Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by iridium
i wonder if I should call and ask for the promo on my accounts. I got approved for both personal cards 2 days ago.
No, just be patient and wait for the cards to arrive. When they do, you can call in to activate and verify the bonus and spend requirements, it will be there.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:57 am

Just called Citi, guess they weren't kosher with my letter and supplied documents so I still need to send in something for my business. This may sound crazy, but if I registered a new business bank account under the name and supplied them with that do you think it would fly? Are they really just looking for an address verification and nothing more?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:25 am

New to this business credit card thing . . . just applied on line . . . new business. Have not received an email confirming receipt of the application though after completing the application, the screen did acknowledge that the application had been submitted. What is best protocol - do I wait to hear from Citi or call (not certain which #) to verify Citi's receipt of application, etc ??

In advance, thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I called to cancel my personal AA Citi Amex, as the $85 annual fee was due and I have other cards with more points bang for the buck. They offered to waive the fee if I made 5 purchases (of any amount) in the next three months.

Apologies if the retention offer has been posted before, but 646 pages is a bit much to wade through...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Well, SPG cards would be your best bet because it is the ONLY hotel points that can be converted to AA miles with a bonus instead of losing big...

As IkeEsq mentioned that there are SPG offers - 10K + 15K for $5K spend in 6 months. You can pick a person you like for a referral link, to help that person earns some referral bonus.

You need to add really fast because even if you get the card in hand by beginning of October, you literally have only 1 billing cycle to earn the bonus in time for the 12/01 cut off.

$100K to open a Fidelity brokerage account thru the AA 50K promotion offer. Miles posted pretty quickly once the $100K is deposited. There is a lengthy thread in this forum - First Post is your friend.

You can earn 20K by opening a Bank Direct AAdvantage checking account and deposit $200K - that would earn you 20K AA miles a month but since BD posts monthly earning at the beginning of the following month and it takes a week or more to open your account - this route may not work timeline wise.

I am afraid you are very late in the game and the other way to add more miles, well via putting lots charges on your newly acquired Citi AA cards should help too.
Thank you for the tips Happy. Do you know where I can find the referral link for SPG? I looked for it yesterday and was unsuccessful in finding it. Also tried to log into my SPG account but was unsuccessful.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by loganleelamson
Just called Citi, guess they weren't kosher with my letter and supplied documents so I still need to send in something for my business. This may sound crazy, but if I registered a new business bank account under the name and supplied them with that do you think it would fly? Are they really just looking for an address verification and nothing more?
They are very particular about what they accept

I called to confirm that they received everything. I sent a pay stub and an insurance bill, they said they only accept utility bills, god knows why, so I sent a sewage bill
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by Jaguar280
Thank you for the tips Happy. Do you know where I can find the referral link for SPG? I looked for it yesterday and was unsuccessful in finding it. Also tried to log into my SPG account but was unsuccessful.
Are you trying to be referred? If so, PM me your name and email and I'll send it right out. If you are trying to refer, it only shows up (from what I've seen) if you're logged into your SPG account on the right hand side of My Account.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
They are very particular about what they accept

I called to confirm that they received everything. I sent a pay stub and an insurance bill, they said they only accept utility bills, god knows why, so I sent a sewage bill
I just sent my EIN confirmation and to supplement my Bank Statement and Telephone bill which do not list my business and explained in the cover letter that both accounts were open prior to my business being opened so I haven't changed due to the scale of my business.

Hopefully that does it. I mean, if I need to register for a Business Checking account to get this...I will.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check your PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:40 pm

i was denied for too many credit inquiries, any chance to appeal that? If so, anybody have the best number to call?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:16 pm

just applied for just the visa. During the last step of application, it encountered error and ask to try again. So I call them and ask to check my application status. It was approved and it's confirmed that i get the 75k miles and first year waived
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:30 pm

If you are trying to refer someone else, log into your AmEx account and type "Referral" in the Search box. There is a link that allows you to refer others for any card you have with them.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cazic99
i was denied for too many credit inquiries, any chance to appeal that? If so, anybody have the best number to call?
I think this information from post #2 answers your questions:

5. If you have applied and did not get instant approval, "call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday, 1-866-606-2961"

6. If you are denied for not being a "first time cardholders", you are out of luck with no chance of reconsideration. If you are denied for reasons other than "only for first time cardholders", you can contact Citi through mail or phone and ask them to reconsider or negotiate your approval. If lower level CSRs say they can't help you, contact the following:

CitiBank Executive Review Department
P.O. Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Since it seems you avoided denial for being a first-time cardholder, I'd use the phone number in paragraph 5 to call and then, if denied again, escalate to the address listed in paragraph 6.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SWatson225
I may be over thinking my situation, but I am just trying to make sure that I do not mess up.

I received a Citi Visa card last year and got a 50k bonus which I thought was great until I found this forum.

On 08/15/11 I used the link here for the Citi Amex (75k bonus) was approved and just had the 75k bonus added to my AA account.

That puts me at 901K LT miles. I want to apply for the Citi Business Visa (never had one) but am not sure if I have to wait 65+ days or not.

If I have read correctly, it seems that you can apply for two cards within a 60 day period?

Therefore I would not need to wait for the 65+ days?

If I do wait (10/20/11), I might not be able to get the cards and meet the spend and have it added to my account prior to 12/01/11.

Thoughts?
Update: Unfortunately, the 1.5K Business Visa died before I pulled the trigger.

As it turns out I didn't need to wait the 65+ days. That was a mistake on my part. So I used the link to the 4K Business Visa on Tuesday night and just received the approval confirmation e-mail with a 1K credit limit. No additional information required other than the on-line application.

Now the challenge of making the 4K spend by 11/30/11 given that constraint.

I did call today and asked that they increase the line to 2K. They said they could not do anything until I received the card.

I have read where others on this Forum went to their local Citibank location and paid their bill with cash as to free up their credit line again before the normal billing cycle had ended. Hope that works.

As far as the application went, I went the sole proprietor route, as it seemed to meet the least resistance with Citi. I just used my name as the name of the business and the name on the card and my home address and phone number. Years in business (1). Number of employees (1-5). Line of Business (Service). Occupation (Executive). Annual Revenue ($25,000)

I also want to thank jcmitchell21 for 150K AA Miles and the chance to reach the 1MM mark before 12/01/11. Many, MANY Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Hi guys, hopefully one or more of you can answer my question. I applied for the personal Visa ($1500 spend) through the link on the 1st page of this thread. I got approved, but according to the letter I got from Citi today, it was only for a Gold AAdvantage card and not the Platinum Select one. (which I found bizarre since I have Platinum cards from other banks and an excellent credit score...)

Will I still get the 75k bonus after I spend $1500? I have a bunch of flights to purchase in the next couple of weeks, but if I'm not going to get the 75k bonus the gold card is not THAT worth it for me.

Sorry if this was answered before....no time to wade through 500+ pages. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.