[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards

Can I expect to receive a 1099 for these bonus miles? I did not when I signed up for card with bonus miles in 2003 with Citi but curious about this offer (or what Citi does these days).
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by aragno
Can I expect to receive a 1099 for these bonus miles?)
No.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I've mentioned in several recent posts on this thread that you should look at post #2 on the first page for the most recent, viable links on this deal. When I applied, I never saw any page at Citi that mentioned the 75,000 mile promotion. I used only the link at post #2; I didn't call to confirm anything. The information mailed to me in my welcoming packet when I got the card did not mention the 75,000 mile bonus.

Tonight, however, I got confirmation that I received my 75,000 miles for meeting the $1500 spending requirement within six months of receiving the card. My second billing cycle closed Thursday. I knew I had met the spending requirement. I was pleased tonight when the miles posted.

My only regret is that I didn't go all the way and apply for two personal cards simultaneously as suggested in post #2. I'll make up for this with a business card, but I could have received 225,000 miles instead of 150,000 miles if I'd only had the faith in the accuracy of the information in post #2. I didn't when I applied for this card back in February because, like a lot of newbies, this all seemed too good to be true.

If you're a relative newbie, believe me when I say that no thread the length of this one continues without accurate updating. The "official" deadline for this deal has passed, but it is clear that the links at post #2 remain viable. I hope that one day I can provide information as valuable as the information in this thread has proven to be.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:38 am

Question Approved... now what?!

Okay.. so followed the links and was approved for AMEX and Visa.
Next question, what number can I call to confirm the "specs" of the accounts? or should I wait until the cards arrive in the mail?

-Tre
Old Apr 24, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Okay.. so followed the links and was approved for AMEX and Visa.
Next question, what number can I call to confirm the "specs" of the accounts? or should I wait until the cards arrive in the mail?

-Tre
I'll save you from having to read back through the thread to find the answer.

Wait for cards to arrive. Confirm offers when you call to activate. There is no reason to suspect there would be a problem so no need to call in the meantime.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have already received the miles from 2 personal cards. what are the chances that if i cancel them right now, and than re apply, that i would be approved again?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ekartash
I have already received the miles from 2 personal cards. what are the chances that if i cancel them right now, and than re apply, that i would be approved again?
ohhhh the old world of churning...

tis why I (A) cannot even GET any new Citi AA ccs anymore and shouldnt even bother hearing all the wonderful stories from this thread lol and (B) how I got much of my million AA miles.

Alas, what you ask cannot really be done anymore as far as I know, but hey, go for it.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:16 am
Suspended

Poor. The chances are poor.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by tima1212
Did you get 75K miles from your previous cards? Had you cancelled those previous cards? If so, how long ago did you cancel them?
I received 50k on previous cards

I have not cancelled any of the cards except 1 (still have 3 others)

I canceled the one card about 6-8 months ago
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Question for you cognoscenti...I just applied for a business and personal visa for my wife using the links in post 2 and she was instantly approved. That said, I had been hopping around a variety of credit card pages to see the benefits of various cards (but I never clicked through to another app), but I didn't clear my cache before filling out the applications.

I just tried to recreate where I had navigated before and it doesn't seem like my browsing behavior resulted in any cookies being deposited.

That said, should the CSR say I got the 30k offer when I call to veify tomorrow, do I have any recourse?

P.S. You guys might want to edit the second post to reflect the cookie issue...

Last edited by philemer; Apr 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm Reason: merged succesive posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
P.S. You guys might want to edit the second post to reflect the cookie issue...
What is this cookie issue you speak of?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:33 pm

What is this cookie issue you speak of?
It's something I've notice happen a lot with passwords and auto-population of emails address onto subscription services where I never entered that into the account. When you visit an application page, say for a 30k promo, a 30k cookie with offer information is downloaded into your temp file/cache as a cookie. Now when you go to the better offer for 75k, even though that cookie may also be placed there, the lower offer cookie may be identified by the web page in such a way to attach only the cookie with the 30k. Now your screwed, you submitted the app, and later find out about your 30k offer and the rep stands by his word that you applied for the 30k offer (as that's what they show on their side). This also may affect multiple applications on the same day and the reason to use two different browsers, or simply clear both cookies and cache (I'd reset the modem too).
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
It's something I've notice happen a lot with passwords and auto-population of emails address onto subscription services where I never entered that into the account. When you visit an application page, say for a 30k promo, a 30k cookie with offer information is downloaded into your temp file/cache as a cookie. Now when you go to the better offer for 75k, even though that cookie may also be placed there, the lower offer cookie may be identified by the web page in such a way to attach only the cookie with the 30k. Now your screwed, you submitted the app, and later find out about your 30k offer and the rep stands by his word that you applied for the 30k offer (as that's what they show on their side). This also may affect multiple applications on the same day and the reason to use two different browsers, or simply clear both cookies and cache (I'd reset the modem too).

Oh... I hope this hasn't happened to me. I did not clear my cache and cookies before applying (although I had NOT applied or visited any other offer pages). Additionally, I did not clear my cache and cookies between my Visa application and my AMEX application- which were both approved.

Should I call Citi and cancel anything or just wait? and if I wait and find out I have only the 30k offer, can I cancel and not have anything show up on my credit reports? Perhaps then I can at least open new accounts when a new offer comes around? or am I screwed?

Also, did anyone receive any time of "confirmation" or "welcome" or "congratulations" e-mail from Citi when your application was approved? or only the webpage saying "you are approved"?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:05 pm

FWIW I just got another personal, currently have business and have had 2 or 3 personal over the last 2 years that were canceled months ago.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
My wife got approved for the card and got the 75K miles after the required 4000 in spending.
FYI , she had other Citi cards active at the time of the new card approval.. I missed out by a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.