[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by XStAnt
Now to decide if I want to push my luck and have my wife apply.
Why not have her apply? There is no household limit. I wish I got the 2 personal approvals on the same day. For some reason my second personal (applied 1 hour apart) was denied due to "multiple applications" = lost 75k
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robertwa
You are probably right that I did my cards wrong, but I was trying to avoid the $4K spend on the AMEX. The $1500 spend AMEX did not work for me, as the link is down and the phone number no longer works. Of course, the $4K is not much harder to reach than the $1500 if you do it right. C'est la vie, hindsight is clearer, blah blah light dawn something

I checked the dates I wanted using the "Redeem Miles" section on the AA site and there were several options. Are you saying that those flights aren't really there?
I dont know where you are planning to go. Just remind you that some routes the award seats are long gone or rapidly disappearing as being discussed extensively on AA forum.

Plus, what you see now do not mean they will still be there when your miles are available - either they could be booked by others before you have the miles or AA pulls them when yield management decides the tickets are selling at a faster rate...

Award availability is a AT THE MOMENT thing. A snap shot taken now means nothing unless you can BOOK IT NOW.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:51 am

First time poster. Thanks for all the contributors to this thread. I applied once for the deal on Thursday and got an "Error - please try again later" message. I applied again Friday and did not get instant approval. I got home last night to two Visa confirmation letters. I called customer services and they told me I was confirmed for two of the 75K/$1,500 Visa cards. I am not sure if I am just lucky or what happened. I wish I would have tried for the AMEX card now too.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:46 am

Just applied this morning. Wife and I approved for 2 personal Visa. Had to call to finish the business Visa. Was approved and confirmed that it was 75K with 1500 spend. Applied for another business Visa with my other business, and no message to call in this time. Just under review. That one might not work. Got 3 anyway. So for anyone wondering, it does still work as of March 29.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:48 am

75K Visa with $1500 spend

Originally Posted by XStAnt
I can confirm that as of 3/28/2011 the 75,000 miles visa w/ $1500 in spend and the 75,000 mile AMEX w/ $4000 in spending are both still active. Got approved for both cards tonight using the links in post #2. With the visa I used secure chat to get approval. With the Amex chat wasn't given as an option but I called the number and got approved.

Now to decide if I want to push my luck and have my wife apply.
Dear XStAnt,
Where did you find a secure chat for the visa? Thanks! J.D.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
Jaullo, the link for the secure chat was on the page that came up after submitting the app. It was the page that said they needed more info and I could wait, call the 800 number, or click to chat. I only got that link for the visa app, not the Amex app.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by thebum123
First time poster. Thanks for all the contributors to this thread. I applied once for the deal on Thursday and got an "Error - please try again later" message. I applied again Friday and did not get instant approval. I got home last night to two Visa confirmation letters. I called customer services and they told me I was confirmed for two of the 75K/$1,500 Visa cards. I am not sure if I am just lucky or what happened. I wish I would have tried for the AMEX card now too.
Lucky you, enjoy your 150,000 miles!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:06 pm

75K AA Visa with $1500 spend

Thanks XStAnt!

Today I applied for the personal visa first, via the link on post2, and got the chat message and they also approved the offer of 75K with $1500 spend within 6 months. Next I applied for the business card, and just like you, got no chat but instead called the toll free number they gave to provide additional info. When I called they confirmed the biz card offer of 75K with $1500 spend. I have had Aadvantage cards in the past but closed them more than 1 year ago. Thank you for this information! I feel very happy about this :-)
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
Congrats jaullo! I just started the credit card churn myself so I am also really excited when I get approved for 2 great offers at the same time.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by coco11
Were you wife requested additional document to proof the business or just approved.

Thanks
My wife was not asked for any additional documentation at all.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:03 pm

Only been reading about the personal Visa or Business card having the $1500 spend limit still being offered. Is the Amex personal card with the $1500 no longer valid? I tried the 800# on post 2 to check for any $1500 offers but the phone line no longer works. Anyone have any other phone # or web links to Amex $1500 spent card?
Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by jaullo
Thanks XStAnt!

. Next I applied for the business card, and just like you, got no chat but instead called the toll free number they gave to provide additional info. When I called they confirmed the biz card offer of 75K with $1500 spend. :-)

Post 2 said that you could apply for the business card without having a business. When they gave you the toll number to call to provide additional info. May I ask what info was required?
I plan to also apply for the business card with $1500 spending but do not own a business and have read many were denied or had to sent proof of business to get approval.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn
Based on other posts I think you need 18-24 months between cards at Citi.

Based on my own experiences, minimum of at least 18 to perhaps 24months since your last card was closed (and not when you last applied for the card).
24months =2 years still may not be any guarantees.

I was denied the 75k due for not being a new member even though I had closed my last Citicard well over 15-16months earlier. If it was based on last application date of the closed card then the card was applied over 24months earlier.

Some are being flagged at random (like my account) even as I was not a true churner. Only open 2 Citicards previously.

Some that make it thru their computer filters only had 6months or so between applications and still got approval. So, its the luck of the draw.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:37 pm

Ok im new on here and have been reading alot of info.

My question is, I dont have any Citi cards and was going to apply. I do have 1 Mastercard ( Not Citi) and 2 small department store cards. My credit is maybe low to mid 700's. What are the chances of getting approved?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by mighty836
Ok im new on here and have been reading alot of info.

My question is, I dont have any Citi cards and was going to apply. I do have 1 Mastercard ( Not Citi) and 2 small department store cards. My credit is maybe low to mid 700's. What are the chances of getting approved?
Your chances are good. Considering the reward if successful compared to the minimal effect temporary effect on you credit score I think its a no brainer for you.

Go ahead apply for at least two cards as explained many times in previous threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.