Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by dfwflyguy
My wife recently got her Citi card approved with 75 K Miles after 4K spending in 6 months.
After the 4K Spending the miles are posted into her account.

I have seen 100K for citi cards. I couldn't find those anymore ..
Did you check on the first page, perhaps post #2?
Old May 22, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I've been seeing a few comments about waiting 60 days and then going for a new business card. ie: about 5 up from this post
With the biz card isn't there also a time needed since you closed your last biz card? Maybe that's where the 60 days is coming from.

Last edited by tassojunior; May 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm
Old May 22, 2011, 2:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Got the 75k bonus

I received my 75k bonus related to a new personal Citi AA Amex card. I applied back in February.

After applying, I re-read the terms, and saw that the promotion was for first time card Citi AAdvantage cardmembers. I have an active personal Citi AA MasterCard - which I've had for just about 20 years - and use regularly. Both cards have the same SSN and AA numbers associated with them.

I didn't think I'd get the bonus...but turns out I did.^

YMMV.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
I received my 75k bonus related to a new personal Citi AA Amex card. I applied back in February.

After applying, I re-read the terms, and saw that the promotion was for first time card Citi AAdvantage cardmembers. I have an active personal Citi AA MasterCard - which I've had for just about 20 years - and use regularly. Both cards have the same SSN and AA numbers associated with them.

I didn't think I'd get the bonus...but turns out I did.^

YMMV.
They only look back about two years for successful applications of the AAdvantage card. Since you received your card before that, you cleared the filter.
Old May 22, 2011, 5:36 pm

so is it still churnable at a two year frequency?

Originally Posted by ddallas
They only look back about two years for successful applications of the AAdvantage card. Since you received your card before that, you cleared the filter.
Old May 22, 2011, 6:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by financeprof
so is it still churnable at a two year frequency?
I'll let you know in 2013!
Old May 22, 2011, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by RedRiver
Yes, you can still apply for the business card. You have to wait 65 days from your last applications, though. Citi will automatically deny you if you have more than two applications in the last ~60 days.
Does the ~65 day rule apply only within 1 bank or it is across banks. For example, if one applies for 2 cards with one bank can he also apply for a third card issued by another bank withing 60 days? Ty.
Old May 22, 2011, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysgreen
Does the ~65 day rule apply only within 1 bank or it is across banks. For example, if one applies for 2 cards with one bank can he also apply for a third card issued by another bank withing 60 days? Ty.
This is only about Citibank's rules.
Old May 22, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Denied?

I applied last week for the AMEX and VISA and haven't heard about the first but in regards to the visa I just got this message:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
this time because:
o You have submitted multiple applications for credit"

... I can't believe it... but I did I apply for two at once. But I understand many of you guys did as well. Did any of you through this first?

My credit score is good, 740 (Though I have an error being disputed (it says i have 4k limit when i have 15k with chase)). This is my 5th and 6th hard pull on the record (in the last two years) and I did BA may 5th and one in early april.

I have NO citibank accounts or cards.
I'm a little surprised but what do you think my odds are of over turning this?
Any suggestions for calling, i have no other limits to lower with Citi to negotiate.
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:58 am

Approved for both

I just applied for both personal VISA and AMEX and got approved for both. Chatted with CSR and confirmed the offer is still valid! Thanks FT!!!
Old May 23, 2011, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
I applied last week for the AMEX and VISA and haven't heard about the first but in regards to the visa I just got this message:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
this time because:
o You have submitted multiple applications for credit"

... I can't believe it... but I did I apply for two at once. But I understand many of you guys did as well. Did any of you through this first?
You usually get that message after you submit three Citi applications within 60 days. Sometimes in this situation people get two of the first card they applied for because the system accepted the application twice. So that's where your three applications might have come from. I would wait a little bit and see what shows up in the mail. If you get two AMEX, that's just as good as getting an AMEX and a VISA. You would get two bonuses after meeting spend on both.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
75k Visa Business, Approved again

Applied last August for a 100k/$10k spend card for my primary business. Also applied the same day for the personal amex. Too bad it wasn't clear back then that you could get two personals through in 1 day. I've never been able to get the visa personal for myself.

Applied 2 days ago for a 75k/$1.5k spend card for my second business. Received pending but called in this morning and it was approved. As an aside, I also applied for the Citi 40k Hilton personal card on the same day and was instantly approved.

Both businesses have separate tax id's and real revenue.

That brings us (DH and me) to 6 Citi AA cards under the 75k or 100k promos. Amazing.

Still waiting to hear on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card (50k) from Saturday. Nice round of apps.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by msp2msy
Applied last August for a 100k/$10k spend card for my primary business. Also applied the same day for the personal amex. Too bad it wasn't clear back then that you could get two personals through in 1 day. I've never been able to get the visa personal for myself.

Applied 2 days ago for a 75k/$1.5k spend card for my second business. Received pending but called in this morning and it was approved. As an aside, I also applied for the Citi 40k Hilton personal card on the same day and was instantly approved.

Both businesses have separate tax id's and real revenue.

That brings us (DH and me) to 6 Citi AA cards under the 75k or 100k promos. Amazing.

Still waiting to hear on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card (50k) from Saturday. Nice round of apps.
This is opposite the conventional wisdom in this thread. If anyone else feels compelled to apply for a second business card, there may be a chance to get it.

Hopefully it works out for you, msp2msy.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
This is opposite the conventional wisdom in this thread. If anyone else feels compelled to apply for a second business card, there may be a chance to get it.

Maybe things have changed recently for the better?

From my post last week: 19 May - I can confirm that the 50/50 biz Visa is still working. I just got approved CSR confirmed bonus/spend levels as mentioned above. Funny thing - the CSR was surprised by the mileage!

Edit - I forgot to add: I have both personal AA Visa/AMEX (50/50) and another Biz Visa (50/50) for a different Biz. Have had each since late last year. All are still active. 300k+ posted, now going for another 100k - thanks FT!!!!
Old May 23, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21

To add a bit more confidence... When I called in this morning and asked the open-ended question of what the terms of my sign-up promotion were, they very clearly stated 75k AA on $1,500 spend in 6 months. No prompting required. So, unless there's a back-end process that will stop this from going through later in the process, it all looks good.

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Maybe things have changed recently for the better?

From my post last week: 19 May - I can confirm that the 50/50 biz Visa is still working. I just got approved CSR confirmed bonus/spend levels as mentioned above. Funny thing - the CSR was surprised by the mileage!

Edit - I forgot to add: I have both personal AA Visa/AMEX (50/50) and another Biz Visa (50/50) for a different Biz. Have had each since late last year. All are still active. 300k+ posted, now going for another 100k - thanks FT!!!!
By the way, thank you Surface Interval! It was your post last week that led me to give it another whirl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.