[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by msc75
When I click on the link the first time, I get nothing but a blank page with two blue bars.

When I click on the business link I can see that fine. Close it down, click on the personal link, then I see an application for the Citi Platinum Select card.
Yes, see my post above - I had to hit the "refresh" button to get the page to load after a similar error. It still worked after one refresh, but it is a leap of faith.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Since I'm canceling my 1-year-old AA Visa card rather than pay the yearly fee, I decided to try for the AA Amex. It's likely I'll be denied, but it's worth a shot -- if I succeed I have enough miles for a C trip to Asia.
My try for this card failed last October because I was not a first-time cardholder, but this time I was approved, even though I still have the AA Visa. There's no mention of the terms in the email, so I don't know for certain that I'll get the 75K, but I'm hopeful.

Also, when I called to cancel the AA Visa, they offered a credit equal to the yearly fee if I make a certain number of purchases within a certain period -- I forgot the details, but it was something I'd easily do, so I'll have two AA cards for the next year. Too bad the 2 miles/$ bonus on the AA Visa has ended -- that was pretty great.

Maybe I'll try for the business card later.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:04 am

I got the personal visa and amex cards last fall and still have them. Is it possible to get the business amex?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:17 am

Post #2 . . .

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
6. After 65 days, apply for 1 Visa business card.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
When you say "it doesn't work," what do you mean? What message are you getting? If you are not going to apply for the two personal cards at once, you may as well apply for the $1500 Visa and $1500 Business card at the same time.

If you apply for the Business card, put your name as the name of the business so that if you are required to prove the existence of the business you can send phone, bank, or utility statements that are in your name. Do not make up income that does not exist.

EDIT: I just clicked on the link you quoted and got the application, using Firefox. It says that it is the Visa Signature Card on top and does not mention Business card. Make sure you are not blokcing scripts or java, etc.
I am brand new to flyer talk first post --can someone please give me the link for the 75,000 mile bonus with ctit that still is valid also the citi amex for 75k --thanks
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
I am brand new to flyer talk first post --can someone please give me the link for the 75,000 mile bonus with ctit that still is valid also the citi amex for 75k --thanks
Welcome to FT! Read the second post in this thread. It contains the links and step-by-step instructions. Link to 2nd post . . .

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Click Blue Arrow above.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:56 am
Suspended

It's in a thread with this title:

American Airlines Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:00 am

I've been searching the forum for 30 minutes now, and I know this is likely a common question, but I can't seem to find an answer.

When does spend time start? On the terms and conditions of most cards, it says "within the first X months of account opening". When is the account officially opened? When the card is activated or when you are approved?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by TravelMutt
I've been searching the forum for 30 minutes now, and I know this is likely a common question, but I can't seem to find an answer.

When does spend time start? On the terms and conditions of most cards, it says "within the first X months of account opening". When is the account officially opened? When the card is activated or when you are approved?

Thanks!
Generally approval date. Ask the CSR when you call to activate.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by MJLouise
Generally approval date. Ask the CSR when you call to activate.
Thank you.

I'm going to have to hold out for a couple weeks, then. Hopefully this deal doesn't finally die during that time.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:32 am

sshhhhh

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
Thank you.

I'm going to have to hold out for a couple weeks, then. Hopefully this deal doesn't finally die during that time.
Don't talk about this deal dying. It should be right up there with "don't call the airlines" ... unthinkable
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tulsarick
I've been a small biz owner 26 years. A bank loan officer told me a long time ago to never put self emplyed on a credit application if you can avoid it. Put 'manager' instead. It has worked every time for me.
Not necessarily.

100% of my applications of any card is "self-employed". just another opposite data point.

I will see when it changes to "retired" what would happen.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Welcome to FT! Read the second post in this thread. It contains the links and step-by-step instructions. Link to 2nd post . . .
The info on the 2nd post is as clear as can be--fantastic!,great work --thanks
but does the 75k still work now that it is almost Aug.??or will it be the standard 30k?? --if this was a c.c. for myself I WOULD JUST FILL IT OUT AND TAKE THE CHANCE AS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE --but it is for my boss and do not want to catch hell --I know can not guaranteed --have other applied and awarded the 75k this month--- thank you
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:09 am

but does the 75k still work now that it is almost Aug.??or will it be the standard 30k?? --if this was a c.c. for myself I WOULD JUST FILL IT OUT AND TAKE THE CHANCE AS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE --but it is for my boss and do not want to catch hell --I know can not guaranteed --have other applied and awarded the 75k this month--- thank you
You could read through the last few pages and find out. But yes, it is generally accepted that if you get the app page to load, and get approved, you'll get the promo (75k) that used to be on the offer page. I haven't seen anyone one here that randomly got a different offer like 30k or something. Be very careful to follow the post 2 directions exactly. You should likely tell your boss, though, that there is a 20% chance that something will go wrong, and he'll be out the 75k, or part of it. Other than that, there isn't much downside. It's not a guaranteed thing, but pretty close to it.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:11 am

I applied for visa and amex personal last week via web. Confirmed with Citi via phone that both had the 75k promo on them. It is still alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.