[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Just pulled the trigger on the Citi Amex and got instant approval. How long do I wait before applying for the Citi Visa for 75k miles?
Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Oh oh..Tried to apply for the visa after 20min but did not get instant approval unfortunately . Hoping get approval later via email!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:26 pm

we are unable to approve your request for the account at this time because of the following: o The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are currently restricted
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by vickh
we are unable to approve your request for the account at this time because of the following: o The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are currently restricted
Huh...do you currently have another Citi card of some kind?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by raghu455
Oh oh..Tried to apply for the visa after 20min but did not get instant approval unfortunately . Hoping get approval later via email!
You probably will be rejected for the first-time customer only reason.

You should have read this thread and followed the advice to apply for both cards on the same day.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
For those who applied for a business card without a business, what do you put years in business, line of business, and annual revenue?
0, other, $0. Has worked several times over the last 12+ months. For the last app I said 1, other, $0 just to be consistent with the first app.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
One final gasp for biz card

I learned yesterday that my application for the Visa Business Card was denied. I would, finally, be ready to move on from this promo, but for the following.

I was denied based on too high untilization of credit rate. Although some potential creditors don't have a problem with this, I can understand it because I have a couple of lines of credit on a couple of pieces of real property. However, on the very same day that I applied for this business card, I also applied for an Amex Personal Card and got accpeted with a $10,000 limit. I know that these are different application, different companies/depts, etc, but come on. give me a break.

I called in and spoke to a supervisor, but no go. I offered to move some credit over from my personal lines (which I knew was a no go) and also pretty much begged for a minimal line of credit. It was pretty clear that this person couldn't do anything so I asked if I could go any higher. She told me that I would need to contact the Executive Response Department. Anyone ever deal with these folks or have any other suggestions?

xlax
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by buschoi
You should have read this thread and followed the advice to apply for both cards on the same day.
What do you mean? Isn't that exactly what he did?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
So here is my experience tonight:

Called for the Amex 75k/1500 card and did not get instant approval, however I was transfrerred to someone who asked a few basic questions and then gave me an approval.

I then applied for the Visa thru the 75k/$1500 link and again did not get instant approval. I called the phone number provided and gave my appl ID and got approval for that one also.

So I'll have to wait and see if I get both cards and both bonuses, but so far so good.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:17 pm

+20k after asking to switch promotions

New to the FT but just wanted to report my experience. I signed up for the Amex 75k/1500 card last month. I called earlier today saying that I had intended to sign up for the 100k/10000 card and asked if they could switch me to the 100k promotion. The CSR was really nice and put me on hold to see if she could do the switch. She came back and instead told me that her supervisor approved her to give me 20k additional miles as long as I meet the 75k card spending requirement! I really just wanted to get the 100k promotion but of course gladly accepted the 20k.

Last edited by pongben; Feb 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by pongben
New to the FT but just wanted to report my experience. I signed up for the Amex 75k/1500 card. I called earlier today saying that I had intended to sign up for the 100k/10000 card and asked if they could switch me to the 100k promotion. The CSR was really nice and put me on hold to see if she could do the switch. She came back and instead told me that her supervisor approved her to give me 20k additional miles as long as I meet the 75k card spending requirement! I really just wanted to get the 100k promotion but of course gladly accepted the 20k.
Wow, that's generous of them. Seems that a lot of credit card companies are giving similar gifts these days. ^
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by srodr
What do you mean? Isn't that exactly what he did?
opps you're right. Hadn't had enough coffee yet.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:25 pm

I applied for the personal AA Citi Mastercard just over 6 months ago and would like to cancel the card now.

Would i be considered for the personal AA Citi Visa card?

It's a Visa this time, instead of a Mastercard, but it is still AA and still Citi, though 6 months have passed.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Originally Posted by xlax
I learned yesterday that my application for the Visa Business Card was denied. I would, finally, be ready to move on from this promo, but for the following.

I was denied based on too high untilization of credit rate. Although some potential creditors don't have a problem with this, I can understand it because I have a couple of lines of credit on a couple of pieces of real property. However, on the very same day that I applied for this business card, I also applied for an Amex Personal Card and got accpeted with a $10,000 limit. I know that these are different application, different companies/depts, etc, but come on. give me a break.

I called in and spoke to a supervisor, but no go. I offered to move some credit over from my personal lines (which I knew was a no go) and also pretty much begged for a minimal line of credit. It was pretty clear that this person couldn't do anything so I asked if I could go any higher. She told me that I would need to contact the Executive Response Department. Anyone ever deal with these folks or have any other suggestions?

xlax
Hello fellow traveler, Yes, I was denied by Citi the first time around and was told to go to the Executive Review folks. Well I sent them a letter and about two weeks later a rep called me and said how sorry that I had to go through this stuff and I was approved. I had a bk about 9.5 years ago and was told that was the initial reason. Nothin bad since. Anyway the address is:

CitiBank Executive Review Department
P.O. Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

explain in detail who you talked to and what they said, that is what I did. This lady called and took care of business. Let me know how it turns out for you. Later. Mike
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
I was planning to apply for one of the personal cards, but I will have to unfreeze my credit report first (I have it frozen for identity security reasons). How many days should I leave my credit report unfrozen? 1 day? A week?

I was thinking if I didn't get approved immediately, I might need to leave the credit report unfrozen for days (?) while Citi reconsidered my application. What do you think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.