[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Got the initial AAdvantage MC card in Nov 2009. Never closed the account
So it was just over 1 year.

And it was a Mastercard still open.

If MC were a totally different animal it shouldn't have mattered in Oct. so it must be because it was over 1 year and a MC. (Others with prior Visa/Amex's even at a year have gotten rejected).

Thank you so much!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I think it also helped that iqbalt80 did not churn Citi AA cards in the past.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:12 pm

If we could only figure out what Citi considers churning.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
The last few posts have gotten my interest. I have an MC from July 2010 and business Visa from October. I was denied on the 75k/1.5k personal visa in October w/ the previous cardholder line. I may try on the 75k/4k personal amex (just to switch things up) soon.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by tassojunior
If we could only figure out what Citi considers churning.
Well, my sense of things is that folks who keep their cards after one year and who use their card for more than just the minimum have a better chance of being approved for additional cards than folks who cancel within a year and do the minimum spend.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:40 am

Well I'm a hybrid.

I've had a bronze AA MC for 25 years and used it a lot.

But in May I got a personal AmEx and biz Visa, did the spend, got the miles and cancelled both in July. In October I was persona-non-grata in both personal and biz.

Now in Jan. I'm clean enough with biz at least for a biz MC but wonder if personal is so forgiving. And really doubt they'd give me a personal Visa even tho I've never had one.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Well I'm a hybrid.

I've had a bronze AA MC for 25 years and used it a lot.

But in May I got a personal AmEx and biz Visa, did the spend, got the miles and cancelled both in July. In October I was persona-non-grata in both personal and biz.

Now in Jan. I'm clean enough with biz at least for a biz MC but wonder if personal is so forgiving. And really doubt they'd give me a personal Visa even tho I've never had one.
tasso, did you use a different name for the business and/or was it a new tax ID number?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
tasso, did you use a different name for the business and/or was it a new tax ID number?
Same name (mine-it's a sole prop.) and same id # (my ssn)
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
I think it also helped that iqbalt80 did not churn Citi AA cards in the past.
I am inclined to think so.

Until a heavy hitter in the past posts some success I am leaning to the pessimistic side...
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:12 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
If applying for two personal cards does this have to be done on the same day or can there be an interval of a couple of days? I was shut off in 2009 but was just successful, yesterday, with the 75k/4k visa and would like to try the Amex but not if the chances are slim. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Judging by previous posts chances are positively anorexic.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ned
If applying for two personal cards does this have to be done on the same day or can there be an interval of a couple of days? I was shut off in 2009 but was just successful, yesterday, with the 75k/4k visa and would like to try the Amex but not if the chances are slim. Thanks
Should have gone for the AMEX yesterday. I don't know how or when Citi systems update but from posts in this thread I would say your chances are near zero for multiple personal cards if you don't apply for both on the same day.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:46 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Thanks for the help. I will be happy with 75k for now.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any other "October rejects" feel like testing the water with a new personal app?

I got rejected in the fall for the personal card, but approved for the biz card. I'd like to apply for another card here, but would love some more anecdotal results before I submit the app.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any other "October rejects" feel like testing the water with a new personal app?

I got rejected in the fall for the personal card, but approved for the biz card. I'd like to apply for another card here, but would love some more anecdotal results before I submit the app.
Hay, were like twins, exactly the scenario with me, denied personal, approve biz, in Oct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.