Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 7:49 am

Uh oh, now what?

Originally Posted by FauxFlyer
Well considering the fact that this offer is "technically" expired already, it may not be valid anymore in about a month.

We're all just waiting for that one guinea pig to say "I applied via the link and was told that the sign up bonus is no longer valid" so that the 1st page, 2nd post can be updated as EXPIRED, DEAD

Don't be THAT guinea pig.

I say give it a shot, if you don't get approved then you can try again when your credit get's better.
Went ahead with my FICO score of 668 and applied for both the Personal Visa and Personal AmEx. For both, I got to step 3 and got the message:

"Thank you xxxxxxxxx. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card. "

In reading the posts so far, most people say that if you only get to Step 3, it is highly likely its a rejection. However, everyone that I've seen mentioning that Step 3 was a rejection was due to the "non 1st time cardmember". This is certainly my first time as a cardmember, since I haven't even had a credit card before.

So, do I wait the 2-5 business days to get the email before calling up the CSR's? Is it better to be proactive and call them immediately and ask about it? I don't have an application number since I only got to step 3, so will this get me nowhere?

If anyone who has experienced this can help me, that'd be great. I don't want to be passive and wait if its better to call and nag.

Thanks.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Timing for Business Card

How long should I wait after cancelling a business card to apply for another business card? 65 days is the answer I see so far in the forum

Thank you
Old May 18, 2011, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Savannah2000
How long should I wait after cancelling a business card to apply for another business card? 65 days is the answer I see so far in the forum

Thank you
It is 90 days for business cards. Just to be safe keep it around 95 days.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:37 am

Next step

Was approved for the Citi AmEx (was declined for the Visa), and the card arrived last week.

When I call to activate the card and verify the 75k promotion, is there something specific I should ask for? Or should I just tell them that I'm making sure that this is what I'll be getting before activating?

Thanks for any insight.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Applied using the 50,000/100,000 link for the Visa and Amex. Approved for both last week. Received the Visa today, called & spoke with CSR and confirmed that we have in fact received a card with the 50k/100k bonus.

The offer was expired when we applied but the link still worked (obviously).

Will post back when we get the AMEX as well.

H
Old May 18, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysgreen
Just to clarify since you wrote "today", is applying the same day critical? TU
Same day is not critical. But I would want to apply before the two new Citi accounts show up on the credit report. New accounts can hurt your chances of being approved for other cards.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Same day is not critical. But I would want to apply before the two new Citi accounts show up on the credit report. New accounts can hurt your chances of being approved for other cards.
Thank you, ddallas.
By now (24 hrs after applying for the two cards) I have already received emails from citi with account numbers. I guess I am late for another new card at the moment. I'll wait for another great offer.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:54 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by alwaysgreen
Thank you, ddallas.
By now (24 hrs after applying for the two cards) I have already received emails from citi with account numbers. I guess I am late for another new card at the moment. I'll wait for another great offer.
They put your account numbers in an email?! That is really insecure. Please tell us if they actually did this. It would severely damage in my trust of Citibank.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pgary
They put your account numbers in an email?! That is really insecure. Please tell us if they actually did this. It would severely damage in my trust of Citibank.
I'm assuming it was just the last few. My latest AMEX approval got me an email with the last 5 digits included
Old May 18, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
No, they only mentioned the last 4. My point was to clarify that the accounts have already been established (rather than just approved) so they may appear on credit reports (though, I am not knowledgeable enough to say if this is the case).
Old May 18, 2011, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
It is 90 days for business cards. Just to be safe keep it around 95 days.
I miscalculated and only waited 70 -- got denied at step 3.

Anyone think I now need to wait another 90 days or just another month?
Old May 18, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
I believe you need to not have had a business card in the last 90 days. I don't remember where it says that. I have not tried it yet.
Incorrect, at least for me.

I opened a Biz card in August and cancelled in April and was able to get another business card last week.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Have had personal master for 3 years now...

Applied to 75K offers about a month ago and rejected due to first-timer only.

Just applied to business visa card but it stopped at step 3, which seems like a rejection from consensus here...

FICO score is around 750 but history isn't THAT strong..
Old May 18, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Incorrect, at least for me.

I opened a Biz card in August and cancelled in April and was able to get another business card last week.
Originally Posted by clockhand
Have had personal master for 3 years now...

Applied to 75K offers about a month ago and rejected due to first-timer only.

Just applied to business visa card but it stopped at step 3, which seems like a rejection from consensus here...

FICO score is around 750 but history isn't THAT strong..
Both of these instances are out of the ordinary compared to what almost everyone else has been saying. Sorry for the bad luck.
Old May 18, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
When receiving a plat personal card, it says max miles per year is 100k. Does this mean my 100k bonus maxes out my miles? Or will I get 110k? Or do bonus miles not count toward 100k annual cap?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.