[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by dinosims
If you named the company the exact same as your name, you can send in two utility bills (gas and electric) both in your name. That's what I did, and Citi was ok with that.
+1. Same thing for myself and my wife.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:56 am

Hi, everyone. I got the Citi AA personal master card and business visa card deal in last September. Is there any possibility that I can get the new deal? If yes, is there any consensus on which card I should try, the personal one or the business one? Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:27 am

Hello Everyone

Long time lurker here on the forums and I just registered. I just did two personal applications for Citi AA for both Amex and the Visa card. I submitted both applications at the same time and when I received approval for both cards. However when I printed the page out for both the approvals I realized that both approvals were for American Express cards. Has anyone had this happened to them before? Should I app again for the Visa card or will that prove to be not fruitful?

Does anyone know if I can call in now to get my CC# and expiration date and start using the card today?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by onechionly; Jan 24, 2011 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by RedLancer
Hi, everyone. I got the Citi AA personal master card and business visa card deal in last September. Is there any possibility that I can get the new deal? If yes, is there any consensus on which card I should try, the personal one or the business one? Thanks a lot in advance!
Only one person who got both personal and business last fall (4 months ago) has reported success in getting another personal recently (I think it was Stoughton if you want to search back). Several others have reported failure. If you go for it, let us know how it turns out. If you want to try maybe the most promising (meaning a little hope) might be to close your business card, wait a while, then try for the MC business card. One person was able to do that but he got the first business card back in May and closed it in July. Then got the second business card in January. So there is more of a gap there than 4 months, more like 8 months since getting the previous card. Don't know if it was the gap of 8 months, something about the MC application, or happenstance. Perhaps it is a combination of several factors. Does not look churnable at this point. Some who got cards in late 2009, early 2010, and were then denied in late 2010 for the newer offers, are beginning to be approved. Perhaps it is possible to repeat once per year or so. Not clear at this point.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by onechionly
I just did two personal applications for Citi AA for both Amex and the Visa card. I submitted both applications at the same time and when I received approval for both cards. However when I printed the page out for both the approvals I realized that both approvals were for American Express cards. Has anyone had this happened to them before? Should I app again for the Visa card or will that prove to be not fruitful?

Does anyone know if I can call in now to get my CC# and expiration date and start using the card today?

Yes, others have had glitches where they got two visa's or two amex. I don't recall if anyone got three or more due to this. If you applied today you can try again and the new inq will be combined with the previous so it won't hurt you any. Either you will get the card, or a denial for multiple apps, or a denial for first time only.

I don't recall anyone reporting that they called and were able to use the card the same day.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ddallas
Yes, others have had glitches where they got two visa's or two amex. I don't recall if anyone got three or more due to this. If you applied today you can try again and the new inq will be combined with the previous so it won't hurt you any. Either you will get the card, or a denial for multiple apps, or a denial for first time only.

I don't recall anyone reporting that they called and were able to use the card the same day.
Thank you very much. I applied again for the Visa and I was instantly approved again same credit limit as the Amex. Now I am wondering if I will get 2 cards or 3 cards.

I applied using the expired links for the $1500 spending to get the miles. I want to call the CSR to confirm that the $1500 is the amount I need to spend to get the card. Should I do this now or when I receive the cards? I am afraid if I call now they will see multiple apps and cancel the extras.

Thank you for all your help.

Last edited by onechionly; Jan 24, 2011 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:59 am

Thank you very much. I applied again for the Visa and I was instantly approved again same credit limit as the Amex. Now I am wondering if I will get 2 cards or 3 cards.

I applied using the expired links for the $1500 spending to get the miles. I want to call the CSR to confirm that the $1500 is the amount I need to spend to get the card. Should I do this now or when I receive the cards? I am afraid if I call now they will see multiple apps and cancel me extras.

I'm thinking you might get three cards from what you described. I'd wait till I had the cards in hand before contacting Citi. With Citi, if you get the physical cards, you will get the promo. What will you gain by calling now? Wait till you get whatever cards you get, then you can set them up online and send a secure email for each card separately asking to verify the promo offer. That way you will have it in writing.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter

You will probably get all three cards. You may the first person who has applied for two different cards the same day AND gotten a "mistake" extra card, but my hunch is that you will get all three. Please report back after you get your cards.
and definitely no reason to call Citi until your cards arrive.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
You will probably get all three cards. You may the first person who has applied for two different cards the same day AND gotten a "mistake" extra card, but my hunch is that you will get all three. Please report back after you get your cards.
and definitely no reason to call Citi until your cards arrive.
No he isn't the first one who applied 2 different cards but wound up having 2 same cards. This sometimes happens with people's browser cookie set-up. It has this possibility loooooong time (I would say for several years) with Citi app process.

You either use a different browser to do the simultaneous app, or do change some setting on your browser so the cookie would be different for each app... to avoid having this glitch from happening.

Upthread many months ago this issue have been discussed.

No big deal. OP would most likely get 3 cards. He should NOT call now until he has physical cards in hand, and activate them on SEPARATE phone calls. If he is still a worryward, then send secure emails separately once he registers all cards online.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:21 pm

Here's my situation. Back in December, I applied for the Visa $4k/75k promo and got it. It's the first credit card I've had since I got a crappy card for about a year in college 8+ years ago. I was wary of getting the Amex because I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle spending $4k on both cards in 6 months (and I didn't know about the $1.5k promos).

Here I am, a week after paying my first bill, and it's over $2,000. Now I'm positive I'd be able to do the spending on both cards to get the miles. The problem is whether I'd be accepted for the Amex card. I'm guessing not, from what it sounds like. Should I even try? My credit score has dropped about 30 points and is now under 700 because the +$2k I charged last month is on my credit (checked Credit Karma).

The reason I want the miles is my soon-to-be wife and I will be travelling the world next year and I'm trying to get the costs down. Don't even ask about her getting a card; her credit score is in the low 500's!

Any advice?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by prometheusg
Any advice?
Yes, don't marry her. At least don't give her a credit card in your name. Maybe start by giving her pre-paid credit cards so you can really monitor how she handles her money. Tell her she will get a nice allowance and she will have to learn to budget her money - oh, you wanted advice on the credit cards. Try applying for a business card but you won't get another personal card.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:41 pm

Haha! Thanks. :-P Unfortunately, she's the one paying for our jaunt around the world, lol.

Anyway, I thought about getting the business card, but I thought a higher income or credit score was needed for that one. Since my credit score dropped under 700, I'm worried I'll be declined. Are the credit score requirements the same for the business card as the personal cards?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:57 pm

Multiple cards, one online account?

Hey guys,

Having a great time learning how to rack up some miles!

I did the Citi 75,000 mile offer in early Jan, have received mastercards and am working on putting $1500 on them.

Amex cards were also approved same day, and just arrived the other day. I'm going to activate them tonight so I'll be ready to use them as soon as I hit $1500 on the first card.

I setup online access for my first card, and I see I can link the cards together into one online account. Will it hurt anything to do this... or should I setup a separate online account with citi for each card just to be safe?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: Lotz
Visa seems to be the hardest as it's a signature card (minimum 5K credit line).

Business seems easiest, especially since they usually start out with low limits and aren't subject to the new federal rules.

Where are people finding all these 75K Mastercards?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Long time lurker here on the forums and I just registered. I just did two personal applications for Citi AA for both Amex and the Visa card. I submitted both applications at the same time and when I received approval for both cards. However when I printed the page out for both the approvals I realized that both approvals were for American Express cards. Has anyone had this happened to them before? Should I app again for the Visa card or will that prove to be not fruitful?

You probably didn't clear cookies between apps. You could get lucky and be seeing 3 cards and bonuses!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.