Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 11:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by superking
Yes, but I already have an AA personal card 2 months ago... so... I don't know if I would get approve or not.
Approval is a crap shoot. I got to 4 personal cards before being cut off.

But which promotion you apply for doesn't matter
Old May 3, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Approval is a crap shoot. I got to 4 personal cards before being cut off.

But which promotion you apply for doesn't matter
4 personal AA card?

Can you give little more details? branding(Amex/master/visa)? Time you have had or cancelled etc? How much gap between? Thanks
Old May 3, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: moka Lifetime
Just got instant approval for MC but not AmEx. Anyone else get that? I'm nervous that now it will be considered as two pulls as opposed to one per post #2's instructions.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by moka
Just got instant approval for MC but not AmEx. Anyone else get that? I'm nervous that now it will be considered as two pulls as opposed to one per post #2's instructions.
Don't worry about the pulls. Normally if your approved for a credit card the pull doesn't affect you credit score and the additional card helps it.
Old May 3, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
To maximize miles:

75k, Visa EXPIRED, BUT WORKS
75k, Visa Business EXPIRED, BUT WORKS
75k, Amex EXPIRED, BUT WORKS

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1500 in purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*

Confirmed to work, but DOES NOT have a usable offer page at the moment.
Thanks for the advice on this forum. Followed the steps in posting #2 and applied for 2 personal cards for myself. The Amex and the Visa and was links worked and I approved for both at step 3. I use my BA Chase Card and get the 2-4-1 after 30k spending each year and so the $1500 spending was the best option for me. If you don't have other cards apply for the 100000k miles card with 10k spending.

After I meet my target and get the points I will ask for a product line transfer to something without an annual fee.
Old May 3, 2011, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superking
4 personal AA card?

Can you give little more details? branding(Amex/master/visa)? Time you have had or cancelled etc? How much gap between? Thanks
Citi AA application timeline:

07/22/2008 - MC 30k- Approved
06/01/2010 - MC Bus 30k - Approved
07/30/2010 - Citi Visa Signature 75k - Approved
08/25/2010 - Citi Amex 100k - Approved
09/17/2010 - Citi Business 100k - Declined
12/31/2010 - Citi Visa Signature 100k - Approved
03/06/2011 - Citi Visa Sig 75k - Declined on 1st time user grounds

All except for initial MC Bus card still open and in use
Old May 3, 2011, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by gl331
I applied for the business visa even though I don't own a business. I was asked to call Citi to verify information. They told me over the phone that I need to provide two of the following:

business bank statement
business license
article of incorporation
property insurance statemen

I had read in this thread previously that people were able to send in their personal bank statements and electricity bills as proof, but I was not offered that option. Is there anyway to get around these requirements? Obviously no big deal if I don't get it, but it'd be nice if I do
I believe some people posted that if, in the application, you put your business name as your first and last name, then you are able to send in practically any bill or mail as proof - including your personal bank account which would have your name on it.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Originally Posted by sholnay
I believe some people posted that if, in the application, you put your business name as your first and last name, then you are able to send in practically any bill or mail as proof - including your personal bank account which would have your name on it.
I tried this a week ago, and they have rejected every document I send in (including personal bank statements, credit card statements and utility bills). They say that is not proof of the business and they need to be business or corporate accounts to count. I wasted a hard pull on a card I can't get because of lack of supporting documentation.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Droch
Don't worry about the pulls. Normally if your approved for a credit card the pull doesn't affect you credit score and the additional card helps it.
Not quite. An inquiry will ding your credit score a few points regardless. Approved or declined, an inquiry is an inquiry. Which is why it is obviously much better to get an approval so you can at least get something in return for the ding. It's annoying to give away a few points on your credit score and then get nothing in return. I hate when that happens. But as to the last part of your post, yes, if you maintain a good record with the added account then you will relatively quickly recoup the initial inquiry ding and then some. Another benefit to approvals .
Old May 3, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Applied and got 3 cards (Mr. Balima and me). I cancelled my business card and was not offered any retention incentives. Hubby cancelled his business card this weekend and was not offered and retention incentives. I cancelled my personal today and was offered $85 credit ( this would make the card free for the next year) or 3000 bonus miles after a $500 spend in three months. I took the 3000 miles, paid a hospital bill and already made my $500 spend. Obviously, they only offer retention bonuses for personal cards. I guess that would make sense.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:17 pm

I applied last week and was stopped at step 3 on the Visa app and step 5 on the AMEX app. The Visa asked me to call in so they can obtain additional information and I was instantly approved on the phone. However about 5 days later I received an email saying that I was denied for the AMEX because

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us.

I have not had an AAdvantage card before. I figure they must have seen the Visa app and denied my AMEX.

Is there anything I can do?
Old May 4, 2011, 7:49 am

This morning just applied both VISA and AMEX, both instant approved. A moment before, also applied discover more and UA 50K (received their invitation mail) card, both pending. Apparently citi is more customer-friendly than the other two!

A little bit background: I have less than 2 years credit history. The last time jumping was 3 months ago, applied for Continental 50K and Delta 50K at the same day both approved, not instant though.

Last edited by flycolor; May 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Thumbs up

Just want to let people know I applied for both Citi VISA and AMEX on 24-Apr-2011 and approved for both. Received both several days ago and just called a few minutes ago. All confirmed for 75k bonus miles on $1,500 spend within 6 months.

Wish I had not been so anxious and had applied for a 100k card. Will do this with the wife, plus a 75k card for the wife and hope we can find another $1,500 to spend. The $10k will be easy enough as we have some business class tix to purchase for international travel but finding a total of $4,500 between us outside of that is tough since we stay in Singapore.

Anyway.. seems they are still working and offering the promotion as of above dates. Hope this helps people feel a little more comfortable.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:57 am

Has anyone who owns more than one business successfully applied for multiple business cards?
Old May 4, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by elpi
Yes, You can transfer credit limits betwen card, but once I was not able. Call next day and they transfer without question. So it depend to whom You talk.
Thanks. I'm still waiting for my Biz card to arrive in the mail, but I'll try to reallocate my CLs across types of cards as soon as I get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.