[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Just applied for the Citi Business Visa with 75k bonus using link on page 2, used my name (with middle initial) as business name, business address same as home address, told to call to complete application. I waited 10 minutes at the final screen, but no chat window ever came up (maybe chat only works from 9 am -5 pm?). I called, gave them my app ID #, and they want me to mail in a bank/utility statement to verify my business address.

I did verify that the 75k bonus after $1500 spend in 6 months is still on.

Odds of getting approved? Anyone been successful getting the business card after sending in bank/utility statement?

I actually live with my mother and her name is on all the utility bills (same last name as mine). The only statements in my name are my credit card bills and bank statements; no utility bills in my name. Can I just send them credit card bills and bank statement? Does it HAVE to be a business bank account, or can it be a personal bank account?

Last edited by cloudeleven; May 20, 2011 at 9:30 pm
Old May 20, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by cloudeleven
Just applied for the Citi Business Visa with 75k bonus using link on page 2, used my name (with middle initial) as business name, business address same as home address, told to call to complete application. I waited 10 minutes at the final screen, but no chat window ever came up (maybe chat only works from 9 am -5 pm?). I called, gave them my app ID #, and they want me to mail in a bank/utility statement to verify my business address.

I did verify that the 75k bonus after $1500 spend in 6 months is still on.

Odds of getting approved? Anyone been successful getting the business card after sending in bank/utility statement?

I actually live with my mother and her name is on all the utility bills (same last name as mine). The only statements in my name are my credit card bills and bank statements; no utility bills in my name. Can I just send them credit card bills and bank statement?
i faxed in statements of two different bank accounts and got approved.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Originally Posted by kgkg
i faxed in statements of two different bank accounts and got approved.
You only sent bank account statements? No utility statements? Were those business bank accounts or personal accounts?

Last edited by cloudeleven; May 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm
Old May 21, 2011, 11:32 am

Wanted to confirm that I ended up getting both the personal Amex and Visa for the 75k/1500, applied for both on the 12th, so deal is definitely still alive.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
So, If you have a green Amex card, the offer for the Gold w/75k AA bonus miles is still valid? If so, what is the spend amount and time?

The first page link works, but does not indicate on the application form the bonus offer.

fyi, i currently hold a Citi AA Visa and mastercard, and a non AA green Amex.

HP
Old May 21, 2011, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by HighPotter
So, If you have a green Amex card, the offer for the Gold w/75k AA bonus miles is still valid? If so, what is the spend amount and time?
Green AMEX from American Express has nothing to do with this offer from Citi Bank. They are two different companies.

The first page link works, but does not indicate on the application form the bonus offer.
That is correct.

fyi, i currently hold a Citi AA Visa and mastercard, and a non AA green Amex.
If either your Citi AA Visa or AA mastercard are less that 18 months old, you will likely get the "first time only" denial.

HP
Old May 21, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by FauxFlyer
I'm so confused by your posts.

So you applied for both the VISA and the AMEX on the same day and you had an entire weeks time to wait and receive the VISA and activate it while that entire time the AMEX application was under review?

Something doesn't sound right.
That's exactly it. I was instantly approved for visa. About a week later i got the card and instantly activated it. About two days later i got an email from citi saying I was denied for the amex card. When I spoke to the agent she said that i was denied for not being a first time card member and referenced the visa account.

The only other possibiltiy could be that since i submitted the second app late that day (~11:30 EST) that the time zone had already changed wherever the app went to.

Regarding the application for the business card, Red River said:
Originally Posted by RedRiver
Yes, you can still apply for the business card. You have to wait 65 days from your last applications, though. Citi will automatically deny you if you have more than two applications in the last ~60 days.
Are the agents ever negotiable on this? I'm worried that the offer will disappear in another 60 days. Do they still do a pull on your credit if you get automatically denied?
Old May 21, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
FYI, wife received the 100k card and offer was confirmed. 750 spend in 4 months for 50k mikes and 10k spend in 1 year for 50k additional miles. Total 100k miles plus those miles for the purchases. I should have applied for myself instead as I am closer to million miles. Oh, well.... The 150k bonus is better than a stick in the eye!
Old May 21, 2011, 7:48 pm

Thank You, Thanks you, & Thank You FT I just got my Citi Business card today May21st 2011 and confirmed with Citi Ill be getting 75K Miles..

Yes it still works WHOOO HOOOO!
Old May 21, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Which offer did you take?
Old May 21, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
I was just accepted yesterday for the 30K offer. Is there any way to switch the offer to the 75K? Don't have the card in my possession as yet, which I don't know if that would be a plus or minus.
Old May 21, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Which offer did you take?
Citi BUSINESS
Old May 21, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
I was just accepted yesterday for the 30K offer. Is there any way to switch the offer to the 75K? Don't have the card in my possession as yet, which I don't know if that would be a plus or minus.
I read this does not work You can always give it a shot though...
Old May 21, 2011, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by erichpowell

Are the agents ever negotiable on this? I'm worried that the offer will disappear in another 60 days. Do they still do a pull on your credit if you get automatically denied?
I've never read of anyone having any success violating the app timing rules and getting it overturned. You will get denied, then discover that Citi reps are extremely unhelpful/unempowered to make any changes to these rules.

They probably won't pull a credit report on you.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
My wife recently got her Citi card approved with 75 K Miles after 4K spending in 6 months.
After the 4K Spending the miles are posted into her account.

I have seen 100K for citi cards. I couldn't find those anymore ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.