[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You may have inadvertently created a lot of unnecessary grief for many readers....
I've been pretty peeved for the last 50 minutes... Not because OP used the wrong link, but because I have yet to verify my promo. Hopefully will get the cards tonight.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:34 pm

Sorry if I aggrevate more people by asking a question that may have been answered before...But 503 pages is a bit much to read.

Did anyone that got "need further processing" at Step 3 for personal Visa eventually get a card? Did you get a decision email (if so, after how many days), did you have to call CSR to follow up, or an additional verification form or or the actual card just show up in your mailbox? I completed Step 4 anyways and asked to be notified by email. I was hoping I'd get an email like "got your application, this is your case#" or something like that but nothing. Foolishly I didn't print the page after completion so no reference to call CSR by. I'm wondering how long I should wait. I don't want to make another attempt while I still have an open application out there, but want to make sure it didn't fall into a black hole.

To be honest I'm miffed I didn't get instant approval. Is this common with Citi? I got a high FICO, only two credit cards with no unpaid balances, a decent household income and no previous Citi cards. Don't know what set a red flag - maybe my name change from recent marriage?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by msc75
Sorry if I aggrevate more people by asking a question that may have been answered before...But 503 pages is a bit much to read.

Did anyone that got "need further processing" at Step 3 for personal Visa eventually get a card? Did you get a decision email (if so, after how many days), did you have to call CSR to follow up, or an additional verification form or or the actual card just show up in your mailbox? I completed Step 4 anyways and asked to be notified by email. I was hoping I'd get an email like "got your application, this is your case#" or something like that but nothing. Foolishly I didn't print the page after completion so no reference to call CSR by. I'm wondering how long I should wait. I don't want to make another attempt while I still have an open application out there, but want to make sure it didn't fall into a black hole.

To be honest I'm miffed I didn't get instant approval. Is this common with Citi? I got a high FICO, only two credit cards with no unpaid balances, a decent household income and no previous Citi cards. Don't know what set a red flag - maybe my name change from recent marriage?
Short answer, yes, people have been approved after a step 3 stop. It seems to be more likely that a step 3 stop signals an eventual denial.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Infinion
Safari and firefox, probably other browsers have a private setting. CTRL + SHIFT + P works for both of those I think, or find it in the menus. It effectively does no forward cookie information, history, among other things. So, if you open a new incognito window to apply, you don't have to clear your previous cookies.
This is a great thing to know. I didn't want to clear my cookies and this is a great work around for opening an incognito window .
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:44 pm

So applied for both the Visa Personal and Amex Personal this morning with two different browsers and submitted at one after the other. My Credit Karma score is 740 and was not instantly approved for either. I got to the Step 3 page and could continue to select some account features. I just closed the window.

I called the number in post 2 but they could not help me without an application ID.

This is the first time I'm applying and have only 4 other credit cards to my name. I have no other debt and my average credit age is 7 years. I'm surprised that I didn't even get one instant approval.

After having read through many posts, I understand that this is probably an indication of being denied.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get Citi to reconsider my apps if I do indeed get denied on both? I haven't a clue on what other premises they would deny my application.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by c0ldlimit
So applied for both the Visa Personal and Amex Personal this morning with two different browsers and submitted at one after the other. My Credit Karma score is 740 and was not instantly approved for either. I got to the Step 3 page and could continue to select some account features. I just closed the window.

I called the number in post 2 but they could not help me without an application ID.

This is the first time I'm applying and have only 4 other credit cards to my name. I have no other debt and my average credit age is 7 years. I'm surprised that I didn't even get one instant approval.

After having read through many posts, I understand that this is probably an indication of being denied.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get Citi to reconsider my apps if I do indeed get denied on both? I haven't a clue on what other premises they would deny my application.
If you were allowed to set account features, you will probably be approved after a couple days. They may or may not send you an email. The card might just show up in a week or so. I wouldn't worry about it unless you get a rejection in the mail.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:37 pm

deleted

Last edited by sadd; Jul 28, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:40 pm

deleted

Last edited by sadd; Jul 28, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
You do NOT have to close your current card. I was approved for a second Citi personal AA card with my old Citi personal AA card open and with my Citi business card open.
has anybody else have this scenario . just asking bec i have read reports where ppl converted their current card 1st b4 reapplying

thanx
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:02 pm

I have the Citi AA Amex, opened late last year sometime - applied for the Citi AA Visa last week and got denied due to "Receiving Citi Bonus Offers" in the past. Is it worth anything to call and speak with a CSR, maybe closing my current card/threatening to close my current card.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:09 pm

Reconsideration because offer is no longer valid?

Ok, a bit odd of a situation but I'm hoping some of the old veterans who have already helped me so much could once again lend their advice.

I applied for both the personal Visa and personal AmEx back when the $1,500 spend was available for both. This was maybe two months ago. I got denied for both due to a collection on my credit. I then went and got the collection deleted from my credit and sent my new credit report, with a score of 770, to Citi.

I got an approval email for the Visa today but received a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my application for the AmEx could not be processed because they were no longer running that offer. That is because I originally applied for the $1,500 AmEx spend when it was valid.

So, first and foremost, I want the second batch of 75,000 miles from the AmEx. I'd prefer the $1,500 spend to the $4,000, but it isn't a dealbreaker.

What is the best way to go about this? Call a CSR and complain that I applied when the offer was valid? Ask them to reconsider me for the $4,000 spend? It is a bit difficult since the $4,000 is expired but still works.

Also, I have not yet received the Visa card or activated it. Do you think that if I get approved for the AmEx after calling and dealing with the above situation that I"ll get the miles? Or will I be denied the miles for the reason of "not a first time cardholder"?

I know there is not "right" answer, but any help from others who had similar situations, or just opinions on it, would be great!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL GM
Citi has been giving me a lot of heat recently over my Visa personal.
First I got a random call telling me to call them back about some "disputed charges" I made, including one from the mint. I never disputed any charges or opened up any disputes, so I don't know how that happened. Naturally I was peeved/worried. I called yesterday to make it clear I NEVER initiated any disputes and wanted them cancelled, they didn't know why they were in dispute status and cancelled them out.

Today I get a letter telling me thanks for calling them, now my "account is under thorough review." What the heck does this mean?

Through my limited contact with them, Citi seems grossly incompetent compared to Chase or AMEX CSRs.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Through my limited contact with them, Citi seems grossly incompetent compared to Chase or AMEX CSRs.
Many have come to the same conclusion for many different reasons.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by civico
Ok, a bit odd of a situation but I'm hoping some of the old veterans who have already helped me so much could once again lend their advice.

I applied for both the personal Visa and personal AmEx back when the $1,500 spend was available for both. This was maybe two months ago. I got denied for both due to a collection on my credit. I then went and got the collection deleted from my credit and sent my new credit report, with a score of 770, to Citi.

I got an approval email for the Visa today but received a letter in the mail yesterday saying that my application for the AmEx could not be processed because they were no longer running that offer. That is because I originally applied for the $1,500 AmEx spend when it was valid.

So, first and foremost, I want the second batch of 75,000 miles from the AmEx. I'd prefer the $1,500 spend to the $4,000, but it isn't a dealbreaker.

What is the best way to go about this? Call a CSR and complain that I applied when the offer was valid? Ask them to reconsider me for the $4,000 spend? It is a bit difficult since the $4,000 is expired but still works.

Also, I have not yet received the Visa card or activated it. Do you think that if I get approved for the AmEx after calling and dealing with the above situation that I"ll get the miles? Or will I be denied the miles for the reason of "not a first time cardholder"?

I know there is not "right" answer, but any help from others who had similar situations, or just opinions on it, would be great!
I strongly suggest that you don't call them and argue the point. You don't have a case. You applied under an expired link that has no offer splash page showing you how many miles you'll get. About the only result you're going to get is to have some supervisor from Citi wondering why these links still work and shoot off an email to someone to shut off the 75K offers.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 5:41 am

I just confirmed the last two $4000 spend links work. My wife was approved for both. We goofed and clicked both down in the bottom. I think we can pull off $8000. Follow instructions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.