[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:08 am

Data point, but not very interesting:

Applied 21/7/2011 for visa personal $1500 and Amex personal 4000. Visa instant approval. Amex stopped on step 3, and wouldn't let me go past to step 4. I got an approval email for both the following day.

Received cards on 28/7/2011 and activated. CSRs confirmed $1500 spend on the visa, $4000 spend on the Amex. 3% foreign transaction fees, billed separately. Auto rental coverage is automatic, but they couldn't answer details about secondary/primary or geographic locations. Gave me 866-934-1138 to call for more info on rental coverage.

I was worried I'd get a $4000 spend visa, but it looks like maybe those people were just using the wrong links. Follow the directions!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:16 am

Are chances of approval for the Business VISA better with the $4K spend link over the $1.5K? I already have the other two, got them last fall.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by astrogator
Are chances of approval for the Business VISA better with the $4K spend link over the $1.5K? I already have the other two, got them last fall.
The spend on the promo shouldn't play a part. Generally, people are getting the $1500 for obvious reasons.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:28 am

Five links to choose from

Why are there five links to choose from (two and three)?

75k, Citi Visa EXPIRED, WORKING
75k, Citi Visa Business EXPIRED, WORKING

vs

75k, Citi Visa EXPIRED, BUT WORKS
75k, Citi Visa Business EXPIRED, BUT WORKS
75k, Citi Amex EXPIRED, BUT WORKS

All the links are different. If you want to go for three cards, do you select the three from the second set or a combo?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by danlozo

vs

All the links are different. If you want to go for three cards, do you select the three from the second set or a combo?
Have you read post#2? You cannot get three cards at once. Yes, the links are different. Different links for different cards and different offers. Follow instructions in post#2.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:43 am

vs

Did you read post #2? Read it, read it again, and then read it again. All the answers are there.

Edit: The thread master replied the same way lol
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Smidget
Did you read post #2? Read it, read it again, and then read it again. All the answers are there.

Edit: The thread master replied the same way lol
Yes. Read #2, carefully.

I didn't, now I'm stuck with trying to spend $4K on two cards instead of $4K on one and $1500 on the other.

The first batch are the $1500 spend cards.
The second batch are all $4K spend cards.

I am going to be at the borderline come 6 months. However, I can pay my power bill with credit card, and can pay over my amount due. Worst case, during the last month I'll make a huge payment to my power bill which will keep my power going for a few months.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Have you read post#2? You cannot get three cards at once. Yes, the links are different. Different links for different cards and different offers. Follow instructions in post#2.
I read and reread and reread. What I can't seem to get is how
"75k, Citi Visa EXPIRED, WORKING" is different from "75k, Citi Visa EXPIRED, BUT WORKS"

Same with "75k, Citi Visa Business EXPIRED, WORKING" and "75k, Citi Visa Business EXPIRED, BUT WORKS".

The URLs are different for each
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
Yes. Read #2, carefully.

I didn't, now I'm stuck with trying to spend $4K on two cards instead of $4K on one and $1500 on the other.

The first batch are the $1500 spend cards.
The second batch are all $4K spend cards.
Thank you. So the best thing to do is get a personal visa from the first set and a personal amex from the second set. 6 months later get a business visa from the first set?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Thank you. So the best thing to do is get a personal visa from the first set and a personal amex from the second set. 6 months later get a business visa from the first set?
Bingo - we have a winner!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: No preference
Almost right ... you only have to wait 60+ days to get the business (2+ months)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
jcmitchell21, thanks for post #2. On 7/21, I applied for 75K visa with $4000 spend. Go the card and confirmed that I will get 75K after spending $4000. So, the link still works.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:14 pm

Applied for the Visa Business $1.5K spend tonight for both myself and wife, pending review on both. We both got the two personal cards in the fall. Notice at end said to call them to finish the application and gave a number and application id to expedite process. Should I call or wait a bit to see if I get approved anyway? I just cancelled CO card on both accounts, should have freed up $12K in credit line.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:21 pm

If notice said to call , then why don't you. Think they close at 8 P.M PST.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by astrogator
Applied for the Visa Business $1.5K spend tonight for both myself and wife, pending review on both. We both got the two personal cards in the fall. Notice at end said to call them to finish the application and gave a number and application id to expedite process. Should I call or wait a bit to see if I get approved anyway? I just cancelled CO card on both accounts, should have freed up $12K in credit line.
I was told to call, but I never did. And the card was approved anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.