Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nowornever
I got my first 2 cards last week. Usually it's for forst AA Citi customers only but this new 50K promo is for first Business AA Citi customres , this is why I was thinking to do 50K for my business. Or is it 2 apps per SS within 60 days on any Citi cards? Can I do business card without my SS and enter tax ID in the space where it asks for SS?
Why would you apply for the 50k when there're offers for 75k and 100k out there? If you're going to take a chance of getting denied (or approved), why not maximise your return?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:43 am

can I apply for both the "75K personal VISA" and "75K personal AMEX"?

-- BOOYAA POSTED :
-- Applied for "personal 75k Amex", instant approval, 4k limit.
-- Cleared cookies, applied for "personal 75k Visa", system error.
-- Tried again, same thing.
-- Cleared cookies AND cache, applied for personal 75k Visa, instant approval but is GOLD card instead of SIGNATURE card, 4k limit.

Does that mean that I can apply for both the "75K personal VISA" and "75K personal AMEX"?
This is a huge thread - so if someone can save me the time of digging thru this tonight I would appreciate it.
Note that my wife and I currently already have the "75K personal VISA" - but would be interested in the "75K personal AMEX" if that is an option.
If you have the "75K personal AMEX" link then send that along with the response.

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by pjhowe
--

Does that mean that I can apply for both the "75K personal VISA" and "75K personal AMEX"?
This is a huge thread - so if someone can save me the time of digging thru this tonight I would appreciate it.
Note that my wife and I currently already have the "75K personal VISA" - but would be interested in the "75K personal AMEX" if that is an option.
If you have the "75K personal AMEX" link then send that along with the response.

Thanks
first page of thread has link. from what i read, a second application at a later time will result in another hard credit inquiry, if that matters to you. you should be able to apply if you havent exceeded the 2 cards per 60 days Citi rule.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by learningtime
Applied for mom, 75K amex and 75K visa. She has limited credit history but mid 700s scores. One independent cap one, one secured BOA, and authorized user on some of my cards. Instantly approved for 75K amex with a 12K CL. Tried the 75K personal visa next, went to step 3.

What do you guys think? Any chances she will get the personal visa after step 3? Wonder how they roll this out, 12K CL for a first time citi card holder on the AMEX and no instant approval for the VISA. I know there's an issue with it being VISA Signature, but still...thoughts? Too soon to call them?
Whats step 3? I was instantly approved for Amex and Visa but got Gold visa card instead of Signature visa card. Guess thats what happens when credit "worthiness" isn't good enough for Signature, whatever that means, probably about my income level since I'm only student, but I still have many accounts and above average score. Not sure what determines instant approval or not.

Side note, anyone get "downgraded" to the Gold card too? Did the offer stand and get posted (after meeting requirements) ok?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
Whats step 3? I was instantly approved for Amex and Visa but got Gold visa card instead of Signature visa card. Guess thats what happens when credit "worthiness" isn't good enough for Signature, whatever that means, probably about my income level since I'm only student, but I still have many accounts and above average score. Not sure what determines instant approval or not.

Side note, anyone get "downgraded" to the Gold card too? Did the offer stand and get posted (after meeting requirements) ok?

I wish I had gotten downgraded to the Gold card but still got approved. Step 3 is when the decision is deferred but you don't see any reference number with a note to call in for approval. If you see a reference number with decision deferred, I think that is Step 5.

Is this still true? It was in the earlier stages of this deal (and this thread).

Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:36 pm

I have Exxonmobile Citi Platinum card. Do I have to cancel it before applying to AA Citi card? Thanks!

Last edited by JCary; Oct 18, 2010 at 1:43 pm
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JCary
I have Exxonmobile Citi Patinum card. Do I have to cancel it before applying to AA Citi card? Thanks!
No.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Where is the 100k offer page at?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Business app denied

My husband's business application was denied for "business too new for account" and "credit report has too few satisfactory accounts". I am the mileage chaser, which is why I am posting this, not him. His credit is stellar and was accepted immediately for the 75K Visa personaloffer. Also, he does have a legitimate business that was started earlier this year. I am working on a rebuttal to the denial.

My question: since the end of the month is closing in, is it best to email or snail mail? I am reluctant to snail mail as the end of the promo period is rapidly approaching. I know that shouldn't matter as the application was submitted during the promotional period.

Question 2: If email is the way to go, what is the email address for Citi? I looked on their website and did a google search to no avail. I am sure it is there and I am just plain missing it.

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:08 pm

I tried before the oct 31 expiration. I used to churn, but it's been like 8 months since i cancelled all my citi card. So gave it a shot anyway.

Applied for 100k, personal Visa, Amex and 100k Business Visa.

Business got instant approval.
Both personals got pending review message.
Personal Visa just came back with mail that stated that offer applies to first time applicant only. AmEx came back with you have submitted multiple applications for credit. Maybe I'll hit up AmEx again next year.

Hopefully business Visa at least come through.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Page 1
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Page 75 too
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Aitchly
Letters have a positive effect when the problem is credit related. It seems that you have not had an Citi-AA in the past (please correct if I assume incorrectly).

While jdw715 may get lucky with a reconsideration, non-first time applicants have (seemingly) little recourse.
Sort of. The denial was credit-related, but I already held a Citi AA Amex (making me an existing client, non-first-timer) for which I received 30K on signup-this would have been two or so years ago.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:19 pm

Went for a business 100K card after I got approved for both 75K personals over 60 days ago... didn't get instant approval, called up to see if I would, but they said they couldn't approve over the phone but will get notification within a couple of days... if not call their other #, so I'll do that on Thursday if I don't hear anything, would love to get 250K from this! My wife will not try her luck though for a 3rd after getting approval for the last 2 for a total of 150K (2 personals).
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by psp007
If I select sole proprietorship can I keep both the field amounts same?
IMHO with a sole proprietorship that second field would be only the 1099 portion of your income. Others have reported being granted cards even if that number was zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.