Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: AA, CO, Delta
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
You might get AA Visa/Amex at 18 months from your AA MC application.(See 13. in post#2)Another option may be to apply AA 75K Business Visa 60+days after AA MC application.(It was not my option though.)
If I were you, I won't cancel AA MC as long as 75k offers alive.I think if you cancel AA MC,in the worst case, you won't be able to get approval for other Citi AA CC forever and that is what I was afraid of.
As I wrote in my previous post,I did not call CSR at all and it may not a good strategy. I am not sure but you may get approved if you just call CSR after application. As a non-native English speaker,I just wouldn't call and talk with CSR but you may not...
That'll be October of 2012! Hopefully some other great offer will come along between now and then. Fingers crossed but I really hope that this offer will still be alive then.
Old May 1, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ecruz010
Could you guys please let me know what are my odds of getting approved if I apply for this card.

I have had a citi forward card since April 2009 , which I still use every month.

I applied for a Citi AA Amex(30K bonus) in May 2009 and was Approved(24 Months ago)

I Closed the same AA Amex on May 2010(12 Months Ago)

I Applied for a Citi AA Visa(100k offer) on August 2010(9 months ago) and was denied.

What are the odds I'll get accepted if I apply again for the Visa and for the Amex(this time for the 75K offers)?

Should I wait until later this year to apply again?
I think your chances for one if not two cards are pretty good. I'm in a similar situation where I always had a Citi cash back card (as backup) and been doing annual churning on a AAdvantage Citi card. Was denied in Oct '10 for Amex but approved in Feb '11. Looks like your Amex was closed 21 months ago. I say give it a shot while the offer link is still working. Let us know how it turns out.
Old May 1, 2011, 9:14 am

Cant find promo

I went to the first page 2nd posting and clicked on the links and while it did take me to the applications page, it did not show the promo.

Is this promo still active?
Old May 1, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by weiweidog
I went to the first page 2nd posting and clicked on the links and while it did take me to the applications page, it did not show the promo.

Is this promo still active?
Did you read the rest of post #2?

Confirmed to work, but DOES NOT have a usable offer page at the moment.

Or the last few pages of this thread where people just got the offer? Always read at least the first two pages and the last 4-5 pages of a long thread. That'll usually answer your questions. A search will answer most of the rest. ...have fun with the miles!
Old May 1, 2011, 9:52 am

Hello all -- total newbie here with a quick question.

I've been following these forums for the last few weeks and decided to take the plunge last week. I applied for the BA 100k card (accepted), the AA Visa (accepted), and AA Amex (denied).

Fast forward to yesterday -- I get two separate AA Visas in the mail. They have two different account numbers, different expiration dates, even different credit limits. Really not sure how this happened -- I recall having errors when I submitting the online application (the site told me to re-apply with the first error message), so it sounds like two applications were somehow processed.

Anyways, how should I proceed? I don't want to screw anything up (and risk losing my accounts), so I haven't activated either card yet. I also don't yet have an AA mileage account set up. Is there any way I can take advantage of this situation and possibly get the deal doubled, or should I call Citi and tell them to close one of the accounts?
Old May 1, 2011, 9:56 am

Yeah, don't call them and ask about the reason for 2 visas, Activate both on different calls. Did you actually submit a second app on after the error code?
Old May 1, 2011, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by achuang24
I think your chances for one if not two cards are pretty good. I'm in a similar situation where I always had a Citi cash back card (as backup) and been doing annual churning on a AAdvantage Citi card. Was denied in Oct '10 for Amex but approved in Feb '11. Looks like your Amex was closed 21 months ago. I say give it a shot while the offer link is still working. Let us know how it turns out.
My Amex was closed only 12 months ago? do you think that would be enough? and in addition I'm confused, what link should I use? and should I apply for both online or should i use the link for one and immediately apply for the other one by phone?
Old May 1, 2011, 10:28 am

I'm having trouble with the Visa 75k personal offer (the first one from post 2); after filling out the application and clicking 'Verify Application', my SSN and Security Word always disappear and ask to be re-entered. Have tried several times on Chrome and IE9 to no avail... anybody have any suggestions?
Old May 1, 2011, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by scwam
Yeah, don't call them and ask about the reason for 2 visas, Activate both on different calls. Did you actually submit a second app on after the error code?
Yes, I did. The error code very plainly said something along the lines of "try again later" or similar words indicating that the app hadn't gone through. But I guess I assumed incorrectly. This is probably why I was denied for the Amex

How should I set up my mileage accounts? Will they be activated automatically? If so, are there any things I need to do to make sure this won't pose problems down the line? Can one person have two mileage accounts?

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by Tangerine Gleam; May 1, 2011 at 10:51 am
Old May 1, 2011, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by achuang24
I applied for the 75K Visa using the link. Had to call to the phone number they gave me to get the approval, but it worked!. I applied for the Amex, should I call the phone number again? or should i wait and let them decide?
Old May 1, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Tangerine Gleam
Yes, I did. The error code very plainly said something along the lines of "try again later" or similar words indicating that the app hadn't gone through.

How should I set up my mileage accounts?
Thanks so much for your help!
So you did apply twice. Don't worry about the account, it will be setup automatically and put on the face of your card(s).
Old May 1, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
So you did apply twice. Don't worry about the account, it will be setup automatically and put on the face of your card(s).
OK, great. Thanks again for the help.

So I should activate both of these cards (from different numbers) and plan on spending the requisite amount to try and get the 75k bonus on each? I just want to make sure that attempting to do so will not get one (or both) accounts cancelled and nullify this whole process. If both cards are at the same address, will either Citi or AA realize that there could be an issue here?
Old May 1, 2011, 12:28 pm

So I should activate both of these cards (from different numbers) and plan on spending the requisite amount to try and get the 75k bonus on each? I just want to make sure that attempting to do so will not get one (or both) accounts cancelled and nullify this whole process. If both cards are at the same address, will either Citi or AA realize that there could be an issue here?
I would activate from the same phone number simply because ANI may source your call to a rep since the number won't match what is on the account. The problem I see here is getting 2 FF accounts setup from never having one before. Just make 2 separate calls, maybe on different days. You are allowed 2 personal cards, 1 amex, 1 visa. But I think as long as you don't have a rep notice it then it's going to slide given you meet the spending requirements on each.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Activate them both on separate calls. You'll get both bonuses. Citi won't do anything, AA doesn't care (your cards are with Citi, not AA)

The only possible glitch is if you did NOT give Citi an existing AA account number. If you didn't, and they have to setup the account for you, they may give you 2 different accounts (it's unlikely). If they do, you call AA and have them merged, explaining the credit card company made an error and created a new account for you (no need to explain why)

And there isn't a '2 personal card limit' with Citi. You can have as many as you can get past their monitoring.
Old May 1, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ecruz010
I applied for the 75K Visa using the link. Had to call to the phone number they gave me to get the approval, but it worked!. I applied for the Amex, should I call the phone number again? or should i wait and let them decide?
Guys just wanted to let you know that I was Approved for the Amex AA too today!

Add this as another data point:

I have had a citi forward card since April 2009 , which I still use every month.

Applied for a Citi AA Amex(30K bonus) in May 2009 and was Approved(24 Months ago)

Closed the same AA Amex on May 2010(12 Months Ago)

Applied for a Citi AA Visa(100k offer) on August 2010(9 months ago) and was denied.

Applied for Citi AA personal Visa/Amex today, called Citi, was approved for both!(I made two different phone calls of course)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.