Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by bthobe
How does one sign up to even receive these offers? Or be targeted?
I presume join AAdvantage, and sign up for their email(s).
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: No preference
Is it out of the question to just call Citi and ask for the promotion over hte phone or have them email it to you?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by miguel0881
I received this e-mail this afternoon. I previously had the Citi AA Mastercard, but closed it some time back. Would I still qualify as a "new customer" for this offer?
I believe you would... When I called to cancel my existing card, the rep was nice enuff to clue me in on re-applying for another one to get more miles.....of course YMMV
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
wow !

of course..... This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by October 31, 2010
If you've only had the Citi AA MC, couldn't you still apply for the Visa? I thought it was one application per card type (MC, Visa, Amex)

and then again with the business card (MC, Visa, Amex)

totaling 6 possible applications
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by longleaf
If you've only had the Citi AA MC, couldn't you still apply for the Visa? I thought it was one application per card type (MC, Visa, Amex)

and then again with the business card (MC, Visa, Amex)

totaling 6 possible applications
yeah, but more people on FT were churning these suckers for yrs...so they kinda put a stop to it...or so...but some pppl fall within the cracks and get lukky
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
yeah, but more people on FT were churning these suckers for yrs...so they kinda put a stop to it...or so...but some pppl fall within the cracks and get lukky
Right. But if u didn't chrun these back in the day, you get to do the 6 different card applications before you get turn down due to being a "prior Citi AACardholder" right?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by DallaStarwooDelta
You mean like the offer I just got

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership

• 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $10,000 in purchases during your first 12 months of cardmembership1 - a total of 100,000 AAdvantage® miles is enough for select round-trip international flight awards

• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*

• Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases

• No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier

• AAdvantage® miles may never expire

T's & C's
My mother also just got this offer by e-mail. Unclear if she can sign up for all three cards offered and get 50-100K for each one. she has never had a CitiAA card before. I have had many....

Ironically, this only days after she got an offer by mail for the 35K bonus. I almost got her to sign up for that one!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: ALL
I too just signed up for the Citi AA biz card for 35k. Didn't receive this targeted offer so not too bummed (yet).

I think I've heard that you're limited to one personal card and one biz card regardless of whether you choose Visa, Mastercard or Amex.

On a similar note, what's the difference between Visa and Mastercard? Why/how can anyone pick one over the other?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
only targeted, no links? no referral??

Good thing I held on before applying for the 35,000 bonus miles. I am signed up on their mailing list but haven't received nothing as of yet. I never had a AA CC but already received a 30,000 bonus miles postal mail offer. Maybe I am not that much of a "target".

Really hard to beat that 75,000 bonus miles for $1,500 spending in 6 months!!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
My better half just got an offer for 40K... links don't appear to be targeted beyond some basic coding and information is NOT pre-filled out.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
I think I've heard that you're limited to one personal card and one biz card regardless of whether you choose Visa, Mastercard or Amex.
Frugal Travel Guy has up on his site:

Citicards now offers their cards with a restriction for first time Citicard cardmembers. My interpretation is one of each type of card ie Visa, MC, Amex, personal and business. It may take a supervisor to confirm you sign up bonus eligibility.

I don't think anyone really knows what the rule is yet.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
If it isn't targeted can anyone share the links?
or would one be able to call citi and ask to apply for such promotion?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by longleaf
Frugal Travel Guy has up on his site:

Citicards now offers their cards with a restriction for first time Citicard cardmembers. My interpretation is one of each type of card ie Visa, MC, Amex, personal and business. It may take a supervisor to confirm you sign up bonus eligibility.

I don't think anyone really knows what the rule is yet.
the thing with this card is there really is no rule...if you write, you get a different answer than if you email or call, etc etc... Theres no consistency over ppl getting the cards/bonuses now. I applied for the visa, having the MC, and got denied...My wife did the same, and got the visa while she had the MC...so its iffy ....you just get lukky or ya dont.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:14 pm

Of course this has to happen after I applied for the 35k offer last night. I have impeccable timing!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
Of course this has to happen after I applied for the 35k offer last night. I have impeccable timing!
I'm in the same boat, applied last night for the 35k. If you haven't activated the card yet, and someone can provide a link, perhaps you can get them to change your offer to a better one before activation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.