[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
The $1500 Business card link worked fine for me at around 12PM EDT but it looks dead now Hopefully it is just temporary.
I just sent some supporting docs(Bank account and utility bill) last week.
Haven't heard anything yet.
If I get approve, will I only get 75K/$4,000 insted of 75K/$1,500?
What happened just after personal $1500 Amex link was dead?
If you get approved you will get the offer you clicked on.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
If you get approved you will get the offer you clicked on.
Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Shane Falco
didn't see this anywhere and sorry if it has been asked before...

Somehow, (250K+ miles later on other programs) I have never had an AA card nor an AAdvantage number. Would it be wise to sign up on the AAdvantage site for an AAdvantage number so I can enter those numbers into the CC applications? I am currently going through hoops of fire trying to get my British Airways points to post to my Executive club account because my Chase card didn't have my Executive club number on the bottom of it because I was never a member.

Just making sure I don't burn myself by signing up for an AAdvantage member number first.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Get the AA number first. It won't make a difference in terms of getting approval but it'll save you the trouble of having to determine the number that Citi sets up for you
Don't forget to enter HIS10 as the promotion code when you join AAdvantage to get your number. It will give you an additional 1000 miles (in a few months). Well, it worked last time I tried which was back March when I signed up my youngest daughter. Same code also worked 2 years prior to that when I signed up my oldest daughter...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:56 am
Suspended

2 questions,
1,Can the aadvantage miles be transfered from one account to a different account? let’s say my wife has 75k aadvantage miles earned from citi aadvantage visa card and i also have an aadvantage card with my own account. if i want to make international roundtrip and my point is not enough, can my wife transfer her miles to my aadvantage account for use?
2, i checked on the aadvantage travel site and typed roundtrip from US to Nepal, from is US, to KTM which is nepal, but it says THERE IS NO AMERICAN AIRLINES OR FLIGHTS BETWEEN THE TWO CITIES YOU SELECTED. but when i tye DELHI than it shows AA flights, anyway I can book roundtip to KTM nepal?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by jonny1
2 questions,
1,Can the aadvantage miles be transfered from one account to a different account? let’s say my wife has 75k aadvantage miles earned from citi aadvantage visa card and i also have an aadvantage card with my own account. if i want to make international roundtrip and my point is not enough, can my wife transfer her miles to my aadvantage account for use?
2, i checked on the aadvantage travel site and typed roundtrip from US to Nepal, from is US, to KTM which is nepal, but it says THERE IS NO AMERICAN AIRLINES OR FLIGHTS BETWEEN THE TWO CITIES YOU SELECTED. but when i tye DELHI than it shows AA flights, anyway I can book roundtip to KTM nepal?
1. Check the AA site for your answer
2. Check the route map on AA for your answer.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Hi everybody, I'm new to this credit card thing, I keep seeing all these things about 'Read Post #2 first' but does that mean the post that's named "#2" in this thread or does it mean the second one on this page? I read that one. Also is it possible that Post #2 might harm my computer? I was told not to do what anyone tells you to do online because it might be spam or phishing or something, also why is it called Post #2 if you're supposed to read it First? It sounds like a trick. Maybe they should rename it Post #1 to avoid confusion? Also I like to travel First Class on Miles so I generally avoid anything that says #2. Also is Post #2 an email from Nigeria? I was told to be especially careful with those, after I lost my life savings to one of them. Once burned, twice shy! Whoa Twice, is that why it's called Post #2? Sorry if someone asked these Q's before. Now everyone please be nice.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Read post #3 first but don't forget to read #4 twice and then go here ----> http://frugaltravelguy.com/
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pkerr
Read post #3 first but don't forget to read #4 twice and then go here ----> http://frugaltravelguy.com/
frugaltravelguy.com thats a nicee site with useful info, thanks
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, HH Gold, IHG Platinum. Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, United Silver
I was granted the AAdvantage American Express card but not the Visa. I got a message that I did not qualify as the offer was for first time AAdvantage card members only. Is there another option available? Seems so many have gotten both. If I were to cancel the AAdvantage AMEX card how long would it take for CITI to recognize me as a first time applicant? Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by gogih
I was granted the AAdvantage American Express card but not the Visa. I got a message that I did not qualify as the offer was for first time AAdvantage card members only. Is there another option available? Seems so many have gotten both. If I were to cancel the AAdvantage AMEX card how long would it take for CITI to recognize me as a first time applicant? Thanks
18 months.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by gogih
I was granted the AAdvantage American Express card but not the Visa. I got a message that I did not qualify as the offer was for first time AAdvantage card members only. Is there another option available?
Sorry, but no.

Originally Posted by Post #2
6. If you are denied for not being a "first time cardholders", you are out of luck with no chance of reconsideration.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Marsden
Hi everybody, I'm new to this credit card thing, I keep seeing all these things about 'Read Post #2 first' but does that mean the post that's named "#2" in this thread or does it mean the second one on this page? I read that one. Also is it possible that Post #2 might harm my computer? I was told not to do what anyone tells you to do online because it might be spam or phishing or something, also why is it called Post #2 if you're supposed to read it First? It sounds like a trick. Maybe they should rename it Post #1 to avoid confusion? Also I like to travel First Class on Miles so I generally avoid anything that says #2. Also is Post #2 an email from Nigeria? I was told to be especially careful with those, after I lost my life savings to one of them. Once burned, twice shy! Whoa Twice, is that why it's called Post #2? Sorry if someone asked these Q's before. Now everyone please be nice.
I didn't know this was a joke till the Nigeria part ..
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I didn't know this was a joke till the Nigeria part ..
I'm still not sure it is
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:57 am

What information do they usually ask for, when you apply for a business card?

Bank account, with your name, and a utility bill?

This will be my first business card application for my wife and I. I shouldn't have any problems, but we don't have any bills in my wife's name. She has a bank account, but utilities are all in my name and our mortgage uses her maiden name.

Any advise before I do this?
Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
What information do they usually ask for, when you apply for a business card?

Bank account, with your name, and a utility bill?

This will be my first business card application for my wife and I. I shouldn't have any problems, but we don't have any bills in my wife's name. She has a bank account, but utilities are all in my name and our mortgage uses her maiden name.

Any advise before I do this?
Thanks!
These are the things they may ask for if they can't verify the address of the "business" your wife has:

Agent: "We need two of:
1. Bank Statement
2. Telephone Bill
3. Utility Bill
4. Business License
5. Business Insurance
6. Articles of Incorporation

Does she have a separate telephone bill? I'd just say to make sure to have her apply with just her name as the business and hope that everything checks out. I made the mistake of doing otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.