[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MR UR AA
Just got rejected by Citibank for their AA cards, apparently I had a "history of late payments". Went straight to my credit report but I don't see any late payments reported. I'm annoyed but that 150k miles will have to wait, oh well.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by achuang24
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
I would not cancel the AA Amex. You might not get it back. Count yourself lucky you got the Amex so shortly after the Hilton Visa.

Just go with the Amex for now and wait to apply for the AA Visa after 6 months.

Agree, don't cancel the card as it's free miles in the bank.

Also, not sure if 6 months to apply again for the Visa would do any good as he was already turned down for this within the last month. As others have suggested, it's now between 18-20 or 24 months before applying for the cards again. Not sure if it makes a difference if the last application was approved or denied.

Also, from the overall trend, the 75k deal won't be around for another 6months--IMHO.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by freezone

Also, not sure if 6 months to apply again for the Visa would do any good as he was already turned down for this within the last month. As others have suggested, it's now between 18-20 or 24 months before applying for the cards again. Not sure if it makes a difference if the last application was approved or denied.

Also, from the overall trend, the 75k deal won't be around for another 6months--IMHO.

Is the deal for 75000 miles for spending $1500 still available?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by sabcoolin
do you not believe me that it still does?? that hurts
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Jesus Christ - can you people literally not be arsed to read just a couple of pages back? Do your mothers still spoon feed you?

On a serious note - there must be a way to moderate this kind of stuff. If we cut out this kind of crap people would actually stand a chance of finding what they needed.

Last edited by User Name; Apr 29, 2011 at 4:06 am Reason: Rant-induced typo
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by User Name
Jesus Christ - can you people literal not be arsed to read just a coupe of pages back? Do your mothers still spoon feed you?
Damn I love coming here
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Some.
Applied and instantly approved for both personals on 2/16. Just applied for the business and got the pending response. I made it to step 5, though. Hopefully, that will mean something!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Damn I love coming here
I mean, come on, don't you just tear out your hair a little now an again..?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:51 pm
Suspended

I mean, come on, don't you just tear out your hair a little now an again..?
Well, I've got little hair to pull but I can say that If I'd posted what I was thinking, I'd be banned for both of our lifetimes.

I'm glad our cats can't read or they might learn tips on being lazy from this thread
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
do you not believe me that it still does?? that hurts
I am sorry ... i was just confirming it... Since i am new here in US... i was just making sure before i apply for it....
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:02 pm

Jesus Christ - can you people literal not be arsed to read just a couple of pages back? Do your mothers still spoon feed you?

On a serious note - there must be a way to moderate this kind of stuff. If we cut out this kind of crap people would actually stand a chance of finding what they needed.
i read almost first 5-6 pages and last 10 pages, but by asking again i was just maing sure because all it takes a minute to deacticate this offer by the creadit card company ... i was asking ppl who applied today and still got a confirmation from CSR that this deal is still active....

Was just making sure again before i apply for it again...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
i read almost first 5-6 pages and last 10 pages, but by asking again i was just maing sure because all it takes a minute to deacticate this offer by the creadit card company ... i was asking ppl who applied today and still got a confirmation from CSR that this deal is still active....

Was just making sure again before i apply for it again...
And if everybody did this, this thread would be 10,000 pages long instead of about 350. This is an electronic world. Citi could cancel this offer at 11:00 p.m. Or 11:01 p.m. Or 11:02 p.m. The data points that will make this offer useful are when folks start posting that multiple CSRs have told them that all of the offers in post #2 are no longer valid. And we'll need multiple posts confirming that before we know for sure this deal is dead.

I've been following this deal for months. I can only tell you that jcmitchell21 has done an admirable job of keeping post #2 up to date. I understand your reticence and concerns. When I first saw this thread a couple of months ago, I didn't believe that you could (or should) apply for two personal cards simultaneously so I applied for one instead. I'm telling you now that I should have had the faith to believe in the accuracy of the information that has been put into post #2 because I applied for only one personal card. I don't have many regrets in my life, but one of them is clearly that I did not take advantage of the information freely given here that would have gotten me 150,000 miles instead of the 75,000 I got.

Please realize that you, or anyone else looking at this thread, can have no 100% assurances that a deal that Citi has claimed has expired continues to this second. This is an offer that, according to all normal standards, should have expired months ago.

For whatever reasons, Citi has chosen to continue to accept applications for what seem to be expired offers. Since you've read the last ten pages, you know the offer has remained open in the past week. But, you're on FlyerTalk. Understand that the phrase, "Your Mileage May Vary," is literally true.

The folks who moderate FlyerTalk are extremely good at marking deals, "Gone." That hasn't been done to this thread yet.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Can someone please confirm if the AA 75000 Miles for spending $1500 in 3 months is still available?

There is a link in Post# 2, am i supposed to use that to apply for the American Express card?
Yes, it is still active from all accounts. That is the link I used to get my Amex about 2 months ago as well.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Citi AA 75000

Thank you for your feedback, achuang24 and freezone.

Originally Posted by freezone

Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: Southwest CP/A & Hyatt Globalist - love both of these companies!
I know people who repeat questions are annoying - so I'm sorry to start that flurry. Thanks to JC for being patient and keeping the links active, and thanks to everyone who reiterated that the links on the first page were all I needed.

I applied today and we'll see what happens. I know I may get called crazy, but I applied for the 100K business card offer, just one time. If nothing else, I can at least update the board on the status of this offer, pending I am approved.

Before I am asked, I only applied for the one business card because my credit is weak, but spending 10K in one year is no problem and worth the extra 25K to me.

Update Forthcoming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.