[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:24 pm

Hi all,

I was declined for the CO card in Feb, but my credit is above 700 with 3 inquiries on Experian and 2 on Equifax (Chase sometimes pulls Equifax for my region) in the past 6 months, do I stand a chance? Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by lichenlt
Hi all,

I was declined for the CO card in Feb, but my credit is above 700 with 3 inquiries on Experian and 2 on Equifax (Chase sometimes pulls Equifax for my region) in the past 6 months, do I stand a chance? Thanks.
What was the reason for denial?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
I think this is a really good promo! Probably the best I have ever seen from BA!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by flightjunk
I think this is a really good promo! Probably the best I have ever seen from BA!
It's not quite as good of an offer as the late 2009 promo ($2k spend rather than $2.5k spend; $75 annual fee vs. $95 annual fee), but it gives those who missed the previous promo another chance to participate.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
It's not quite as good of an offer as the late 2009 promo ($2k spend rather than $2.5k spend; $75 annual fee vs. $95 annual fee), but it gives those who missed the previous promo another chance to participate.
I think 2009 required 3K spend.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Now We Know

Originally Posted by nanirina
I have gotten a response from Chase stating that my account is slightly over 60 days and thus would not be matched with the 100k miles offer. Sucks for me! But at least we have an official answer that the match period is 60 days.
That blows. Sorry to here that, nanirina. Thanks for reporting back. At least we now know what Chase internal policy guideline is for matching.

On the bright side, I have a feeling we're gonna get some more blockbuster offers this summer. That feeling is based on nothing, other than the fact that 100K seems to be the new bar, for a big rollout (CapitalOne Venture, Chase British Airways). And it probably takes at least 50K or 75K, to get attention (Amex Plat, Citi AA).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nanirina
I have gotten a response from Chase stating that my account is slightly over 60 days and thus would not be matched with the 100k miles offer. Sucks for me! But at least we have an official answer that the match period is 60 days.
That must be why my mom got rejected.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by lichenlt
Hi all,

Have you received any other offers, especially pre-approved offers, from Chase since then?

I take offers after a decline, as a sign that they are ready to do more biz with you, although the different cards have different requirements and screens.

If I were you, I would wait until it has been 60 days (or 62 days to be safe) from your February application for the CO card, then apply for this Chase BA card.

And whatever the reason they gave you for decline in February, see if you can mitigate it in the meantime. For instance, if too high balances, pay them off. If too many inquiries, wait until at least one ages off (obviously you only have until the offer ends to apply, scheduled to end May 6th, but Chase could end it early, or extend it).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by robbiesam
If I applied and got processing which is the better number to call?

Neither of those. Best number for that purpose is:

Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application Status)
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
i applied for chase southwest card about 60 days ago. from what i remember when i asked this question last year is that chase is ok with applications once every 30 days if you are accepted, if you are declined you need to wait 60-90...does this sound right?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes
I am interested in this, however, I wondered if any of you know when the clock starts on the 3-month "spend" window? Accepted application date or when you receive/activate the card? I'm wondering because we have a trip planned for July 2nd-July 10th and we could make at least half of our spend through those charges. Those dates, of course, are three months away and some charges take a couple days to clear. I might delay applying for a week depending the rules.
I believe the clock starts on date of approval, which is sometimes the date of application or the day after, if instantly approved.

So, wait until April 14th to apply, to make sure you get all your trip spend counted.

Or, use amazon payments, or no-fee amex gift cards, or coins, to accelerate your spend. Just do a search on any of those topics if interested in advancing your spending.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by koctail
i applied for chase southwest card about 60 days ago. from what i remember when i asked this question last year is that chase is ok with applications once every 30 days if you are accepted, if you are declined you need to wait 60-90...does this sound right?
That is my understanding also.

One application every 30 days, if accepted.

Wait 60 days if declined (or 90 days to be safe).

Please report back your results if you get a chance, so we have more current data.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TennisPro
That is my understanding also.

One application every 30 days, if accepted.

Wait 60 days if declined (or 90 days to be safe).

Please report back your results if you get a chance, so we have more current data.
Some ppl says its 6 months.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I think 2009 required 3K spend.
Not according to the announcement made in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...hase-visa.html
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:15 pm

Is this just a US thing or can you apply if you live in the UK?

whirls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.