Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:12 am

Just an update, I received a letter today saying I already am a cardholder and cannot receive the Amex as I already have the Visa (applied one month ago). Should have applied for both at the same time.

D-oh.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:21 am

"IRS Form"

I just got off the phone and apparently they are sending me some "IRS form" that I just need to sign or something. I am guessing it is a Form 4506T so they can grab my tax documents. This is for a business card. Now my question is does this mean I have gotten past the filter for previous AA business cards, or can I still get denied after supplying this? I am not really sure I want to provide such info unless they will for sure approve me. Also, this tax form will only show about 100k in annual income (2009 taxes) vs. the 200k I showed on the form and will be paying taxes on in 2011. I am just trying to decide if it is worth providing them this info.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: USAirways CP
I've been trying to go through this thread and can someone confirm the following:

1. The 75K bonus expired on 12/31/2010 but if you call up you can still get it?
2. You can sign up for two AA credit cards (American Express and a Visa) when you call for the offer?
3. You will get 75K miles per card for a total of 150K miles (assuming I spend $1500 per card within 6 months?
4. I've never had an AA credit card so I should qualify under a new account (I'm guessing even though I have other AmExp cards such as the Starwood one that shouldn't matter).

Is that basically the short summary of this offer?

I don't fly AA but 150K miles beat any other offer out there that I currently see. I could easily combine those miles with a few miles from my Diners Club account and get a couple of business class tickets to Europe.

Sorry if I'm repeating the obvious.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by gmangg
Now my question is does this mean I have gotten past the filter for previous AA business cards
I don't recall anyone in this thread being asked to document income and then receiving the "first time only" denial.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by richinaz
I've been trying to go through this thread and can someone confirm the following:

1. The 75K bonus expired on 12/31/2010 but if you call up you can still get it?
No one has reported not getting it due to expiration. Look back a few pages and you will see much success.
2. You can sign up for two AA credit cards (American Express and a Visa) when you call for the offer? I wouldn't try to do two on the same call. You are only supposed to be able to get one bonus. Applying for two separately but on the same day apparently is enough to get around that.
3. You will get 75K miles per card for a total of 150K miles (assuming I spend $1500 per card within 6 months? Yes
4. I've never had an AA credit card so I should qualify under a new account (I'm guessing even though I have other AmExp cards such as the Starwood one that shouldn't matter). Correct.

Is that basically the short summary of this offer? Yes
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got off the phone and apparently they are sending me some "IRS form" that I just need to sign or something. I am guessing it is a Form 4506T so they can grab my tax documents. This is for a business card. Now my question is does this mean I have gotten past the filter for previous AA business cards, or can I still get denied after supplying this? I am not really sure I want to provide such info unless they will for sure approve me. Also, this tax form will only show about 100k in annual income (2009 taxes) vs. the 200k I showed on the form and will be paying taxes on in 2011. I am just trying to decide if it is worth providing them this info.
Your issue is the income verification issue.

Since your 2010 income is twice as 2009, you need to provide some sort of interim documentation other than the 2009 tax return which obviously would raise more questions on your "stated" income.

Besides if your 2010 tax liability is that much more, you would have to pay quarterly estimate taxes throughout 2010 anyway.

Write them a letter, together with the proof of your 2010 income and the signed paperwork to agree that Citi can pull your 2009 tax return.

Without the additional information on 2010 income even though not requested by Citi at the initial request, you may be denied because the "stated" income is twice as the "proved" income as reported in 2009 tax return.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Your issue is the income verification issue.

Since your 2010 income is twice as 2009, you need to provide some sort of interim documentation other than the 2009 tax return which obviously would raise more questions on your "stated" income.

Besides if your 2010 tax liability is that much more, you would have to pay quarterly estimate taxes throughout 2010 anyway.

Write them a letter, together with the proof of your 2010 income and the signed paperwork to agree that Citi can pull your 2009 tax return.

Without the additional information on 2010 income even though not requested by Citi at the initial request, you may be denied because the "stated" income is twice as the "proved" income as reported in 2009 tax return.
Basically it was all a bonus from my employer. In any case, I think I can deal with this crap, as long as they will not deny it because I had a previous card at some point.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:40 pm

I know people have said you cannot churn these cards, but I thought that was for the personal ones, right? I should cancel the business after getting the bonus, wait at least the 90 days if not more and try the business again?

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
For those people who are applying for multiple business cards - do you cancel the current business card that you have before applying for the new one?

I applied for a business card with 75k in October and just completed the spend. Am wondering if I can try for another business card sometime in February. Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:03 pm

I know people have said you cannot churn these cards, but I thought that was for the personal ones, right? I should cancel the business after getting the bonus, wait at least the 90 days if not more and try the business again?
Maybe you could get the Business MC 40k offer. From the other thread...
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Someone in another thread said that the difference may be that while personal accounts are only for 1st time AA cardholders, business account offers state they are for those who have not had nor applied for a business AA card in 90 days.

However when I was rejected for the business Visa in October as a prior cardholder I had not had a business card in over 90 days. When I was approved for the business MC last week it had been short of 90 days since the rejected business application. Also when I got a personal Citi AA AmEx last May I currently held the personal bronze AA MC.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basically it was all a bonus from my employer. In any case, I think I can deal with this crap, as long as they will not deny it because I had a previous card at some point.
They wont deny you on the First Timer because if they do, it would not even get to this point, i.e. request proof of stated income.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Seeking Guidance (aka Hoping Your Guess is Better Than Mine)

Having read through all 3500+ posts over the last 5 months, I am ready to, again, take a shot at this offer, but would really apprecaite any ideas that anyone has to improve my chances.

In August I applied for a single business card and was rejected due to the newness of my business. I actually followed up with snail mail, but got no resposne and dropped it because, in fact, the business was quite new.

I did not apply for any personal cards because I was scared off by the "First Timers Only" language.

With only a few weeks to go, I feel like I need to take another shot. I have had a Citi Platinum Select Aadvantge Visa Signature card for several years, but that is my only Citi card. It has a $20,000 credit limit (which I would be happy to reduce).

What should I do? Personal Amex? Amex and Visa? MC? Try for business again?

TIA.

xlax
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Has anyone been able to churn the 75K cards?, 30K yes in the past, but I havent read anything recent about churning the 75k offer.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xlax
Having read through all 3500+ posts over the last 5 months, I am ready to, again, take a shot at this offer, but would really apprecaite any ideas that anyone has to improve my chances.

In August I applied for a single business card and was rejected due to the newness of my business. I actually followed up with snail mail, but got no resposne and dropped it because, in fact, the business was quite new.

I did not apply for any personal cards because I was scared off by the "First Timers Only" language.

With only a few weeks to go, I feel like I need to take another shot. I have had a Citi Platinum Select Aadvantge Visa Signature card for several years, but that is my only Citi card. It has a $20,000 credit limit (which I would be happy to reduce).

TIA.

xlax
Since your Visa is several years old, your chance of getting another pair of personal cards is quite high because you are not on the filter list. At a minimum you could try the AMEX, or better yet, AMEX and MC together if you are not comfortable of trying Visa.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuel
Has anyone been able to churn the 75K cards?, 30K yes in the past, but I havent read anything recent about churning the 75k offer.
Have you actually read this thread?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by xlax

Since your personal has been open for several years, odds are that you will not get a "first timer only" denial if you apply for either or both the personal AMEX and the Visa business card. Since you have not applied for any Citi cards since August, you could do both of those applications on the same day with no need to wait. It would be two pulls because the personal and the business pull separately and won't merge into one because they don't show up as being from the same creditor.

So for two pulls my guess is you could get two bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.