Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:11 pm

Alright, I just put $1500 of purchases (thanks US Mint!) on my AA card. Do I have to do anything now, or just wait until the next statement comes out? Does it have to be over $1500 or is exactly $1500 okay?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Alright, I just put $1500 of purchases (thanks US Mint!) on my AA card. Do I have to do anything now, or just wait until the next statement comes out? Does it have to be over $1500 or is exactly $1500 okay?
Why not charge a few extra bucks on something you would spend on anyway?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Why not charge a few extra bucks on something you would spend on anyway?
Makes sense. Jimmy john's sounds great right now!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:16 am

In another thread, posters claimed Citi may send you a 1099 form for bonus miles earned (which are valued at 2.5 cents/mi.) So for 75K miles, that's $1875 in "income" earned. If this is true, why wolud anyone do this offer? Can anyone who got the 75K miles in 2010 comment on this? Those people would know by now since tax day is almost here. Thanks in adv.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by jh811
In another thread, posters claimed Citi may send you a 1099 form for bonus miles earned (which are valued at 2.5 cents/mi.) So for 75K miles, that's $1875 in "income" earned. If this is true, why wolud anyone do this offer? Can anyone who got the 75K miles in 2010 comment on this? Those people would know by now since tax day is almost here. Thanks in adv.

Not true, Bonus miles are not taxable.
Some miles maybe taxable if it's in lieu of interest for savings or checking accts( 1099) but not 100% sure on this, perhaps others may know. I only have it with Bank Direct and their miles are still tax free (for now)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Business Credit Card- denied- what to provide?

I applied for the business card before reading some of the helpful advice threads as to how to do it. I used the name of the company I work for and was denied due to not enough information about the company. Can I send an update and just use my name and SS# this time? Or is it too late?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
This has only been reported as happening with savings accounts as far as I know.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:29 pm

In another thread, posters claimed Citi may send you a 1099 form for bonus miles earned (which are valued at 2.5 cents/mi.) So for 75K miles, that's $1875 in "income" earned. If this is true, why wolud anyone do this offer?
They wouldn't do it if it were true.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by lindsayw
Called the application line, and they said only the 30k offer was available.

Applied for the 75k Visa and Amex (both personal, $1500 spend) one after another, in different browsers, approved for both! Time will tell if the 150k posts!
I just rang up the Citi AAdvantage applications center and they also told me the 75k bonus miles offer is no longer available. They said only the 30k bonus mile offer is available now. I guess it must have run out at the end of March...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Did 2 for my dad, didnt use two browsers, and prob should have. Had to call in, got both approved. Limits are quite low, but dad dont care as he only uses cards for miles (i guess thats my fault). 1 Visa-Sig and 1 Amex. Confirmed both will get 75k mile bonus with $1500 spend in 6 months.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lakey173
I just rang up the Citi AAdvantage applications center and they also told me the 75k bonus miles offer is no longer available. They said only the 30k bonus mile offer is available now. I guess it must have run out at the end of March...
First post. Does something that it doesn't take five minutes of looking at FT posts on various topics to see you shouldn't do. Contradicts information in post #2.

I smell a troll!!!

And, if not, please go back and follow the instructions in post #2 before applying for the 30k offer.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
BTW lakey173, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
Did 2 for my dad, didnt use two browsers, and prob should have. Had to call in, got both approved. Limits are quite low, but dad dont care as he only uses cards for miles (i guess thats my fault). 1 Visa-Sig and 1 Amex. Confirmed both will get 75k mile bonus with $1500 spend in 6 months.
Hi Chanp,

Which tele # did you call to get the Amex (I assume personal card) for the $1500 spending. I couldn't find any working #.

Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:34 pm
Suspended

I just applied for the Capital 1 card last week and that resulted in a mandatory 3 credit pulls from 3 agencies and also applied for Chase card for another airline resulting in another credit pull.
Am I over the limit for credit inquiries( meaning will I get denied) if I want to apply for 2 personal Citicards this week? Thank you for any information as I don't want to apply and have no chances of getting the cards at this point.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Applied for and got 3 cards awhile ago - Personal for me and my wife and a Business for me.

Hit the spend on all three almost immediately. My wife's bonus miles posted a week ago and I'm still waiting for the other two which clearly hit the spend level before hers. Called AA and they said 6-8 weeks. Tried to ask if my wife's was the error or mine but got nowhere except they did acknowledge that both cards were attached to my AA account.

Anyone else seen this? How long is it taking for most people to get their bonus miles posted? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.