Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by spellbound2
has anyone been approved for a personal citi amex after it says "in process"? My significant other was approved for the citi biz and had the in process page pop-up to the personal citi amex application... should we call and ask if they need more info? thanks!
Not a good sign. We got those as well. Generally speaking if you do not get an application number your application was shot down by the computer. The rep told me there is no way around it but to reapply and if you have two applications in a "period" then you would get shot down again.

He was not able to "tell me" but he was able to "encourage" me that if I waited 60 to 90 days it would be a good time to consider reapplying.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Batting 500

Looks like I got one and my wife got two.

Will look for other options in 90 days or so.

Great thread, thank you to everyone!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Member

Thanks Happy, you gave me a lot to think about with always paying with autopay.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Elusive
A colleague got an email from AA with the below text. Not sure if this was targeted:

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,500 in purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership1 — enough for select round-trip international travel awards
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
• Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases
• No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier
• AAdvantage® miles may never expire
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by mdggdm
Not a good sign. We got those as well. Generally speaking if you do not get an application number your application was shot down by the computer. The rep told me there is no way around it but to reapply and if you have two applications in a "period" then you would get shot down again.

He was not able to "tell me" but he was able to "encourage" me that if I waited 60 to 90 days it would be a good time to consider reapplying.
The business card can have issues getting approved. My business card was in process then approved after sending in more information, but no experience with the personal.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Darn, wife and I got denied (but figured so with the churn). Mortgage, 2X Chase Sapphired Preferred, 2X Amex PRG, 2X Amex Gold Biz. Apps for 2X Citi Biz wife denied for too many recent requests for credit and I got the "cannot verify address" error. Would have been nice!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:43 am

Strange letter from Citi -- offer dead???

Applied for Citi business card (Visa $1500 spend 2 weeks ago), sent in some extra docs and was waiting. This letter arrived over the weekend.

"Thank you for applying for the a CitiBusiness/AAadvantage card. We are writing to inform you, that while your card application was being processed, a program change was made that impacts all CitiBusiness/AAadvantage applications and cardmembers. Due to this change, we must decline your application and ask that you resubmit your application for an updated CitiBusiness/AAadvantage card offer, if you are still interested in this product.

Your business is very important to us, which is why we encourage you to reapply for our current offer available at www.citicards.com "

Does not specify what the changes are, though mentions only 1 mile per $1 for AA tickets instead of 2 miles per $1 for AA tickets is valid. For those who care about credit inquires, will there be another one?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:04 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Darn, wife and I got denied (but figured so with the churn). Mortgage, 2X Chase Sapphired Preferred, 2X Amex PRG, 2X Amex Gold Biz. Apps for 2X Citi Biz wife denied for too many recent requests for credit and I got the "cannot verify address" error. Would have been nice!
Why not fight it? You could probably get one biz app each approved thru reconsideration. (Address/phone in post 2)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Applied for Citi business card (Visa $1500 spend 2 weeks ago), sent in some extra docs and was waiting. This letter arrived over the weekend.

"Thank you for applying for the a CitiBusiness/AAadvantage card. We are writing to inform you, that while your card application was being processed, a program change was made that impacts all CitiBusiness/AAadvantage applications and cardmembers. Due to this change, we must decline your application and ask that you resubmit your application for an updated CitiBusiness/AAadvantage card offer, if you are still interested in this product.

Your business is very important to us, which is why we encourage you to reapply for our current offer available at www.citicards.com "

Does not specify what the changes are, though mentions only 1 mile per $1 for AA tickets instead of 2 miles per $1 for AA tickets is valid. For those who care about credit inquires, will there be another one?
What a bummer for you! I will tell you that during the time your application was pending, the offer DID change. You will see in post 2 the current offer is 75k miles for $4k spend. I would imagine there would be another credit pull but I can't be sure.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:09 am

It seems like because this was something that happened on their end you could fight to have your credit pull removed and to have them waive the 2 applications per 60 days rule.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I may be speculating but on Oct 1, the regulations changed where they need to know what is your income in addition to household income. With Chase, I did a recon with my wife's decline (Note: I got wife on phone this past Saturday Oct 1 to give Chase OK to talk to me as she doesn't like talking to CS on the phone) and the rep asked what her income is. I asked the rep to reallocate a portion of her CL on one of her other Chase cards to the Chase Saphire and got approved.

It may not be for the above reason but I wouldn't think one needs to redo an application for that reason. (and a new hard credit pull! )
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ksf45632
What a bummer for you! I will tell you that during the time your application was pending, the offer DID change. You will see in post 2 the current offer is 75k miles for $4k spend. I would imagine there would be another credit pull but I can't be sure.
That's not a change in offers. The $4k card was one of 3 available at the same time. The $1,500 offer ended, as did the $10k offer (long ago). The $4k is what's left.

If there's indeed an actual change to the program, it's likely something else.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
That's not a change in offers. The $4k card was one of 3 available at the same time. The $1,500 offer ended, as did the $10k offer (long ago). The $4k is what's left.

If there's indeed an actual change to the program, it's likely something else.
I believe if the applicant applied for the $1500 and it went away before his application was processed / approved - it would result to that latter - the offer he applied for is no longer available. The language is ambiguous but most likely means the $1500 offer is no longer available hence his application could not be processed. We have seen same thing happened before when the Personal Cards had the change such as the 100K was dropped.

For the $4000 offer he would need to re-apply (due to Citi's system) and most likely a new credit pull.

Going forward I suspect the offers would all require higher spending due to the banks have lost a lot of fee income after the new law(s) from many fronts so they have to make up for that anywhere they can. The first year fee waived might be the last line on the sand that may get crossed eventually if big banks stop their war to acquire prime customers.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:00 pm

So, I don't think I am getting anywhere with the Business card unfortunately.

I applied for the personal in August and was declined due to too few satisfactory credit reports which is silly since all of my accounts I currently have have no balances and are in pristine shape.

If I applied again Mid-October, so 60 days, would I have a shot? Since then I have gotten both a Sapphire Preferred and a Hilton AMEX.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by mdggdm

I wouldn't say the lack of an app number necessarily means anything. My wife and I both received the "further processing" and no application number and we both were approved. So much of anything with Citi seems inconsistent, so it's hard to tell. One can always call one of the numbers mentioned upthread to check status in the meantime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.