Questions...

First Off, I <3 these offers!

1. Is 100K BA Miles basically TWO ROUND-TRIP tickets in Y from ORD-LHR for free + taxes/airport fees + fuel surcharge?

2. Can I put my son's Executive Club # on the application since I want him to use them this summer?

2A. If the answer to #2 is NO, can I buy the two tickets for him and his girlfriend using the miles?

Thanks in advance FT!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by TataTata07
First Off, I <3 these offers!

1. Is 100K BA Miles basically TWO ROUND-TRIP tickets in Y from ORD-LHR for free + taxes/airport fees + fuel surcharge?

2. Can I put my son's Executive Club # on the application since I want him to use them this summer?

2A. If the answer to #2 is NO, can I buy the two tickets for him and his girlfriend using the miles?

Thanks in advance FT!
1) yes, but be aware taxes fees can be upwards of $500 per ticket for coach travel ORD-LHR.
2) no
3) yes- you can book tickets for whoever you want using your miles.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:55 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
luv2buynfly - see this thread I just made for credit reports/scores

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...t-reports.html
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:01 am

I have a dormant SLATE Visa Card from Chase and wonder if I could transfer the credit to a new BA card (and earn the 100K miles). I already sent Chase an email but haven't heard back. Anyone tried something like this before?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I have a dormant SLATE Visa Card from Chase and wonder if I could transfer the credit to a new BA card (and earn the 100K miles). I already sent Chase an email but haven't heard back. Anyone tried something like this before?
I doubt that would work, generally these bonuses are awarded for new accounts only. YMMV.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I'd try to apply new to BA and if you aren't approved, then call them like others have and negotiate to move your Slate credit line moved to BA so you can get the bonus.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Like UA Fan said these are usually for new accounts only. If they say no you can still apply for the card and if they give you a hard time offer to close the SLATE card and move that credit line over to the new BA card. A lot of people have done this with Chase.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:58 am

Getting the WELCOME TO BA with the pin number mean anything?

I haven't heard anything on the cc approval but did get the email with welcome to BA and second email with PIN number.

Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:59 am

For anyone interested, I just wrote a post with screenshots of 23 sample Oneworld awards using BA miles, so you can get a sense of the miles and fees required.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:35 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
For anyone interested, I just wrote a post with screenshots of 23 sample Oneworld awards using BA miles, so you can get a sense of the miles and fees required.
I think what you do is really great and priceless for people just starting off.

thank you for ur blog and also gomiles.com i manage so many of family account that helps me and i wouldn't have found it if not for your blog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.