[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by laslo
My first billing statement came out yesterday. Since I had fulfilled the $4,000requirement I checked my AAdvantage account today. The bonus miles were already there. Nice job Citi!
Mine didn't post until last night, but the miles are *dated* the 4th (closing date), as if they were there on the 4th. Go figure. At least they're there now!

Last edited by emeraldtx; Apr 8, 2011 at 8:37 pm
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sholnay
. I applied for a business card about 2.5 months later but was declined.

Saw some recent success on this deal here again so I just applied for the CitiAA Visa Business (1500 spend) card again and was approved this time.

!

I've been thinking about applying for a Business card again as I was also turned down for a Business card (not with the current 75k mile card deal) but with the 40k mile card last year. I have a part time freelance job on the side but not registered. I had used my email address as my sole prop. company name and used my SS# . They had my application under the dreaded pending review and was sent a letter saying couldn't verfy my company info and needed all sorts of proof. Letter heads, utililty and phone bills etc. I was only able to supply some of the info they needed and was eventually denied anyway.

So, just wondered how did you manage to be approved the second time around for the business card. What did you do that was different this time?
So, if I didn't have a registered business and wanted to try this again, what would be the best way of applying for the best chances of getting approved? Anyone with similar experiences can also post or PM me with details

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:31 pm
Suspended

I think you need minimum of 90 days (or some have said 90days + 7extra days just to be safe) from time application for personal Citi AA card before being able to apply for the Citi business card.
But don't remember what was the maximum number of credit pulls Citi allows as they can deny an application for having too many, can't remember was it 6 credit pulls every 6months or something else
Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
AA posted miles to my account quicker than expected

Was nicely surprised that the 75K miles posted to my account less than a week after meeting the spending amount. Did not even wait for the next statement period to kick in. Was expecting a much longer time period.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by TravelTexan
AA posted miles to my account quicker than expected.
I am glad you got your miles quickly, but the credit goes to Citi, not AA.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Too late for a 2nd AAdvantage Card?

Hello,
I opened the 75k mile citi visa in December and was just awarded the points. Unfortunately, I hadnt discovered FT yet and only signed up for 1 card that day. Is there any way I can still get 75k miles for an AMEX or business card? (To be fair I do not own a business).

Thanks!

PS I apologize if this has already been asked, I couldnt find the answer with the search function.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Hello,
I opened the 75k mile citi visa in December and was just awarded the points. Unfortunately, I hadnt discovered FT yet and only signed up for 1 card that day. Is there any way I can still get 75k miles for an AMEX or business card? (To be fair I do not own a business).

Thanks!

PS I apologize if this has already been asked, I couldnt find the answer with the search function.
You can probably get a business card. You'd almost certainly be denied for another personal, but as always, YMMV.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:42 pm

No Business card

Hubby had been able to get the business card more than once in the past. Last application was Nov. 9th. Cancelled about 2 weeks ago and he just applied again. He even got to step 5, but received an email a few days later with denial because he had the business card in the past. It said valid only for 1st time cardmembers. So, at least for hubby, they are no longer allowing repeat business cards every 90 days. That hurts!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:24 pm

I applied for the non-Business Visa and AMEX cards and both got approved, but nothing was said about the bonus on the confirmation page. Do I have to call CSR for the confirmation, or I can just go ahead and use the cards and wait for the miles to post? Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by WebNomad
I applied for the non-Business Visa and AMEX cards and both got approved, but nothing was said about the bonus on the confirmation page. Do I have to call CSR for the confirmation, or I can just go ahead and use the cards and wait for the miles to post? Thanks!
If you used the links at the beginning of this thread, you're fine. If you're uncomfortable, call... but it really will work without that phone call!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by emeraldtx
If you used the links at the beginning of this thread, you're fine. If you're uncomfortable, call... but it really will work without that phone call!
thanks for a straight answer!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold UA CO DL BA SPG Hyatt Hilton Marriott
I applied for and was denied a 2nd business card in late January. I wrote a reconsideration letter and was given the 2nd biz card in February. In early March I applied for a personal card, having had a zillion of these in the past years. I was given it with no trouble. They keep giving me outrageous credit limits like $20K.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by zippyonthego
I applied for and was denied a 2nd business card in late January. I wrote a reconsideration letter and was given the 2nd biz card in February. In early March I applied for a personal card, having had a zillion of these in the past years. I was given it with no trouble. They keep giving me outrageous credit limits like $20K.
Did they pull credit again after you sent in your reconsideration letter? They do for me everytime I send a letter
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Got three cards a few months ago - personal for me and my wife and business for me. All hit minimum spend number almost immediately.

Wife got her points pretty quickly. Mine took two weeks more (that was a week and a half ago) but still no posting for the business account.

Is this normal? Anyone else seen this? When do I start calling?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397
Got three cards a few months ago - personal for me and my wife and business for me. All hit minimum spend number almost immediately.

Wife got her points pretty quickly. Mine took two weeks more (that was a week and a half ago) but still no posting for the business account.

Is this normal? Anyone else seen this? When do I start calling?

Thanks!
It all depends on the statment date-Your miles should post a few days after the statement date when you reach the spending requirements

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.