[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by olpii
Yea I signed up just like post # 2 described. I only signed for visa personal and for visa business. I got instant approval for personal and had to wait for business card for a decision.

What should I ask the CSR if I call again.
Well then, you didn't follow post 2, so how else did you deviate from post 2's instructions?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:26 am

what is a " incognito window when applying?

understand about the billing --amazing how much more gets done when he is out
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
what is a " incognito window when applying?

understand about the billing --amazing how much more gets done when he is out
Safari and firefox, probably other browsers have a private setting. CTRL + SHIFT + P works for both of those I think, or find it in the menus. It effectively does no forward cookie information, history, among other things. So, if you open a new incognito window to apply, you don't have to clear your previous cookies.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:31 am

I just called to activate me citi persoanl visa and the csr told me that I was only signed up for the spend $750 for 30k miles.

Should I call againg and double check or is this offer not valid?
30k bonus with $750 spend over 4 months is the current public offer for the citi aadvantage platinum select/ visa signature card. So, are you sure you used the links in post two and cleared your cookies before you went there?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Infinion
30k bonus with $750 spend over 4 months is the current public offer for the citi aadvantage platinum select/ visa signature card. So, are you sure you used the links in post two and cleared your cookies before you went there?
Yes, I used Chrome under incognito and used the links as in post #2.

But I am still in the $750 for 30k
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:38 am

Well that sucks then. What date did you apply on? We'll need to track the dates so we know if the offer is dead if others report the same trouble. Still, its an easy 30k.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:39 am

BTW, I'd go ahead and put $1500 on it and see what happens. Try to get a CSR to confirm the $1500 spend for 75k though still. Maybe they just gave you information on the current best offer out of habit. One could hope.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:39 am

Well that sucks then. What date did you apply on? We'll need to track the dates so we know if the offer is dead if others report the same trouble. Still, its an easy 30k.
I applied on the 22nd
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:43 am

I applied on the 22nd
Thanks, I applied on the 20th, but haven't activated yet to find out. I'll post when I know.

Did anyone else apply on or around the 22nd, or better yet, more recently? I doubt you'd have the card yet though if it was more recent than that.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:46 am

Thanks, I applied on the 20th, but haven't activated yet to find out. I'll post when I know.

Did anyone else apply on or around the 22nd, or better yet, more recently? I doubt you'd have the card yet though if it was more recent than that.
I got the card today.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 am

I think I might have not used the links from post #2. Maybe thats the reason, Im such an idiot. But I will have my wife try with the links.

However one link seems to give me an error, the first that says:
75k, Citi Visa EXPIRED, WORKING

NOt sure which links to use. I just need the persoanl visa.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 pm

I think I might have not used the links from post #2. Maybe thats the reason, Im such an idiot. But I will have my wife try with the links.

Yes, that would certainly be the reason if true. The first link is still working. Try another browser, clearing your cookies, or using an incognito window. Also, just try the link a couple times, sometimes they stop working for a very short period of time, then come right back.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:03 pm

Safari and firefox, probably other browsers have a private setting. CTRL + SHIFT + P works for both of those I think, or find it in the menus. It effectively does no forward cookie information, history, among other things. So, if you open a new incognito window to apply, you don't have to clear your previous cookies.

understand -- I always called it "in private" --incognito sounds better-tks
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: No preference
Yea I signed up just like post # 2 described.
I think I might have not used the links from post #2. Maybe thats the reason, Im such an idiot.
I'm sorry, but this cracked me up!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may have inadvertently created a lot of unnecessary grief for many readers....

Try to refresh the link - it seems there is often time-out or system error on Citi server(s) stored the application links.

The error messages have been reported multiple times and how it eventually still works. Read back 4 - 5 pages you would have seen multiple posts on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.