Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:19 pm

Got the Citi Visa and Amex both within a week. Verified both have the 75k bonus. Gotta love it! Should have two for the wife any day now.

This was my first attempt at rackin up some miles from the tips on this site. I gotta say I had a little doubt that the apps would work but I am now a believer! With the info on this site I hope to never pay for a flight again! Thanks for the help FT!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Finally got it to work.

Applied for VISA 1500 and AMEX 4000 spend.

Instantly approved for both.

Thanks all.

P.S. Anyway I can confirm the promotions?
Sure, call Citi and ask
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:28 pm

Finally got it to work.

Applied for VISA 1500 and AMEX 4000 spend.

Instantly approved for both.

Thanks all.

P.S. Anyway I can confirm the promotions?
Just ask when you activate.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Sure, call Citi and ask
Originally Posted by Infinion
Just ask when you activate.
Thanks. Would it be possible to call before activation? Like right now?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:35 pm

You could call them and ask.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:35 pm
Suspended

"Sure, call Citi and ask"
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:39 pm

Citi tells me my application is still pending after a week This does not bode well. They won't tell me what's the holdup except further review is needed.

I'm happy to see everyone else getting approved left and right but I don't understand what their issue is with me. I've never been declined for a card before. I got a FICO of 783, two existing cards with 30K credit line 99% unutilized, long credit history, only one inquiry past 12 months, no derogatories, sizeable household income, several years history at both current job and address. I never had a Citi card before. Anyone familiar with the innerworkings of Citi have a theory of why they don't like me?

If I get declined do you think I'll have better luck if I apply for the Amex? I didn't follow post #2 on purpose and apply for both cards (I know, bad me) because I didn't think I'd hit the $4500 spending requirement on top of the $1500. We're already trying to hit one spending requirement on husband's new SPG card.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by msc75
Citi tells me my application is still pending after a week This does not bode well. They won't tell me what's the holdup except further review is needed.

I'm happy to see everyone else getting approved left and right but I don't understand what their issue is with me. I've never been declined for a card before. I got a FICO of 783, two existing cards with 30K credit line 99% unutilized, long credit history, only one inquiry past 12 months, no derogatories, sizeable household income, several years history at both current job and address. I never had a Citi card before. Anyone familiar with the innerworkings of Citi have a theory of why they don't like me?

If I get declined do you think I'll have better luck if I apply for the Amex? I didn't follow post #2 on purpose and apply for both cards (I know, bad me) because I didn't think I'd hit the $4500 spending requirement on top of the $1500. We're already trying to hit one spending requirement on husband's new SPG card.
Their computers have been down intermittently, but that hasn't seemed to affect approvals and denials. Just wait it out.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:43 pm
Suspended

If I get declined do you think I'll have better luck if I apply for the Amex? I didn't follow post #2 on purpose and apply for both cards (I know, bad me)
Little late for that now
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:49 pm

You try for the Amex, but no, you have a much smaller chance of getting that one if you get denied on the visa app. They have no reason to give you a different card if you've already been declined for another one, besides, you'll have a very recent hard pull on file then.

Consider that there might be an error on your application that doesn't match your credit report. Maybe you had a typo on your address or something. That could explain a significant delay.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:53 pm

Little late for that now
Why, if I get denied for one can't I apply for the other? I thought the multiple applications thing would only apply if I have one pending or already approved. I read #2 before I applied and it was very helpful, but in my situation all I want is one personal card.

You try for the Amex, but no, you have a much smaller chance of getting that one if you get denied on the visa app. They have no reason to give you a different card if you've already been declined for another one, besides, you'll have a very recent hard pull on file then.

Consider that there might be an error on your application that doesn't match your credit report. Maybe you had a typo on your address or something. That could explain a significant delay.
I saw this after I posted, thanks for the clarification. I'll wait it out and see. I think it may be my hyphenated name after getting married last year Credit report shows three versions of my name, none with the hyphen. How nice that I may have to deal with this in all my future apps.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:56 pm

Why, if I get denied for one can't I apply for the other? I thought the multiple applications thing would only apply if I have one pending or already approved. I read #2 before I applied and it was very helpful, but in my situation all I want is one personal card.
You can apply for it. They will undoubtedly deny you, but this time it will be instant. What makes you think they'd give you a different card if they deny you for the first one? Your chances will be much WORSE the second time. You'll have a week old hard pull, for the same issuer. They'll see that they just denied you for another, very similar card. You're welcome to try your luck though, weirder things have happened, and there certainly is a chance you'd get it.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:06 pm

You could call them and ask.
"Sure, call Citi and ask"
Thanks. Confirmed for both.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Per post #2 I applied for two cards, one AmEx and one Visa personal cards. If I call Citi, they will be able to tell me if it's the 75K bonus cards? After all, as cited in #2, the promotion is not mentioned at all.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by honmani2
Per post #2 I applied for two cards, one AmEx and one Visa personal cards. If I call Citi, they will be able to tell me if it's the 75K bonus cards? After all, as cited in #2, the promotion is not mentioned at all.
Oh FFS.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.