Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by longleaf
I'm in the same boat, applied last night for the 35k. If you haven't activated the card yet, and someone can provide a link, perhaps you can get them to change your offer to a better one before activation.
its not the activation that matters...its the whole pre-arrival of the card that matters...the inquiry, the approval, the account # generation, etc
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
its not the activation that matters...its the whole pre-arrival of the card that matters...the inquiry, the approval, the account # generation, etc
Yep, but i have heard of people in the past successfully requesting if they can get the better offer if the application was done recently. I can't remember if it was through Citi or not. And it may not help that the card hasn't been activated yet, but it couldn't hurt if it is one of those YMMV things
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Any luck on a link or code for this offer? Called Citi and was told they could only offer me the 30K.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Yep, but i have heard of people in the past successfully requesting if they can get the better offer if the application was done recently. I can't remember if it was through Citi or not. And it may not help that the card hasn't been activated yet, but it couldn't hurt if it is one of those YMMV things
go for it..then report back here your results
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
go for it..then report back here your results
I'm waiting to find a link first. So that if they say, what offer are you referring to, i can show them. Worth a shot
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I had recently signed up my wife for an AA#, hope she gets the invite, I have been holding off on applications just for a good offer.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
we need to get some links please... I am upset got the 35000 last mth guess would have to do business one now 100000 lets get this guys...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
I really don't want to receive one of these offers... I will feel absolutely compelled to pursue it. And with 2 Chase approvals this year and a 3rd pending, 4 Amex approvals, and 1 citi denial in ~March (too many INQ's), I don't feel like it'll work out. Knowing myself though, it will be very, very hard to resist. I want to tell myself that my new Citi checking and Citi Ultimate Savings Accounts for AA miles will endear me to Citi. But I am not feeling lucky.

Maybe if I tried to leverage my business a bit. That might be a positive.

Oh please no... Not another card I can't resist with another spending requirement.

I want to focus on AA but the offers elsewhere have just been too strong. Just give me 3 months for the credit report to clear, please?!?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by msp2msy
I really don't want to receive one of these offers... I will feel absolutely compelled to pursue it. And with 2 Chase approvals this year and a 3rd pending, 4 Amex approvals, and 1 citi denial in ~March (too many INQ's), I don't feel like it'll work out. Knowing myself though, it will be very, very hard to resist. I want to tell myself that my new Citi checking and Citi Ultimate Savings Accounts for AA miles will endear me to Citi. But I am not feeling lucky.

Maybe if I tried to leverage my business a bit. That might be a positive.

Oh please no... Not another card I can't resist with another spending requirement.

I want to focus on AA but the offers elsewhere have just been too strong. Just give me 3 months for the credit report to clear, please?!?
Unless you have an upcoming need for credit (home, car), inquiries aren't going to hurt you that much and they eventually go away.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:13 pm

Here is a link to the 40,000 offer with 2 AAdmiral's Club passes:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...d-credit-card/

I think Gleff's trustworthy enough
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA 2P, US Silver, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat RA, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Wish I got the 75k offer, but no, just the 50k one I still signed up, of course! Approved instantly and on its way. Yay! What to do with my 50k AA miles?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by CK82
Wish I got the 75k offer, but no, just the 50k one I still signed up, of course! Approved instantly and on its way. Yay! What to do with my 50k AA miles?
You can wait till you get 135K for a nice CX F US-ASIA?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by CK82
How about a link?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:30 pm

Here is a link to the 40,000 offer with 2 AAdmiral's Club passes:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...d-credit-card/

I think Gleff's trustworthy enough
None of these Citi offers say what the bonus is on the actual application webpage, but i noticed if you change some of the last digits on the URL it will take you to a different application offer, of which the terms are unknown to me b/c they don't write it on any of the application pages.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I just applied yesterday too! Waah! We must have all made a tipping point for these new offers to come out LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.