Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:09 pm
Original Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by astrogator
Applied for the Visa Business $1.5K spend tonight for both myself and wife, pending review on both. We both got the two personal cards in the fall. Notice at end said to call them to finish the application and gave a number and application id to expedite process. Should I call or wait a bit to see if I get approved anyway? I just cancelled CO card on both accounts, should have freed up $12K in credit line.
Applied for Visa Business card last saturday for my husband and myself (Legit Business with tax ID). Got notice, like you, to finish application and it gave an application ID and phone #. We called seperately and all they wanted was ID # and some basic info that that on the application. They asked my husband if he was the the owner of the business and he said yes. After a short time on hold, was instantly approved for both. Really no big deal.
They close around noon on Saturday (Central Time I think), otherwise you will have to wait until Monday. Since your notice said to call, I would call. Then you will know.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wonderer
Applied for Visa Business card last saturday for my husband and myself (Legit Business with tax ID). Got notice, like you, to finish application and it gave an application ID and phone #. We called seperately and all they wanted was ID # and some basic info that that on the application. They asked my husband if he was the the owner of the business and he said yes. After a short time on hold, was instantly approved for both. Really no big deal.
They close around noon on Saturday (Central Time I think), otherwise you will have to wait until Monday. Since your notice said to call, I would call. Then you will know.
I just applied after getting the personal cards 3 months ago. Called in, they asked a few things basically already stated on my app, said they'll see if they can approve but ended up saying "further review" needed. A couple days later got a message asking for utility and bank statements. My only business is consulting/locums work so I just sent in my home statements Friday. We'll see if that flies.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Just wanted to let everyone know that wife and I got the 100K miles AA card last fall, where you get 50K right away, then spend 10K within a year, and get another 50K miles.

Well my wife called to cancel card since aniversary is in 2 months and she doesn't want to pay annual fee and Rep told her that they would credit her account $85 for the fee and also give her 1K bonus miles for every 1K spend per month. They said she must spend 1K each month to get the 1K bonus and that offer is good for 16 billing cycles...
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:03 pm

I'm new. I want to apply for the 75K AA card. What do you mean "does not have a usable offer"?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by canesfan
Just wanted to let everyone know that wife and I got the 100K miles AA card last fall, where you get 50K right away, then spend 10K within a year, and get another 50K miles.

Well my wife called to cancel card since aniversary is in 2 months and she doesn't want to pay annual fee and Rep told her that they would credit her account $85 for the fee and also give her 1K bonus miles for every 1K spend per month. They said she must spend 1K each month to get the 1K bonus and that offer is good for 16 billing cycles...
That's the best retention I have heard of.

Originally Posted by rebeccabird135
I'm new. I want to apply for the 75K AA card. What do you mean "does not have a usable offer"?
When the deal first came out, they had an offer/promo page like you would see in an email. In the page was the description of the offer (what I have put below the links in post #2) and links to each type of card. Since there is no longer a working promo page, there is no reference from Citi as to the offer you are signing up for. But as long as the application links are still working, you will get the offer that the links were associated with.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by rebeccabird135
Hi Rebeccabird135. Welcome to Flyer Talk and congratulations on reading post #2 all the way to the end.

Or almost to the end-the full sentence is "does not have a usuable offer page". This means that the links in post#2 allow you to apply for the cards indicated but there's nowhere in the process of applying where the bonus miles are stated. Typically when you apply for a card, there is a listing of the bonuses, along with other card features. However for these cards, the bonuses are not shown. However, as a quick reading of the latest 5-10 pages of this thread reveal, the bonuses are being credited.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Just applied for both cards and received instant approval on both! Thank you Elusive and jcmitchell21 for the tips! ^

Now let's just hope that I get the miles.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I applied for both the personal visa and personal Amex last Sunday and the they came in the mail today (saturday).Only 6 day turn around.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:15 am

I got denied for one of the cards and sent an appeal letter to the address in post 2. I have since decided that I do not want the card. If they do approve me, am I locked into anything? Will that take away my first time card holder status?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by nov11
Just applied for both cards and received instant approval on both! Thank you Elusive and jcmitchell21 for the tips! ^

Now let's just hope that I get the miles.
Did you confirm by calling or just hoping for the best that you will get 75k miles
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by maulah
Did you confirm by calling or just hoping for the best that you will get 75k miles
I was approved on Friday for both, but did not call.

How can I get the terms and conditions in writing? Will this come in the mail with the card? I keep the terms and conditions for all of my cards, so I would like to get this...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
I was approved on Friday for both, but did not call.

How can I get the terms and conditions in writing? Will this come in the mail with the card? I keep the terms and conditions for all of my cards, so I would like to get this...
They'll come with the card.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:39 pm

citi business

got pending for the citi business card, sent in bank statements, but they told me the bank statement doesnt say it's a business account. now they want me to send in business license or fed tax ID which i dont have.
any suggestions on what i could send to citi, i used my name as the business name.

thx
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by zaxon
got pending for the citi business card, sent in bank statements, but they told me the bank statement doesnt say it's a business account. now they want me to send in business license or fed tax ID which i dont have.
any suggestions on what i could send to citi, i used my name as the business name.

thx
try utility bills, landline phone bills, etc ... just because they request something doesn't mean they won't accept you if you send an alternative.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
My situation, which hasn't been addressed in the last several pages:
  • Long time holder (over a decade) and still current holder of the personal Visa.
  • Got the business Visa last year but recently canceled it.

Applied today for the personal Amex. Got a popup to chat to discuss application status. They asked for a cell phone number, then came back and asked if $5K credit limit was enough, or if I wanted to move some of the credit line over from my Visa. I said it was enough, they said I'd have my new card within a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.