Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:14 pm

targeted

Originally Posted by longleaf
^ . Too bad these all seem to be targeted
As longleaf stated they appear to be targeted offers, if not a general link with the offer terms would be available. Instead it is only available in a personal e-mail.

I was wrong about the 60,65,70 as this was just a selection of award ticket prices listed in the very general T&C ...it seems there are 2 offers one for 50k and another 50 after 10k spend, and one for 75k with 1.5k spend.

Believe me I wish it were as easy as using a link to get the points, but I found out the hard way with the AMEX MR 50k targeted offer that unless you are in THEIR system as qualifing for the offer you will not get the points. Without documentation you have nothing to say what you signed up for.

I dont mean to rain on the parade, but I am a skeptic, I'd rather be realistic than fan the flames on this pipe dream. using a link given to a targeted customer, and getting the points is unlikely, I will be extremely happy if someone can prove me wrong.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: Grounded
AA does have a "view in browser" link, but it includes your ff# and name on it.

If you need the actual landing page, just wait folks. Chances are it'll come in either the August mailer or the August American Way mag.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

This is the link straight from the email. Offer was for 75K
75,000 bonus miles — enough for select round-trip international flight awards
Having trouble viewing this email? View in Web Browser | View on Mobile Device
Please add [email protected] to your address

75,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles1 —
enough for select round-trip international flight awards2!

Citi®.Platinum.Select®./
AAdvantage® Visa® Signature card

Citi.Select®./.AAdvantage®
American.Express®.card

CitiBusiness®./.AAdvantage®
Visa® card

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,500 in purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership1 — enough for select round-trip international travel awards2
$85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
No blackout dates on award travel on American.Airlines, American.Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier4
AAdvantage® miles may never expire5
As a CitiBusiness®./.AAdvantage® cardmember, you’ll also get the tools needed to manage a small business:
Access to a CitiBusiness 24-hour Personal Business Assistant to help with travel, hotel and dining arrangements and more
Savings on an Admirals.Club® membership or on a renewal6
Earn AAdvantage® miles from purchases made on your employee accounts7 — plus, set an individual credit limit by employee

...... ...... Follow Us Online

Unsubscribe Change your email address Update your email preferences View Privacy Policy

* Terms and Conditions - Please read the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa® Signature card Terms and Conditions, Citi Select®./.AAdvantage® American Express® card Terms and Conditions, and the CitiBusiness®./.AAdvantage® Visa® card Terms and Conditions which defines rates, fees and other cost information.

Promotional.Terms.and.Conditions
..1..Bonus Miles
..2. Award Redemption
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Sweet! You da man! Is there an expiration date for this offer somewhere that i missed?

Now has anyone tried it yet to see if their is an issues with this being a targeted email or not? Who is the guinea pig?
I was about to ask: "Can you be our guinea pig"?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
maybe im wrong about this, but i did a URL comparison for the 2 different posts on the 75K deal. They're exactly the same... If it's targeted..isn't there usually a unique URL for each targeted email? Once you use it you can't use it again?

URL #1 as posted by WashParkRam in post # 65:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

URL #2 as posted by vu0219 in post #93:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01
As you can see, they're exactly the same..

URL for the 100K total bonus:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW730&m=7QAEZZUCZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

Note the slight difference in URL(bolded) between the 75K and 50K...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aaron1262
maybe im wrong about this, but i did a URL comparison for the 2 different posts on the 75K deal. They're exactly the same... If it's targeted..isn't there usually a unique URL for each targeted email? Once you use it you can't use it again?

I noticed that too... I'm suspecting the same thing. It's probably not targeted. I can't imagine Citi being able to pull some specific information from the email. The links are exactly the same for the 75K deal, I'm guessing anyone can apply - at your own risk of course.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I will EASILY do this for the 75K, but the 50K is a bit less appealing (I got the 50K offer in the email). If anyone can confirm that link for the 75K will work.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:45 pm

Talk about targeted:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
• 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $10,000 in purchases during your first 12 months of cardmembership1 - a total of 100,000 AAdvantage® miles is enough for select round-trip international flight awards2
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
• Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
• No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier4
• AAdvantage® miles may never expire5

Might be worth to break my "no credit card" mantra.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by aaron1262
URL for the 100K total bonus:
I just got this e-mail offer from AA with the same URL. Definitely not targeted...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
I was about to ask: "Can you be our guinea pig"?
As i said, i applied under the 100k business link. I did not get instant approval. It said i will be notified in 1 week. I did just apply for the Citi AA personal MC yesterday, and a plethora of other cards in the past 6 months, so we will see. If approved i will post if the offer was valid for me under the original terms.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
As i said, i applied under the 100k business link. I did not get instant approval. It said i will be notified in 1 week. I did just apply for the Citi AA personal MC yesterday, and a plethora of other cards in the past 6 months, so we will see. If approved i will post if the offer was valid for me under the original terms.
Thanks!
I did apply for 4 cards around three month ago and the last app got rejected (it was the AA citi visa) for too many app...
I am waiting another month before reapplying.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:55 pm

Wish there would be a way to confirm one would get 75 or 100K miles with these links.

I will wait before I apply.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
And please note that the links I provided were for the 50K/100K deal NOT the 75K deal.
It does not have any info on 50K/100K.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
UA Fan -- the info is contained in post 66
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:14 pm

If anyone has one of the better offers for the Citi AA Mastercard please post a link.

I applied for the 35,000 mile offer for the personal Citi AA MC yesterday, and would like to call in with a better offer to see if they will credit me the difference before i activate the card. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.