[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by civico
Lastly, and again, I apologize if this is elementary level, but if I have never had a credit card with Citi before, would you suggest attempting to sign up for 2 personal and 1 business at the same time, 1 personal and 1 business, or keeping it simple and just doing the 1 personal.
Originally Posted by johndoe123
What's the best way to milk this guys? Two personal cards (one amex/one visa) for myself?
Post #2 lists the exact steps to follow to get 225K+ miles. In short: Get both personal cards on day 1 then apply for business card on day 65. If you don't have an actual business then be sure to just use your name as the business name and be prepared to be asked to send in two utility bills or similar documents that have your name and address on them. Good luck!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by ARM07470
Post #2 lists the exact steps to follow to get 225K+ miles. In short: Get both personal cards on day 1 then apply for business card on day 65. If you don't have an actual business then be sure to just use your name as the business name and be prepared to be asked to send in two utility bills or similar documents that have your name and address on them. Good luck!
Thanks.

What's the status of the 100k offers?

I was going to use this one, which does take 2 years to achieve, but I see a better offer on the first page. None the less this first page offer does not show the bonus like this link does.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...D=3001&BT_TX=1
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:11 am

Quick question -

Does buying a gift card at a retail store, such as Walgreens, count towards the spending requirement?

A related question -

Is there still a way to buy Amex gift card without a fee?

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:47 am

I was going to use this one, which does take 2 years to achieve, but I see a better offer on the first page. None the less this first page offer does not show the bonus...
The evidence so far has indicated that if the link works then the offer is still valid. As post 2 states, there will be no mention of the offer on the application page. I can also tell you that it will never be mentioned in any emails or mailings either. While you can call and confirm the offer after you apply, filling out the application requires a leap of faith.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: No preference
Thanks.

I was going to use this one, which does take 2 years to achieve, but I see a better offer on the first page. None the less this first page offer does not show the bonus like this link does.

The post a few above you reports success with the 100k offer. The one in post#2 is the better deal - requires the same spending for 25k more miles.

Originally Posted by WebNomad
Quick question -

Does buying a gift card at a retail store, such as Walgreens, count towards the spending requirement?

A related question -

Is there still a way to buy Amex gift card without a fee?

Thanks!
A purchase is a purchase. All Citi will see is a Walgreens purchase for $XX.

Search for a promocode to use, lot of them out there.

Originally Posted by ARM07470
The evidence so far has indicated that if the link works then the offer is still valid. As post 2 states, there will be no mention of the offer on the application page. I can also tell you that it will never be mentioned in any emails or mailings either. While you can call and confirm the offer after you apply, filling out the application requires a leap of faith.
Thanks for the instruction.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, CO, Delta
I was a bit late in discovering this thread...as you can see, my 1st post! I just got approved for an AA MC for 30k but haven't received the card yet. Can I ask them to change the offer to the 75k or would I have to apply for the visa separately and have to cancel my new MC?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:10 am

Thanks.

Note that to get the final 25,000 you will have to pay the annual fee.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by appl3
I was a bit late in discovering this thread...as you can see, my 1st post! I just got approved for an AA MC for 30k but haven't received the card yet. Can I ask them to change the offer to the 75k or would I have to apply for the visa separately and have to cancel my new MC?
You cannot change the offer mid-stream. You can apply for the visa separately but most likely rejected for:
1. Recently applied and approved for a Citi card already (60-90 day window rule)
2. Not a 1st time card member since you have the AA MC now.

Sorry, but you will have to wait awhile before you can jump on this offer.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
The original post also recommends the business card, but everything since complains of requests for supporting documentation.
You might receive requests for additional supporting information about the biz for verification - I did.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Nice that my first post is a happy one

Just confirming for anyone wondering if the deal is still on, that the deal is indeed still on: I just applied for and was confirmed for the 2 personal cards. Had to call-in to confirm details, and was approved instantly - CSRs confirming the terms of the deal.

Also got the CO deal last week, and expect to get approved for the Marriott deal after calling in to request that I be reconsidered after initially getting turned down (both Chase cards - reason was too many applications in a short period of time)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
The post a few above you reports success with the 100k offer. The one in post#2 is the better deal - requires the same spending for 25k more miles.

A purchase is a purchase. All Citi will see is a Walgreens purchase for $XX.

Search for a promocode to use, lot of them out there.

Thanks for the instruction.
Then I guess buying Amex gift card directly from Amex would be riskier, right?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by WebNomad
Then I guess buying Amex gift card directly from Amex would be riskier, right?
More risky than at your grocery story? Perhaps. However I think there's a few resellers online (bigcrumbs?) or others that don't make it so obvious.

I do not know the patterns of this card issuer.

In addition to purchase rebates, this has often been used as a method to also hide us mint purchases (buy gift card, buy mint coins).
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:25 pm

YES! I pushed my luck here, but it worked.

I got approved for both a business and personal visa today, even though I had just cancelled 1 business AA visa card yesterday, and I already have 1 personal citi AA mastercard, and 1 personal citi premier amex.

However I had a silly moment and forgot to use the 75k miles link for the business card, so I will only be getting 30k miles.

Has anyone had any success with "switching signup bonus offers" right after getting the card?
Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 1MM, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
What are my changes of getting approved?

Should I apply for the Personal card(s)?

Background: My last approved Personal AA Citi Amex was on 12/09 My last approved Business AA Visa was on 08/10. I cancelled my Personal Citi Amex on 06/10. I applied for AA Visa on 08/10 and got the "not first time" message. I still have AA Bus Visa.

What are the changes I will be approved for the personal AA Visa and AA Amex? Should I cancel my AA Bus Visa first and wait 60 before applying for the personal cards?

thanks,
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:43 am

Smile AMEX & Visa 75k offers still valid

Hi All:

I just want to thank all of the seasoned posters for the responses and links.

I pulled the trigger on the AMEX 75k with $1.5k in spending within the first six months, and received instant approval. I used the link provided in post #2, but was really leery about it as there was no indication of the 75k offer. There was a post that mentioned blind faith which is what convinced me to apply. I confirmed with the CSR on Monday that my offer was indeed valid with the 75k bonus with $1.5k in spending within the first six months, and waiver on the first year fee. With this approval, I thought what the heck, and applied for the Visa offer. I received my approval online, and confirmed with the CSR today that the offer was valid.

Thanks again all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.