[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by bjpack
I have received and used my 75,000 (x3) miles based on the 75k/$1500 offer. I have run into a problem with one of the purchases on one of the cards that will bring my balance under the $1500 on that card if I reverse the transaction. Should I just quickly use the card again so that the balance remains above $1500 when the transaction in question is reversed or should I not worry about it as the miles are already spent? My balance would actually dip to under $1000 if I reverse the transaction. Thanks in advance.
I don't think so, since the miles already posted on your AA acount, and spent it.
I have the same issue, and use the miles and never got any problem since I return on item that $600 refund back to my credit card.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bjpack
I have received and used my 75,000 (x3) miles based on the 75k/$1500 offer. I have run into a problem with one of the purchases on one of the cards that will bring my balance under the $1500 on that card if I reverse the transaction. Should I just quickly use the card again so that the balance remains above $1500 when the transaction in question is reversed or should I not worry about it as the miles are already spent? My balance would actually dip to under $1000 if I reverse the transaction. Thanks in advance.
I am by no means an expert but I have $1500 in NET charges by the time statement closes, in case they audit it and find out you've not met the minimum spending but already got your miles.

I highly doubt it happens. We don't hear of anyone having lost miles but technically you did not meet the requirement and I would hate to find my ticket canceled because of that.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by coco11
I don't think so, since the miles already posted on your AA acount, and spent it.
I have the same issue, and use the miles and never got any problem since I return on item that $600 refund back to my credit card.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to go ahead and return the item and I'll see what happens. Short of charging me a fee retroactively I'm not sure what they can do. I feel a little bad about this as it was not my intention to do it this way but I think Citibank and AA will survive.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It appears that the 100k/$10k business card bonus might be dead.

I applied under this link for the business card on 3/30 and then, after sending Citi documentation and proof of business, they approved my app today. However, when talking to someone on the card approval line, she mentioned that I am eligible for bonus miles under the 75k/$1500 terms, not 100k/$10k. I protested with her that I didn't sign up under those terms, but she said she couldn't do anything about it, but that I could follow up with Citi Customer Service when I call to activate my card once it arrives. I'm definitely going to try my best to get the 100k offer vs. just the 75k. I'll post an update once I get my card.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:27 pm

Looks like the 75k/$1500 deal is still working; I was instantly approved from both the personal Visa and Amex cards last night.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:37 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
FYI GUYS

Current Citi AAdvantage Retention Offers: 3 Miles/$1 for 6 months 10k Max

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...1615&t=2654085
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
I got:
1. Citi personal - Jan 2011
2. Capital One - Mar 2011

My credit score dropped 62 points after these 2 cards. I'm on the sidelines for a few years.

Originally Posted by ddallas
The biz card does not report to your personal credit report so all that will show on personal is the inquiry. So the only affect on your credit score is whatever hit you take for a recent inquiry, usually 3-7 points, and of course, showing a recent inquiry if the others that follow pull the same report. I'd get the business cards first because they won't show up as new accounts.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by euromannn
I got:
1. Citi personal - Jan 2011
2. Capital One - Mar 2011

My credit score dropped 62 points after these 2 cards. I'm on the sidelines for a few years.
Interesting. According to other posters and the credit score experts hard inquiries shouldn't hit your score by more than 3 to 6 points each. I've had 5 hard inquiries in the past 2 months. Today I checked my score and its up 20 points in the past 2 months.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
I agree strange.
WHen I got the 812 score it was on Equifax. After 2 CC's I then got a score from C1 of 749 using Experian.

Previously, to applying for the 2 new CC"s I checked all of my credit reports and appeared to be in good standing. Guess I need to sit it out for a while.

Originally Posted by kayjay
Interesting. According to other posters and the credit score experts hard inquiries shouldn't hit your score by more than 3 to 6 points each. I've had 5 hard inquiries in the past 2 months. Today I checked my score and its up 20 points in the past 2 months.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:07 am

I agree strange.
WHen I got the 812 score it was on Equifax. After 2 CC's I then got a score from C1 of 749 using Experian.

Previously, to applying for the 2 new CC"s I checked all of my credit reports and appeared to be in good standing. Guess I need to sit it out for a while.
What was your score on Experian before you applied? It could be that your score varies by agency and hasn't really fallen so much. You may want to check your Equifax score now to see if it has fallen.

Although YMMV, my scores have never changed materially as a result of obtaining credit cards.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:37 am

My score went from 760 to 758 after the CitiCards.

Wife's also dropped from 780 to 778, same 2 cards...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by wsflyer
What was your score on Experian before you applied? It could be that your score varies by agency and hasn't really fallen so much. You may want to check your Equifax score now to see if it has fallen.

Although YMMV, my scores have never changed materially as a result of obtaining credit cards.
Agreed, I have gotten 6 cards in the past 9 month and my score is down like 10-15.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
I agree strange.

749 should be sufficient to qualify your for nay card issuer.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by kayjay
749 should be sufficient to qualify your for nay card issuer.
Not necessarily true...there could be a bunch of recent hard pulls stopping him from getting approved.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Some.
75,000 posted today from my AMEX! Hopefully I meet the spend on the Visa by next statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.