[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
This actually happened to me... While researching the different 75k and 100k sign-up links, my cookies must have saved some data.
When I thought I had applied for one of the $1,500 spend links and one of the $4,000 spend links and was approved - I called the CSR to verify and she said they were BOTH $4,000 spend links... So I still have another $2,500 to go currently to reach the second bonus.

Anybody received THREE cards from this? I know the 2nd post recommends doing the 2 personal and waiting 65 days before the business app. My date for that is May 11th. Getting antsy

We got all three too. I did follow that the forum #2 rules.
Hope you got it too.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:45 am

I am new, mapping out my first cards, so take that into mind.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the first two "tiers" IE the 75k Visa/Amex with the $1500/6 month spending requirement and the $4000/6 month spending requirement?

Do the cards differ at all? and if not, why would you ever do the $4000 spending one as opposed to the $1500? They appear to be the same card, so I don't see the reason to do $4k over $1.5k, but I just want to double check. $5.5k spending in 6 months if i got two of the cards would be difficult to do.

I'm not super keen on picking up 2x yearly fee cards. Granted they are waived for a year, and I have a long time citi personal card but no Amex yet. From my understanding having a long history on each company is whats important. So hopefully I can pick up the miles from these 2 and then cancel the citi one before the fee hits next year without damage to my credit score. (800 fico) I suppose then I should just sit on the Amex for a while and pay the yearly fee? I won't be spending more than 15k at most across all my credit cards next year, so it will be hard to spend enough to get them to comp the fee.

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by IceWilly
I am new, mapping out my first cards, so take that into mind.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the first two "tiers" IE the 75k Visa/Amex with the $1500/6 month spending requirement and the $4000/6 month spending requirement?

Do the cards differ at all? and if not, why would you ever do the $4000 spending one as opposed to the $1500? They appear to be the same card, so I don't see the reason to do $4k over $1.5k, but I just want to double check. $5.5k spending in 6 months if i got two of the cards would be difficult to do.

I'm not super keen on picking up 2x yearly fee cards. Granted they are waived for a year, and I have a long time citi personal card but no Amex yet. From my understanding having a long history on each company is whats important. So hopefully I can pick up the miles from these 2 and then cancel the citi one before the fee hits next year without damage to my credit score. (800 fico) I suppose then I should just sit on the Amex for a while and pay the yearly fee? I won't be spending more than 15k at most across all my credit cards next year, so it will be hard to spend enough to get them to comp the fee.

Thanks for the help
I think both are the same benefit, just the requirement for getting 75k miles bonus miles. I did two of the personal for 75k/1500 spending.
and got 150k miles for my same AA frequent flyer account.
READ the forum #2 and following the instruction, and I think you will be all set.

If you never have AA citi card, you should just apply it for the 75k miles bonus.

And you could get the business card after 65 days for another 75k miles.

I have 817 and drop to 771 with 5 credit cards in 2 months and loans application. I am not going to apply any credit cards or loan in at least 1 year.
And I the credit score should be come back. And I will keep my card before the annual fees hit, then cancel it. At least I have a year of history of having the cards, and reason to cancel it and just maybe keep one of the AA card to accumulate miles. (Business annual is $10 less - $75)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:17 am

I'm surprised by how many people go for the 75k mile deal rather than the 100k mile deal. Just saying.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:19 am

100k BA deal? or 50/100k AA deal? Since I spend like 12k yearly on CC's, I cannot hit any spending limits that are so large. Maybe in the future, but not currently. Even more unlikely if I do 2-3 cards like I am planning.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by IceWilly

The cards don't differ. The $1500 spend was the original offer and when that expired it was replaced with the $4000 spend offer. However for some reason the online and phone applications for both offers still work even though they both have expired.

Originally Posted by juggler451
I'm surprised by how many people go for the 75k mile deal rather than the 100k mile deal. Just saying.
I think the "Status in question" after the info for the 100k offer makes people question if it is still valid, and not everyone wants to spend $10k on a card and wait up to a year to get the miles.

Last edited by kts262; Apr 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:24 am

Smile Offer still good

Just wanted to say the personal AA Visa card with 75k bonus offer is still legit. Last week I followed one of the links in this forum and got instant approval. Then got the card in the mail yesterday. Called the 800 number on the back and before activating verified that the 75k offer was still legit as it was never mentioned in all the fine print they send you. She verified it was all good and you just need to spend $1,500.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: No preference
The main reason for applying for the 75k/$4k card is because it has a promo page to back it up. Some people do not feel comfortable applying without proof of the offer, cause if they call you on it, then you are basically SOL ... but this rarely happens.

I can't remember why I put "status in question" on the 100k deal. I think a few people in a short time said they were told it was no longer working by a csr. But since then, we have had confirmed success. I may go change it back.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:18 pm

Citi aa Visa/amex

Just signed up for this forum and wanted to say thanks..

I was very very very worried about not getting the 75k points with $1500 spending but I took a leap of faith and tried it, got the call in for the application and then got approved the rep retold me the program.

Also based on the information here I applied for the AMEX and was instantly approved. I called to verify the information and it was the same 75k with $1500 in spending.

150k in points is going to be nice, I have a lot of flying to do soon!!

I do have two questions for the group..

After you reach the 1500 spending limit, how long before the points are in your account? (I am making a long 2week trip the beginning of JULY and hoping to be able to use the points)

I have also read that some are saying that this card also comes with companion airfare for free.. true or not????

Thanks Everyone
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by Teachin98

After you reach the 1500 spending limit, how long before the points are in your account? (I am making a long 2week trip the beginning of JULY and hoping to be able to use the points)
Usually the bonus hits your account when the miles from the month's billing cycle in which you hit the spend amount also hits your account.

(Ex, the 2nd billing month for my card is when I hit the spend requirement and I got the miles for that month and the bonus also hit my account then as well.)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by coco11
We got all three too. I did follow that the forum #2 rules.
Hope you got it too.
Glad to hear that you and another user before you also got all 3 cards. I'm nervous and excited to apply for the business card in May! I got 6 new credit cards in a span of only 5 weeks, and was declined for a couple too. 8 Hard pulls on my credit score, and I'm only 22 so my average credit account length is small. If I get card #3 I will be ecstatic!

Going to go for the BA 100k card, the Amex MR 75k card (upgrade), and the AA business 75k card all at the same time in May and see what happens
I figure that the pulls won't show on my report if I do that since they're different banks.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is still applicable, but I signed up for the 4k requirement promotion because it also included a free companion ticket, which is worth up to $650 for me for my Christmas travels.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
jcmitchell21,
Thanks for keeping this thread updated !!!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:34 pm

Should I close my Personal Amex before applying for the Personol Visa next month? I opened the personal Amex in Oct. (I know, short chance of getting approved, but still wondering if closing existing personals changes anything).
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by civico
Ok, I'm attempting to walk my mom through the steps of applying but our only contact is through email during this process so bear with me:

She said she applied for both the Citi Visa and Citi AmEx personal cards and got instantly approved for both. However, she said on the last step that an error message came up and said that the page was not available and that if she needed immediate assistance to call the number on the back of her card or her statement, neither of which she has since she isn't a member yet.

Did this happen to anyone else? If so, what did you do?

The number on post #2 is only open during 9 am-9 pm and its already past that time. Should she call it tomorrow? Or is she approved and should she just lay low?

All help is appreciated. Thanks.
Originally Posted by mokamoto
Hi Civico:

I received that message when I applied for my AMEX. The note showed up for me under the "Your Card Details" section. It's actually supposed to display the Card Name, Annual Fee, Credit Line and APR. At least that's what showed up on my Visa approval. I didn't have any issues with my approval, and confirmed with CSR. Funny thing on my AMEX summary sheet was that it showed most of the information under the "You're Done" section. I'm sure that there were no problems with her approval, but she should check with CSR.

Mokamoto (and all others who have helped),

Good news! My mom was instantly approved for the AmEx and the Visa yesterday and even though she got the above stated error message, she called the CSR and the CSR said everything was fine and that she had both cards, each with the 75,000 mile bonus. So if you also receive an error message, just call a CSR to confirm and you should be ok!

Thanks to everyone for your help. Now its off to talk my sister and dad into getting 2 personal cards each. We could be a million mile family in a month!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.