[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by ramosz83
Does anyone know when the 6months to earn the bonus starts? I know it says 6 months, but is it from activation date or approval date. I have to spend up my cards and we will start using my wifes visa but want to get the amex and start using it 2 months down the road without missing the deal.

Thanks for your help.
Approval date. They can give you the exact dates when you call in to activate.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Here's a tip and story for those that ever get this message from Citi and declining new credit card.

The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are currently restricted.

Turns out I had a visa simplicity card that I opened in college back in '93. I used it a lot probably until early 2000's. In 2008 they closed it for inactivity and put this restricted code on my SS number.
had to call 4 different people before supervisor approved application manually and removed this "ugly" code on my closed account.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:58 pm
Suspended

6 months starts from date you applied or got approved.

Can you share how you spend the $4000 spend requirements?
thanks
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:23 pm

Anyone apply for the business card with 4,000 spend that is under question? Can anyone confirm it still works?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by jonny1
6 months starts from date you applied or got approved.

Can you share how you spend the $4000 spend requirements?
thanks
Use for all your expenses for the next six months. Lots of ideas in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nt-2011-a.html
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, US, HA, AL
worked for me

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
So Biz AA 1.5K/4K all dead now? If you didn't get approved by 9/30, your app is voided? My 90 day wait is almost done and will be very disappointed to miss the extra 75K AA miles.
i just applied for the personals (citi visa, amex) and was approved for both. i hope you are wrong, i would like that one too.

Last edited by jujujoint; Oct 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm Reason: error
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyerstan
Anyone apply for the business card with 4,000 spend that is under question? Can anyone confirm it still works?
If you read back through the last 4 or 5 pages it looks like it was working for sure until about 10/1 and now it is iffy and is not looking good. The last few pages of the thread are the latest info from those that have applied in the last couple days.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I went through all the awayX and flyX links this morning, these were the best ones:

fly6.citicards.com (50K after $2500 in 4 months, no 1st year annual fee, 2 lounge passes, 2x miles on AA purchases for 1st year)
away6.citicards.com (45K after $2500 in 4 months, no 1st year annual fee, $100 credit on AA purchase, 2x miles on AA purchases for 1st year)
away7.citicards.com (30K after $1K in 4 month, 30K more after $10K in 12 months, no 1st year annual fee)
Originally Posted by particlemn
American Airlines / Citicard 50,000 miles sign up bonus

I know this one is not as good as the 75k sign up but this one does not expire until November 30, 2011 and the Business card link works.

Landing page:
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...905BAE811FAFC8
Thank you nabeelj and particlemn for these links and thanks again to nabeelj for the spend clarification. Not quite 75K but still very nice.

I tried to submit an application through the 50,000 link but the application page automatically closes after about 75 seconds. This happened 3 different times, even after rebooting the computer. I tried another https Citi application page, same thing happened. This is the message I see after the pages close:
For your protection, sessions are open for a limited period of time on our website. If you already received a confirmation page for your application, your request has been received. Otherwise, any information you entered was not captured. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

NOTE: Your browser might also limit secure connection time, and automatically log you out independent of our timeout procedure. To process this application, you must close your browser and open a new browser session.
Other https pages still stay open as long as needed, sometimes 10-15 minutes. Anyone else with the same problem? Anyone know why the Citi application pages close so quickly (too quickly to complete an application)? Think it can it be easily fixed?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:04 am

I just applied for the visa and the AmEx. I was approved for both. Now I just have to figure out how to check that the 75k miles promo is still working.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nexus99
I just applied for the visa and the AmEx. I was approved for both. Now I just have to figure out how to check that the 75k miles promo is still working.
Call them and ask. They can pull it up in the system.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I'm curious as well, considering all these rejections for "terms change" (unsure whether that is referring to the offer being pulled?). I was going to include the Citi AA Biz in my churn today, debating whether to use the 75K/$4K link or the 50K/$2.5K link (the latter has a landing page, so is still a current offer).
I ended up using the Biz 50K/$2.5K link, and got instant approval (with a paltry $1K limit). Last AA Biz card was approved for in late August 2010, and another one rejected in late March 2011.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by flyerstan
I applied for the buisness card early last week and was approved on-line. Received the card this week. When I called to activate I was transferred to a CS rep who confirmed 75K bonus after a 4K spend in 6 months.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: kjnc
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I tried to submit an application through the 50,000 link but the application page automatically closes after about 75 seconds. This happened 3 different times, even after rebooting the computer. I tried another https Citi application page, same thing happened.
This kept happening to me when using Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox, and had no such problem.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: kjnc
2 applications approved

I applied online yesterday (10/4) for both personal 75k/1.5k spend visa and personal 75k/4k spend amex. Both were marked application received. I called today (1-866-606-2961) with the application #s from yesterday and verified correct offer and got both approved after moving credit limit from previous citi cards.

I was worried, because I hadn't heard any successes in October, but can verify that the deal is still on. ^
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by TequilaTim
I applied for the buisness card early last week and was approved on-line. Received the card this week. When I called to activate I was transferred to a CS rep who confirmed 75K bonus after a 4K spend in 6 months.
So, no confirmed approvals on the Biz $4K since Oct 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.