Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: Southwest CP/A & Hyatt Globalist - love both of these companies!
I have read 3/351 pages so don't get mad at me.

I am going to apply for the 75K personal card. I don't care at all about spending amount/timeframe to get the bonus.

Is there a quick link for the application page for the 75K offer? If there is an offer for a companion pass for spending 4K in a few months, that's the better offer for me.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
I've read back about 12 pages and am yet to actually find a link for the 75k visa offer....I can see on page one a link, however, when I click on it there is no mention of any miles ( 75k or 30k )...can someone please simply post a link I can follow to apply for the AA Visa. Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
100k offer

Originally Posted by juggler451
I'm surprised by how many people go for the 75k mile deal rather than the 100k mile deal. Just saying.
I wish I had seen the 100k offer... in fact, I have yet to find it on here. If I had known I would have looked as I need to make a 12-13k purchase soon and probably could have met the spending requirement.

Hopefully I end up with both 75k/1500 spend cards (VISA and AMEX). They were approved and I received an e-mail from Citi which indicated the last 4 digits of the account number. Once the cards arrive I will confirm the the 1500 spend. I guess 150k miles is good, but 175k would have been better.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by aragno
I wish I had seen the 100k offer... in fact, I have yet to find it on here. If I had known I would have looked as I need to make a 12-13k purchase soon and probably could have met the spending requirement.

Hopefully I end up with both 75k/1500 spend cards (VISA and AMEX). They were approved and I received an e-mail from Citi which indicated the last 4 digits of the account number. Once the cards arrive I will confirm the the 1500 spend. I guess 150k miles is good, but 175k would have been better.
I wish I could find the 100k promo....I'm itching to apply and happy to spend whatever they need....I just need a link....anyone?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was denied for a business card because:

"The credit report shows this business is too new to evaluate."

A cursory (but not thorough) search of this thread didn't show other people getting this reply, but if they're looking for a fictitious business on personal credit reports, it seems like this would be likely.

It has been several months since I applied for a personal Amex and 2 years since I applied for a personal Visa.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by grantsi
I wish I could find the 100k promo....I'm itching to apply and happy to spend whatever they need....I just need a link....anyone?
Everything you need is in the second post of this thread; jcmitchell21 has done a great job of keeping that post up to date with the latest links and information. Read that post carefully and all your questions will be answered.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:10 am

[QUOTE=grantsi;16286797]I've read back about 12 pages and am yet to actually find a link for the 75k visa offer....I can see on page one a link, however, when I click on it there is no mention of any miles ( 75k or 30k )...can someone please simply post a link I can follow to apply for the AA Visa. Thanks[/QUOTE

Goto first page forum #2, and the are link for each offer, read the rules before apply it, that is not page indicate the bonus but it is up to date. Many are success getting it.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by A-Train

I am going to apply for the 75K personal card. I don't care at all about spending amount/timeframe to get the bonus.

Is there a quick link for the application page for the 75K offer? If there is an offer for a companion pass for spending 4K in a few months, that's the better offer for me.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by grantsi
I've read back about 12 pages and am yet to actually find a link for the 75k visa offer....I can see on page one a link, however, when I click on it there is no mention of any miles ( 75k or 30k )...can someone please simply post a link I can follow to apply for the AA Visa. Thanks
I once read a very wise forum poster who suggested that for very long threads, read the first two pages and the last two pages of the thread--95% of the time, most of the information you need will be in those four pages (as is the case with this thread--is there a link? Post #2, page 1--is the offer still valid? Yes, from several posts on the last two pages). It's a pretty good rule of thumb.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA, US Air, Amex MR
Can confirm that I signed up and was approved for both 75k personal cards last week. Spoke with a CSR today and confirmed the bonus points even though the application page made no mention of the bonus.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by chodaddy
I'm not sure if this is still applicable, but I signed up for the 4k requirement promotion because it also included a free companion ticket, which is worth up to $650 for me for my Christmas travels.
I had them listed, but deleted it because companion passes are only usable in more expensive fare classes. It is commonly thought that they are worthless because you must pay 2x the price of a regular ticket to get the second free.

Originally Posted by scwam
Should I close my Personal Amex before applying for the Personol Visa next month? I opened the personal Amex in Oct. (I know, short chance of getting approved, but still wondering if closing existing personals changes anything).
Doesn't change anything. Don't apply for a personal, you will almost certainly be denied. Apply for the business card and you should have no reasons to be denied.

Originally Posted by A-Train

Thanks!
Companion pass is a waste of time

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I once read a very wise forum poster who suggested that for very long threads, read the first two pages and the last two pages of the thread--95% of the time, most of the information you need will be in those four pages (as is the case with this thread--is there a link? Post #2, page 1--is the offer still valid? Yes, from several posts on the last two pages). It's a pretty good rule of thumb.
+1
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I have the amex already...

From december, so if I were to apply for the Visa, would i still get the 75k bonus?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by dopey!
From december, so if I were to apply for the Visa, would i still get the 75k bonus?
Seriously!? read my post directly above yours. literally, the post above yours.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by ARM07470
Everything you need is in the second post of this thread; jcmitchell21 has done a great job of keeping that post up to date with the latest links and information. Read that post carefully and all your questions will be answered.
Still never found the 100k, however, did find the 75k Visa link at the bottom of the second post and applied accordinly. Thank you very much...I noticed that the offer reflected "expired but still works" so I am excited to see what happens. I went with the 4k over 6 month option...thanks again for your help.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21

50k/100k, Visa EXPIRED
50k/100k, Visa Business EXPIRED
50k/100k, Amex EXPIRED

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
• 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership
• 50,000 additional American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $10000 in purchases within 1 yr of cardmembership
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*

Because few people apply under this promotion, it is difficult to positively say whether the promotion is still valid. Presumably it still is as long as the apps are still working.
Seriously!? This was at the bottom of post #2
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Seriously!? This was at the bottom of post #2
We can lead them to the water but we cannot make them drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.