Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by booyaa
Whats step 3? I was instantly approved for Amex and Visa but got Gold visa card instead of Signature visa card. Guess thats what happens when credit "worthiness" isn't good enough for Signature, whatever that means, probably about my income level since I'm only student, but I still have many accounts and above average score. Not sure what determines instant approval or not.

Side note, anyone get "downgraded" to the Gold card too? Did the offer stand and get posted (after meeting requirements) ok?
I was denied for the Amex 2 weeks ago due to "insufficient credit references" Credit Karma has me at 758. Then last week, I applied for Chase Priority Club Visa and was approved for a good credit line. I am wondering if I should just take a chance and try the Visa even if I get downgraded to a Gold as I could care less about the fancy Signature benefits. This would be the 3rd hit in one month though, not sure what that will do to my Fico but the promo expires the end of the month. Based on other postings I don't think I will get a Business Visa, I have a Zazzle Store (logoed t-shirts, postcards, mugs, etc) but it's all online and no confirmable address or bank account.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:35 pm

Just got my SSN yesterday with no job now. Do you think I can apply for this card? Any advice?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by booyaa

Side note, anyone get "downgraded" to the Gold card too? Did the offer stand and get posted (after meeting requirements) ok?
can't confirm right now whether miles posted or not. I think he is in middle of spending requirement.But my friend got gold,called to confirm and was told 75000 miles offer on gold card.

Dracs
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by dracs
can't confirm right now whether miles posted or not. I think he is in middle of spending requirement.But my friend got gold,called to confirm and was told 75000 miles offer on gold card.

Dracs
thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jrey
Just got my SSN yesterday with no job now. Do you think I can apply for this card? Any advice?
Need a lot more information. Since you just received your SSN, what credit / employment history do you have?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: AA, USAIR, SPG, HYATT, IHG
Probably posting in wrong place but I am so frustrated!
Wife and I both applied for the 75000 Visa. Wife approved and I heard nothing. Called yesterday and was told I was denied due to my Equifax report and high balances. Got my report from Equifax and I have very good credit. Score 797 no late payments ever, highest credit card balance is $90 which is not late.
I am in the 6 figure bracket, no mortgage. House was paid cash and I took out an equity loan - that is the only balance I owe (at 3% I could use the deduction) - so I assume this is the high balance??? Montly payment of this "high balance" is under $850 a month.
Oct 31st is fast approaching and I really wanted to get in on this deal. Does it pay to send a letter to Citibank questioning this decision or am I just out of luck? I have not yet received my letter declining me however I am going on vacation and will not be back until after the 31st. I feel like applying for the 50/50 card but I am afraid they will still decline. Unreal -and still in shock I was declined. No other recent pulls on my credit.
Thanks for your help
GA
PS...my wife is a joint owner of the equity loan and she was instantly approved
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Page 1
That is the application not the offer page. If you look above at the 50k and 75k offer, you will see an offer page. There is not one there for the 100k offer. The link goes to the app with no statement of program.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Sounds like a mistake. This is a good kind of reason to ask for reconsideration.

I suggest you call and politely talk to someone in the credit department person to person, politely tell them you're frustrated and disappointed, you have your credit report in front of you and the reasons cited don't seem to make sense, and you'd really like the card.

Based on my experience asking for reconsideration from Chase, I think calling works better than a letter because it gives you a chance to make a more human connection -- if you can be polite and keep calm.

Originally Posted by GA37
Probably posting in wrong place but I am so frustrated!
Wife and I both applied for the 75000 Visa. Wife approved and I heard nothing. Called yesterday and was told I was denied due to my Equifax report and high balances. Got my report from Equifax and I have very good credit. Score 797 no late payments ever, highest credit card balance is $90 which is not late.
I am in the 6 figure bracket, no mortgage. House was paid cash and I took out an equity loan - that is the only balance I owe (at 3% I could use the deduction) - so I assume this is the high balance??? Montly payment of this "high balance" is under $850 a month.
Oct 31st is fast approaching and I really wanted to get in on this deal. Does it pay to send a letter to Citibank questioning this decision or am I just out of luck? I have not yet received my letter declining me however I am going on vacation and will not be back until after the 31st. I feel like applying for the 50/50 card but I am afraid they will still decline. Unreal -and still in shock I was declined. No other recent pulls on my credit.
Thanks for your help
GA
PS...my wife is a joint owner of the equity loan and she was instantly approved
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Page 75 too
Page numbers don't really help much. My page 75 and your page 75 can show different things depending on my personal settings. A post number is much more helpful. However, when you click on the link does it go to the app or the page that shows what the offer is and then a click to the offer?

I do appreciate the offer to help me find it though. I am going to try to reset my settings a few times to match up to yours. Thanks.

Last edited by EasternTraveler; Oct 19, 2010 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
That is the application not the offer page. If you look above at the 50k and 75k offer, you will see an offer page. There is not one there for the 100k offer. The link goes to the app with no statement of program.
Read post number two.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:37 am
Suspended

There is no 100k "offer" page, just the applications
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by aFlyer1
So I applied for a Business Visa card and got an email saying they can't approve because I have submitted multiple applications for credit. I applied for the personal visa back in Sept and got approved. Hubby applied and got approved for both even though they were applied for about a month apart as well. What's going on? It's a legit business with EIN number and everything... should I call Citi and see if they can look into it again? Before these cards, I hadn't signed up for a credit card in a few years... I've got great credit too.
Just called citi and they verified that I was denied a Citi Business Card because I just got approved for the Citi Visa personal card. Reading all the previous posts, I thought the personal and business were two separate things and everyone was getting approved for both. Anyone else have this happen recently? Is Citi finally catching on and closing this down? My husband was approved for both instantly. I have to call back later in order to speak to a supervisor... what do you think my chances are of them reversing their decision?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Page numbers don't really help much. My page 75 and your page 75 can show different things depending on my personal settings. A post number is much more helpful. However, when you click on the link does it go to the app or the page that shows what the offer is and then a click to the offer?

I do appreciate the offer to help me find it though. I am going to try to reset my settings a few times to match up to yours. Thanks.
Direct to application page...it's post #1113 and as others have stated, there is no 100k (or 50k/50k) landing page that I've seen yet.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by johndeere19
it's post #1113 and as others have stated
Post #2 is much easier to find.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:30 am

Smile

Just signed up for the 50/50 Visa, got instant approval, very excited to get these miles which I hopefully will use for my upcoming honeymoon, thanks all for the helpful advice in this thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.