Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by foolvivi
What if I have all three one years ago (persenal visa, amex, biz visa) and closed them all now. Can I apply again?
No, you may not
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by akp
I have abour $400 stuff still in pending status after several days, and my payment is due 8/3, so I tried to pay more than the balance Citi shows and it wouldn't allow me to pay anything beyond current balance online.

I am going to call in and try to make the payment for the greater amount today. Will post whether I succeed.
The only way to bypass this city blockage of over payment is to pay through your bank account if you use their bill pay service. There is no way for them to refuse. That is what I do with my Citi Premier Elite card.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by foolvivi
What if I have all three one years ago (persenal visa, amex, biz visa) and closed them all now. Can I apply again?
Dear visitors/first-time posters,

You'll get a much better, more patient reception here if you read post #2 first. Asking questions that are answered there -- especially after you've already been told to read post #2 -- is very bad form. So please read post #2 first.

Thank you.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by maulah
The only way to bypass this city blockage of over payment is to pay through your bank account if you use their bill pay service. There is no way for them to refuse. That is what I do with my Citi Premier Elite card.
This is exactly what I had in mind (I pay all my credit card bills through my bank's own online banking service).

I take it there is no problem in doing this - they don't look into your account (as if you are trying to get round your limit somehow) and miles post as normal for the total amount of the purchase?

Edited to add: The transaction I had in mind to make would be greater than my credit limit but would be within the total of my credit limit plus the prepayment I had made. (e.g. a $3000 transaction, where the credit limit is $1000 and I had pre-paid $2000). Would there be any issues with this being authorized?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by maulah
Haven't others posted that creating credit balances is a bad idea as it ids accounts as potential fraud tools (or was that just Chase)?

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Aug 1, 2011 at 1:55 pm
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by grantxu2000
"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Be assured that we have received it and there is no need to resubmit. We will contact you at the mailing address you provided as soon as it is processed. Thank you!"

Have to wait and pray.
+1 on my application for biz card this morning. Hoping for the best....
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by andysiz
Same here, on personal visa app for my wife. Applying for personal amex next.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:45 pm

Personal amex gave this error just now:

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.
Guess we'll have to call too see if this app went trough at all...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:47 pm

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Be assured that we have received it and there is no need to resubmit. We will contact you at the mailing address you provided as soon as it is processed. Thank you!"

Have to wait and pray.
Husband got the same error last night Of course of all days he had to apply on the day their system was down. I hope this has no effect on him getting the right promo.

I called them today to check on status of my pending application from a week ago and was told by CSR their system is down but should be back up later today.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:49 pm

Same here. Tried twice and called the automated number after each app. Nada. I'll see if anything fun arrives in the mail soon.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Have to wait and pray.
Had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago, still got the card in the mail, applied for my wife this Saturday, same message again, will let you know if they come too.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
Had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago, still got the card in the mail, applied for my wife this Saturday, same message again, will let you know if they come too.
Citi rep said that their systems were down, and they were hoping to get things back online some time today. The rep assured that the application information does not need to be re-submitted, but I may check again tomorrow just in case.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:13 pm

Citi rep said that their systems were down, and they were hoping to get things back online some time today. The rep assured that the application information does not need to be re-submitted, but I may check again tomorrow just in case.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:39 pm

Same here - system error. Tried the Visa & Amex. More later. wj
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:02 pm

OH NO! I got approved saturday for both personal cards, and I called today to confirm that the offers were for 75K miles. They told me thier system was down, but they could see i have a closed Hilton points card from earlier this year..... will that disqualify me from being a "new customers?" btw- I read post #2 ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.