FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:48 pm
Infinion

Originally Posted by msc75
Sorry if I aggrevate more people by asking a question that may have been answered before...But 503 pages is a bit much to read.

Did anyone that got "need further processing" at Step 3 for personal Visa eventually get a card? Did you get a decision email (if so, after how many days), did you have to call CSR to follow up, or an additional verification form or or the actual card just show up in your mailbox? I completed Step 4 anyways and asked to be notified by email. I was hoping I'd get an email like "got your application, this is your case#" or something like that but nothing. Foolishly I didn't print the page after completion so no reference to call CSR by. I'm wondering how long I should wait. I don't want to make another attempt while I still have an open application out there, but want to make sure it didn't fall into a black hole.

To be honest I'm miffed I didn't get instant approval. Is this common with Citi? I got a high FICO, only two credit cards with no unpaid balances, a decent household income and no previous Citi cards. Don't know what set a red flag - maybe my name change from recent marriage?
Short answer, yes, people have been approved after a step 3 stop. It seems to be more likely that a step 3 stop signals an eventual denial.