Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hello,

I just applied online for the personal Visa card and I was approved. Then I applied over the phone 20 mins later for the AMEX and I got declined. Do you think I should call and ask for reconsideration?
Is it because I got approved for the VISA first?

Thanks,
Ngls
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by remphish1
Just had the same thing happen. In everyone's experience how long until a decision is made?
They made my decision right on the phone.

Seems the problem was that their records had my address from waaaay back and there was a discrepancy when I applied this weekend. Call the number listed on the last page of the online application process and reference the application ID. They'll ask you some questions to verify identity and then most likely approve.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by johndeere19
90 days.
90 days between biz's with a few days cushion in case they go by a different calendar or billing cycles.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by akcae
They made my decision right on the phone.

Seems the problem was that their records had my address from waaaay back and there was a discrepancy when I applied this weekend. Call the number listed on the last page of the online application process and reference the application ID. They'll ask you some questions to verify identity and then most likely approve.
I just called and the lady told me to wait 7-10 business days....
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:40 pm

I love FT!!!! Thought this was over. Found out I just made it!

Applied for me & DH in summer. DH approved. I denied. Applied again in October. DH got Biz. I denied. Applied today on 2 machines for Visa ($1500)and AMEX personal ($4000). Both approved. Biz awaiting answer.

Perhaps I should have done the $4000 visa instead of the 1500 since that one wasn't expired and spending isn't my personal issue. But it seems like most have gotten the miles so hopefully it will be okay.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Diamond medallion, HHonors Diamond,
i just called the number listed, and they said there was nothing they could do to speed up the process. My application is in review, and will take 7-10 days....UGH!

If you're going to apply for the business card, do you have to have your own business, or does it count if you work for a business, but have to expense your business expenses, and then get reimbursed?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:27 pm

Expired Link but Works?

For all who applied for the 75K, are you using the link on the first page ( 75k, Visa /Visa Business) which are marked as EXPIRED, BUT WORKS? And then callback to confirm whether the promo is still valid? Somehow I can't find the details on that link and I don't want to make a mistake applying for a wrong card. Thanks!!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by susieling
For all who applied for the 75K, are you using the link on the first page ( 75k, Visa /Visa Business) which are marked as EXPIRED, BUT WORKS? And then callback to confirm whether the promo is still valid? Somehow I can't find the details on that link and I don't want to make a mistake applying for a wrong card. Thanks!!
Yes, use the links in post #2 (expired and non-expired). They all have worked for thousands of applications here.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Miles Posted

My 75,000 miles just posted for both the AA Visa personal & AA Amex personal, from the $1,500 links. Applied just three weeks ago for both, within minutes of each other, online, Amex first, got instant approvals on both. Did $1,500 spend on each, and just saw my miles post! 150,000! Woo-hoo! Thanks FT!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
That's the one I used just now. What number are you calling to confirm the promo details?

I got instant approval for the old link Visa 1.5k/75k and have futher review for the 4k/75k Amex and the old 1.5k/75k Biz card. I think I might have two applications in their system for the visa card because when I applied for the Biz card, I forgot that the citi system is funky and didn't change browsers/clear cookies, so at the end it just said I was approved for the same personal Visa which I had already been approved for. Then I went back and applied for the Biz Visa again and decided to apply for the 4k Amex for good measure. I'll be very happy if I'm approved for two but could settle for one card too.

I called 1-866-606-2961 for the applications on review but they need some application number starting with 201... and that they couldn't look it up with my SSN.

Last edited by abcx; Feb 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:04 pm

Ok, I just spoke to Citi at this number, 1800 645 724, and my personal and biz visa using the old 1.5k/75k links have been approved. They confirmed the promo on the phone too.

My 4k/75k Amex is still pending. Let's see if I get lucky and end up with 3 cards. The only problem then will be meeting the spend reqt.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I just applied for Visa 1.5k spend, instant approved, then AMEX $4k spend, instant approved!
The amex 1.5k spend link wasnt working for me so I did the 4K.

I opened the AMEX biz 75k card in Sept. 2010
I was denied for the Visa and AMEX in Sept. 2010

I did churn the citi for couple of years too!

Last edited by yuel; Feb 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by yuel
I just applied for Visa 1.5k limit, instant approved, then AMEX $4k limit, instant approved!
The amex 1.5k limit link wasnt working for me so I did the 4K.

I opened the AMEX biz 75k card in Sept. 2011
I was denied for the Visa and AMEX in Sept. 2011

I did churn the citi for couple of years too!
Assuming you mean 2010 and 1.5 spend, when was the last personal AA card you had with Citi opened?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sosewso
I love FT!!!! Thought this was over. Found out I just made it!

Applied for me & DH in summer. DH approved. I denied. Applied again in October. DH got Biz. I denied. Applied today on 2 machines for Visa ($1500)and AMEX personal ($4000). Both approved. Biz awaiting answer.

Perhaps I should have done the $4000 visa instead of the 1500 since that one wasn't expired and spending isn't my personal issue. But it seems like most have gotten the miles so hopefully it will be okay.
What were the reasons in the past 2 times you were denied, if you dont mind to share?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I applied and was approved for two cards this afternoon using the phone number listed in post #2.

First call: I asked if the promo where you get 75k for spending $1500 was still open, and they said yes and took an application for the VISA. The rep took my app, but couldn't approve me instantly, so she had to transfer me to someone else, who approved me. I asked if I could apply for an AmEx, too. She said yes, but mentioned that I had some other Citi card (non-AAdvantage) with a high limit, and that might make it harder to get approved. I hadn't used it in a couple of years, so I asked her to close it and she did with no hesitation.

Second Call: A few hours later, I called the number again, asked for the 75k/$1500 AmEx offer, and applied for the AmEx. It was approved immediately. I guess canceling the old card freed up my Citi credit limit.

DH was instantly approved for a VISA over the phone, but they said the Business VISA offer wasn't available. He went online and filled in a business app, and then he had to call and talk to a rep. He needs to fax in some documentation for the business, but they said since the app was taken today, it wouldn't matter when he was approved, he would still get the promo bonus. The agent apologized for the long wait time, and said they have been crazily busy today.

DH didn't want to go for a trifecta - he said there was language on the webpage that said if you applied for three, you would definitely be turned down for one. I didn't verify this personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.